Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Functioning Toddler Playpen

by Echo Posted 26th Jun 2005 at 1:04 PM - Updated 30th May 2006 at 11:15 AM by Echo

259 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 252 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 11
Test Subject
#51 Old 27th Jun 2005 at 7:22 PM
niiice! thank you :D
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 27th Jun 2005 at 8:14 PM
Coolio!!!!
Test Subject
#53 Old 27th Jun 2005 at 10:05 PM
This is just awesome. I love it. I think I have managed to fine just about everything i could think off for my toddlers and this was one thing I really hoped someone would make. Thanks Echo!!! :D
Test Subject
#54 Old 28th Jun 2005 at 12:02 AM
Thank you this is really kewl!
Test Subject
#55 Old 28th Jun 2005 at 12:29 AM
I have been looking for one of these for a while, thanks so much!
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#56 Old 28th Jun 2005 at 3:26 AM
elise: Have you tried all the zoom levels? Sometimes on far out zooms the bars seem to disappear, because of the way TS2 deals with transparency. If that's not the case, email me with a picture and the specs of your machine and I'll see if I can figure out the problem.

Bexxie: Just the ones in the recolour pack at the moment. It's free for people to recolour though, so if you'd like a particular design you're welcome to have a go!. :D
Test Subject
#57 Old 28th Jun 2005 at 4:17 AM
Thank you!!! This is exactly what I need. I always lose the little folks when they're crawling around the house. Now they will stay put !!
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 28th Jun 2005 at 4:43 AM
Very Cool Keep up w/ the good work!
Test Subject
#59 Old 28th Jun 2005 at 5:04 AM
Oh, this is so terrific! I am SO glad to have those little toddler bundles-of-energy out of the toilet. Very nice, Echo.
Test Subject
#60 Old 28th Jun 2005 at 5:24 AM
Well, I though this was normal untill I took another look at the screenshot you provided, and yeah..

This is what it looks like in my game.
Screenshots
#61 Old 28th Jun 2005 at 7:29 AM
tehknicolorppanda it looks the same in my game
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#62 Old 28th Jun 2005 at 9:40 AM
TehknicolorPanda: That's a combination of how I meshed it and how TS2 renders transparent surfaces... But it looks a lot worse there than I've seen anywhere else. What sort of graphics support do you have? Are you running on "low detail" by any chance?
Test Subject
#63 Old 28th Jun 2005 at 11:19 PM
Default Thanks
OMG thank you sooooo much!!! i have been aitin for this thanks again!! keep up the great work!! u rock!

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]~PrettyNpink4253~[/COLOR]
Test Subject
#64 Old 29th Jun 2005 at 1:58 AM Last edited by TehknicolorPanda : 29th Jun 2005 at 2:01 AM.
I'm running everything on medium except for detail, which is on high. My graphics card is a Ati Radeon 9700/9500.

At first I thought it may be because I had reflections off, but I guess not, it looks the same with it on.

It doesn't bother me too much, I would like to see it the way it was meant to be seen, but it's fine like this. I think someone will come out with a new mesh for it soon anyway, I can wait. Thanks for this though, it's great. :]
Test Subject
#65 Old 29th Jun 2005 at 6:05 AM
Thanks Echo. Your creations are making my Sim Toddlers life better and better.
Test Subject
#66 Old 29th Jun 2005 at 9:01 PM
This is wonderful. Now my toddler will stay out of the toilet.
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 29th Jun 2005 at 10:37 PM
I can't thank you enough!! I have been wishing for this for a long time! XD
Test Subject
#68 Old 30th Jun 2005 at 4:19 AM
THANK YOU!!!!!~Did anyone ever tell u...naw...YES...UR definitely a GENIUS!!!!!! THANX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 30th Jun 2005 at 4:34 AM
WOW! This is sensational! Thank you so much.
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 30th Jun 2005 at 6:34 AM
thank you echo. :jig:
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 30th Jun 2005 at 9:19 AM
i didnt know you made this till i saw it on sims resource and than i search for your name, its so beautiful and thank you so much for making it :D
Field Researcher
#72 Old 30th Jun 2005 at 11:14 AM
I also have the no bars on the second recolor problem. I love it though!
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#73 Old 30th Jun 2005 at 11:17 AM
moonluck: The wooden one is more likely to have the recolour problem because the transparency is more significant in the colours.
#74 Old 30th Jun 2005 at 11:53 AM
I assume from these posts that the bars are just texture pasted on flat surface. But wouldn't it be better to model each individual bar? This way you can avoid such problems.

Just a suggestion though, and it can be a bitch (I know it is, mainly with texturing, I had this problem with my N-Logo).
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#75 Old 30th Jun 2005 at 12:56 PM
Gary: Absolutely yes, that would fix it. And depending on how you decided to model it, it could well be better. Unfortunately, I am a very poor mesher. Most of the time I just build my object with no mesh at all, then when it works I make some generic sort of mesh to make the object complete. I'm always on the lookout for people who want to collaborate on meshes, or who want to remesh objects with my code!

The reason I originally went for a single plane was because I was trying to create a wirey-mesh effect. Unfortunately, the problem that occurs with the current texture was even more significant with the thin lines in the mesh, so I made textures with bars instead. I didn't realize that lower graphics support meant increased transparency issues.
Page 3 of 11