Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

TESTERS WANTED: LED Moving Message Machine *animated*

by boblishman Posted 8th Oct 2005 at 2:20 PM - Updated 6th Jan 2018 at 1:59 PM by boblishman

79 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 73 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 4
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 8th Oct 2005 at 7:41 PM
Awsome idea! Here is a pic of my first attempt at making a new message. I would put it up but it needs some tweeking first :valentine

Forum Resident
#27 Old 8th Oct 2005 at 7:44 PM
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 8th Oct 2005 at 8:24 PM
Has anyone taken a look at this in SimPE?:gonemad:I wanted to make a new message but when i saw that file.......if someone else could take a look at it and if they figure out how to rework the text to change it, could they plese help me out? Nice work btw Boblishman. I donwload almost everything you make
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 8th Oct 2005 at 8:40 PM
Wow Bob! You always create the most awesome things! We really appreciate the hard effort that you put into your creations. I have so many shop ideas that this ticker would look great in. Thanks. Keep up the good work. ;-)

"Squeeze First. Ask Questions Last. That's How Most of These So-Called Gangstas Pass."
- The Notorious B.I.G. (1973-1997)
Test Subject
#30 Old 8th Oct 2005 at 9:20 PM
wooow nice object i like it!!!
Test Subject
#31 Old 8th Oct 2005 at 9:28 PM
Great object!
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 8th Oct 2005 at 10:05 PM
Excellent. Thank you for sharing your work. I appreciate that you are willing to share your wonderfull objects for nothing, most modders try to charge. Thank you so much for giving TheSims new items, it makes the game just that much more fun.

"The way to be safe is never to be secure." -Benjamin Franklin
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 8th Oct 2005 at 10:26 PM
Default Thanks!
Thanks BBL...will try it out and let you know.

sleighill
Manipulator of messy meshes
retired moderator
Original Poster
#34 Old 8th Oct 2005 at 10:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AP
Has anyone taken a look at this in SimPE?:gonemad:I wanted to make a new message but when i saw that file.......if someone else could take a look at it and if they figure out how to rework the text to change it, could they plese help me out? Nice work btw Boblishman. I donwload almost everything you make

don't be frightened by the texture file...it's not actually as complicated as it first looks....

Basically the texture is 512 pixels x 512 pixels, divided into 'cells'.
Each 'cell' is 256 pixels wide x 32 pixels high. ...arranged like this.....

1 2
3 4
5 6
7 8.
...etc
29 30
31 32

First you need to create an animated .gif file 128 pixels x 32 pixels with 32 frames (that's the animations that you can see in my first post).

You then take each frame from that animation and lay them on a new texture that is 512 pixels x 512 pixels ...making sure that the line up perfectly... as in the sequence shown above.

So you see.... it's not complicated....but it IS very time consuming....

I hope this helps.... good luck!
Test Subject
#35 Old 8th Oct 2005 at 11:00 PM
wow...you are really good...i really love this in my game..it looks so real..please keep making cool stuff like this...i beg of you...lol :salute:
Instructor
#36 Old 8th Oct 2005 at 11:10 PM
*Bows in his honor* Nice Work!!!

Sims 2 *Mo' addictive than a Peanut Butter and Crack Sandwich*
Inventor
#37 Old 9th Oct 2005 at 12:27 AM
Oh what a great idea, glad you thought of it and made it, because now I don't think my communities are complete without it. We are sooo fortunate here at MTS2 to have so many talented people sharing.. It's very appreciated.

*♥.¸Here we go again .♥*
Field Researcher
#38 Old 9th Oct 2005 at 2:35 AM
:valentine Bob, you know I love everything you make. I'm absolutley ecstatic with this object and the fact that it's animated. I can never get enough of the animated objects. I appreciate everything you make for us. :valentine

What you keep deep down inside,
You don't know what will be.
Looking for you in darkened corners,
Descend into madness with me.
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 9th Oct 2005 at 4:29 AM
Another masterpiece, Bob!

(\__/) Why are you reading this!?
(='.'=) Don't you have a family to ignore?
(")_(")
Space Pony
#40 Old 9th Oct 2005 at 8:36 AM Last edited by Cazkiwi : 9th Oct 2005 at 9:53 AM.
OMG *squeal*
This is soooo coool.. I'm off to make some of my own ones this instant!
I, too, LOVE you, lol!

*edit* Wow, these are only a little fiddly, but easy to do!!! Thank you so much Bobl! They look ultra cool in game - perfect for clubs! :D

If at first you DO succeed, try not to look so astonished!
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 9th Oct 2005 at 9:13 AM
omg i want one of these IRL soooo bad!

Wonderful!
Test Subject
#42 Old 9th Oct 2005 at 10:08 AM
Yay!! Thank you so much! Its just what we needed in the game! Cant wait to try it out!
Field Researcher
#43 Old 9th Oct 2005 at 3:47 PM
awesome!!thank you so much!!great job!!
Test Subject
#44 Old 9th Oct 2005 at 3:48 PM
please can you make one with GOGO GIRLS SHOW
Thanks a lot
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 9th Oct 2005 at 4:21 PM
Wow This is great (you never cease to amaze Boblishman), keep up the great work.
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 10th Oct 2005 at 12:49 PM
Wow !!!! That is wayy cool ... Thanks
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 10th Oct 2005 at 8:52 PM
Just the right touch of verisimilitude for my 7-11! Thank you!
Field Researcher
#48 Old 11th Oct 2005 at 12:09 PM
Great work...................thanks a million

CESTMOI
...................FANFAN

http://teamfriends.jexiste.fr/portal.php
Forum Resident
#49 Old 13th Oct 2005 at 4:43 AM
Great job. the animations are awesome

Now known as CMW15
Test Subject
#50 Old 13th Oct 2005 at 8:19 AM
AWESOME! Thanks a bunch. You have such talent and I hope you know how much your work is appreciated. Thanks boblish
Page 2 of 4