Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

IKEA Home Stuff Objects Fix - Missing FT Functions Enabled (Updated 2009/01/09) Made IKEA clock fully usable

by Lord Darcy Posted 25th Jun 2008 at 1:10 PM - Updated 24th Jul 2011 at 8:08 AM by Lord Darcy : v1.01: Made IKEA clock fully usable. Elders can watch IKEA TV while lounging on the sofa.

59 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 20 Feedback Posts, 38 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#26 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 3:53 AM
I love that you have EA's mess cleaned up before I even install the latest stuff pack. Thank you for giving me what EA *should* have!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#27 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 4:21 AM
Wonderful, can always rely on you to fix what Maxis ALWAYS forgets.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#28 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 5:03 AM
Again, I see your fix before I even recieve the SP! Awesome! Thanks!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#29 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 5:22 AM
Thanks for this super quick fix! And also for the tip about regenerating thumbnails.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#30 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 8:23 AM
Great job! Its people like you who make this game playable!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#31 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 3:18 PM
I knew this would happen! Here's hoping that EAxis can somehow make it so they don't need to update existing things in The Sims 3!
Moderator of pixels for pixels
retired moderator THANKS POST
#32 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 7:47 PM
Thanks so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#33 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 8:44 PM
Thanks Again!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#34 Old 27th Jun 2008 at 4:07 AM
I got the pack today, after seeing your fix for it. I have no idea how I could play the game without all your fixes. THANKS A MILLION!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#35 Old 27th Jun 2008 at 8:56 PM
Thank you! I hope EA will pay you high for doing their work
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#36 Old 27th Jun 2008 at 9:43 PM Last edited by darkangelwitch666 : 27th Jun 2008 at 9:48 PM.
Thanks I think a lot of people working at EA on the Sims are being over paid for rubbish work and need getting rid of.

There is no reason why there should be so many mess ups and what the hell are the game tester being paid for? As it looks like they are not even testing the new EPs, if they did, then they would have seen the bugs.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#37 Old 29th Jun 2008 at 12:24 AM
I thinck we should make a statue to you .My english is bad, excuse me, but for me , you are a heroe ! thanck you very very much !!!!!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#38 Old 30th Jun 2008 at 7:13 AM Last edited by Lord Darcy : 10th Jan 2009 at 1:20 PM.
Update: Changed the installation location of Pre-FT version of the fix. Also added z- prefix to the file name to override SPObjects.package in IKEA pack. Fix itself was not altered, you don't have to redownload. If your latest EP is only up to BV, move the fix to the new location and rename the file yourself to something like zLdDarcy_SP8IKEAObjectsFix_ClockOnly.package.

This is only for Pre-FT version, FT version is not affected.

NO Requests! | How to update fridges/computers to FT | Booty - Get pay items for free!
Check out my Journal for updates on past creations.
Recent Updates: Pie Menu Text Strings Fix | Teen Style Stuff Computer and Stereo Fix | IKEA Home Stuff Objects Fix
Test Subject
#39 Old 30th Jun 2008 at 3:40 PM
If I decide to buy Apartment Life this summer, do I have to change the location of the fix into C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Apartment Life\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins ?

soccer rules!!!!!!!!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#40 Old 30th Jun 2008 at 7:38 PM Last edited by Lord Darcy : 30th Jun 2008 at 8:58 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Streifenhoernchen
If I decide to buy Apartment Life this summer, do I have to change the location of the fix into C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Apartment Life\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins ?

We'll wait to see. Typically EAxis includes fix for outdated SP objects (like Teen electronics and K&B appliances) in the next EP's Overrides.package. However, if history repeats itself, EAxis may very well do the poor quality job on updating IKEA objects just like Teen objects, e.g. forgetting Tinker for IKEA TV. If so, as EAxis will change the group of IKEA objects for no sensible reason, new AL version will be required.
For IKEA clock, I expect the path you've suggested will work, as it is highly unlikely that EAxis will enable alarm clock functions in AL.

NO Requests! | How to update fridges/computers to FT | Booty - Get pay items for free!
Recent Updates: Pie Menu Text Strings Fix | Teen Style Stuff Computer and Stereo Fix | IKEA Home Stuff Objects Fix
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 30th Jun 2008 at 11:01 PM
Do you know, I have tried this fix 3 times now - placing it the freetime folder as directed then trying the ikea folder and then a last ditch attempt I just put it in the downloads folder and as yet it hasn't worked for me. The Billy bookcase (i have those in real life) has no FT options - same for the other things.. As this fix clearly works for people, I am at a loss why its not working for me.
Test Subject
#42 Old 2nd Jul 2008 at 10:50 PM
Is there a fix available for the new refrigerator? Is it included in this dl? I'm not sure if it is the IKEA expansion or the Kitchen one as I've gotten them on the same day. The STOCK options aren't available. Do you have another patch? I've installed this and it won't give the menus to me still.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#43 Old 2nd Jul 2008 at 11:31 PM
Awsome! EA should fix these things BEFORE they release the games
You should own EA
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#44 Old 3rd Jul 2008 at 9:33 AM
The third FreeTime patch does NOT fix these IKEA objects. By now, one can only hope EAxis will at least include fixes for neglected SP objects in the subsequent EP patch, but no. They're lightning-fast in releasing patches when it comes to MONIES (Read: Sims Store), forcing updated Securom and EA Downloader into everybody's throat, but do not give a damn about fixing the stuff they b0rked in the past SP. I'm afraid IKEA objects will be fixed only in AL, if we're lucky at that.

Lab Assistant
#45 Old 5th Jul 2008 at 12:56 PM
Xianah, I'm having the same problem, I've put it in C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 FreeTime\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins and it's not working, I've removed the sub folder and just left it there to see if it makes any difference because in the subfolder it was doing nothing. Lord Darcy am I missing something?

Happy simming!

shell
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#46 Old 5th Jul 2008 at 1:31 PM Last edited by Lord Darcy : 5th Jul 2008 at 2:22 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by shell05231
Xianah, I'm having the same problem, I've put it in C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 FreeTime\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins and it's not working, I've removed the sub folder and just left it there to see if it makes any difference because in the subfolder it was doing nothing. Lord Darcy am I missing something?

Try the location for Pre-FT version. (StuffPack\Objects) Rename the fix to something like zLdDarcy... to override SPObjects.package.

Lab Assistant
#47 Old 5th Jul 2008 at 2:47 PM
Hmm but I have FreeTime, will that not work, because I have freetime so shouldn't it work in the FreeTime location instead of the Pre-FT location? I'm going to see if moving from the sub folder worked first, hopefully I'll get to sim later.
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 8th Jul 2008 at 1:53 PM
Never mind putting it in the Stuffpacks\Objects location worked, it now has fixed the tv, bookcase etc - so thanks :-D
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#49 Old 17th Jul 2008 at 6:10 PM
Thanks!
Test Subject
#50 Old 19th Jul 2008 at 5:58 PM
I've got a question about the photo you're using with the Sim female considering whether she wants to "watch," "watch movie. . .," "workout," "tinker," and she's done tinkering. Is that all Sims can do now? They used to be able to watch cartoons and sports shows (for the sports parties), but they don't anymore. My Uni Sims wish to throw a sports party, but I don't want to throw one only to learn it will bomb because they can no longer watch sports. Are those some of the missing codes you were discussing in another thread (for the fridge patches, I believe)?
Page 2 of 3