Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

IKEA Home Stuff Objects Fix - Missing FT Functions Enabled (Updated 2009/01/09) Made IKEA clock fully usable

by Lord Darcy Posted 25th Jun 2008 at 1:10 PM - Updated 24th Jul 2011 at 8:08 AM by Lord Darcy : v1.01: Made IKEA clock fully usable. Elders can watch IKEA TV while lounging on the sofa.

59 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 20 Feedback Posts, 38 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 3
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#51 Old 19th Jul 2008 at 9:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by slcd
I've got a question about the photo you're using with the Sim female considering whether she wants to "watch," "watch movie. . .," "workout," "tinker," and she's done tinkering. Is that all Sims can do now? They used to be able to watch cartoons and sports shows (for the sports parties), but they don't anymore.

The TV is TURNED OFF in the picture. Other options become available only after it's turned on. Hasn't it been always this way since base game?

NO Requests! | How to update fridges/computers to FT | Booty - Get pay items for free!
Check out my Journal for updates on past creations.
Recent Updates: Pie Menu Text Strings Fix | Teen Style Stuff Computer and Stereo Fix | IKEA Home Stuff Objects Fix
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 21st Jul 2008 at 3:05 AM
Thank you for this wonderful fix because I needed it but I don't know about where you put the clock fix. I can't find the Res, TSData, or anywhere like you wrote. Can you tell me about where to put that? I don't know if that's for XP or Vista but I use Vista and I can't find it. Please help me. Anyways, thanks for the TV fix!

cytö Sims Division
Questions or Comments?
Websitecytö
"Life is Short, Live Life Better"
Test Subject
#53 Old 23rd Jul 2008 at 8:46 PM
Even when on, the TV no longer gives the option to select cooking shows, cartoons, news, or sports. Sports programs are tuned in by Sims, but the cooking to learn option is definitely missing. Try any of the televisions, especially the original sets that tell you in their descriptions that cooking skill is developed "+cooking." Maxis must have neglected to include these options in the later expansions.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#54 Old 24th Jul 2008 at 3:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by slcd
Even when on, the TV no longer gives the option to select cooking shows, cartoons, news, or sports.

All channels definitely exist in my game, including cooking channel, as shown in the attached screenshot. Which EP/SP do you have, anyway? Are you sure you don't have a hack conflict?

Screenshots

NO Requests! | How to update fridges/computers to FT | Booty - Get pay items for free!
Recent Updates: Pie Menu Text Strings Fix | Teen Style Stuff Computer and Stereo Fix | IKEA Home Stuff Objects Fix
Test Subject
#55 Old 24th Jul 2008 at 7:32 PM
I couldn't check yesterday due to electrical storms. Yes. Once the television is on, Sims can switch to whichever station they wish to view. I might have been in a community lot, or I may have only had the set off. Thanks for the photo with the options showing. My apologies for the confusion.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#56 Old 9th Jan 2009 at 4:05 PM
Default Updated to v1.01
2009-01-09: Updated to v1.01. Made IKEA clock fully usable. Elders can watch IKEA TV while lounging on the sofa.

File names were changed, and "IKEA TV Screen Fix" is now incorporated into the main package.
Remove these files from your Downloads folder, Bins or StuffPack\Objects folder.

LdDarcy_SP8IKEAObjectsFix_FT.package
zLdDarcy_SP8IKEAObjectsFix_ClockOnly.package
LdDarcy_SP8IKEATVScreenFix.package

Rewrote the installation guide to reflect the change.

This fix is only for pre-AL EPs. If you have either AL or M&G, use my Stuff Pack Objects Fix Collection for Apartment Life instead of this fix.

Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#57 Old 6th Aug 2009 at 6:24 AM
Marvelous!

Thank you.
Test Subject
#58 Old 20th Jan 2010 at 2:05 AM
My IKEA dressers/wardrobes don't do anything in my game, they just sit in the game with no clickable funtions. My Teen Style Stuff dressers/wardrobes do the same thing. Do you know of any fixes for these?
Instructor
#59 Old 27th Dec 2010 at 7:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by michiyo_asuka
My IKEA dressers/wardrobes don't do anything in my game, they just sit in the game with no clickable funtions. My Teen Style Stuff dressers/wardrobes do the same thing. Do you know of any fixes for these?

Same here, all I can do with my Ikea/TSS dressers is "dress for work." Would love a fix!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#60 Old 18th Jul 2014 at 6:02 PM
Thank you ! :)
Page 3 of 3