Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6851 Old 19th Aug 2021 at 12:12 AM
In the Durnt house, a baby was born and then the cat that ran away was returned.

Baby is quite cute:

Grandchild of the sim in this portrait, Wade, who died recently.

The cat ran away shortly after Wade died, but had a collar and was reported missing, so someone found him!

The family was very pleased to have him back!

I always give my townie sims silly names, and I forgot about this one!

Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#6852 Old 19th Aug 2021 at 1:15 AM
In my medieval hood, Arundel, I'm trying to get everyone matched up and paired off. I've been successful with all ten of the women, but there are two men who do not have wives to be because two of the women decided to fall in love with townies.

I suppose I will have to import some townie women for the two men who are left behind.I feel quite sorry for them, as they really don't deserve their snubbing by the women. William Potter and Daniel Klein were the unlucky ones, and they still carry torches for their ex-girlfriends.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#6853 Old 19th Aug 2021 at 3:26 AM
You're overlooking a really obvious solution, there...

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Instructor
#6854 Old 19th Aug 2021 at 4:14 AM
Finally got to Cyd Roseland in my Pleasantview reboot tonight. I've got empty subhoods for everything except the pets one because I just can't bring myself to chuck all those pets into the void, which means I get stuck with Cyd & Porthos too

He had a want to have two pet best friends, so he adopted Cymoril from the phone. They're not best friends yet but I didn't finish the round so they probably will be when I play tomorrow.

He also had a want to meet someone new. I considered sending him to "Everyone's Palace", which despite the inclusive name is actually off limits to straight sims because it's how I figure out which townies are gay or bi. Cyd Roseland always seems to get randomized as bi in my game. However at that very moment Abhijeet Deppiesse was walking by so I had Cyd go greet him and check him out. Cyd could not have made it more obvious he was NOT into Abhijeet, and they have no bolts so I don't know if Abhijeet even swings that way or not. He has negative chemistry with Joe Carr. Last time I paired him up with Erik Swain, who did happen to randomize as gay again this time so hopefully their paths will cross this time as well.

I then placed Pepe's Pets because I wanted Cyd to go get collars for the dogs. But then it was dinner time in real life and I took a break to watch tv. I turned the game off for the night but I'm not quite tired yet as why I'm poking around mts.
I've got 3.5 more days with Cyd, and I know he wants a job in oceanography, so that's the main goal for his round is hoping that pops up in the newspaper or computer.
Mad Poster
#6855 Old 19th Aug 2021 at 8:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin

Now, now-I'm not going into polyandry for the game's sake. It would lead to messes and I can't stand messes-but I could ship the men off to townieland and they can go find their own lasses. It's far too early to start a monastery as well.
But I do have the 'sacred waters' that summon up the most appropriate matches from those available. That's how one of the ladies met her husband to be-she was quite in despair over the lack of attractive men, so she summoned him up and they fell in love immediately. That's why there's a shortage of available women now.

Those darn foreigners!

Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
Forum Resident
#6856 Old 19th Aug 2021 at 11:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin

Passionate love between medieval soldiers ... it sounds suggestive.
Mad Poster
#6857 Old 19th Aug 2021 at 11:28 AM
Quote:
Passionate love between medieval soldiers ... it sounds suggestive.

Ah, yes, it does sound suggestive, but I have enough drama in the hood as it is, because there are some couples who are actively cheating on one another before the wedding, and it's getting a bit nail biting to see if the cuckold will show up to visit while this is going on. So far, it's been ok, but god help them when they get married and keep carrying on.

Scholar
#6858 Old 19th Aug 2021 at 2:51 PM
Johnny, Ophelia and Tank all passed their Freshman year at LGU with flying colours.

Their LTWs (Law Enforcement and Politics, respectively) make Ophelia and Tank eligible for transfer to Quadington. However, Ophelia found a cute little cottage to rent on the LGU campus and has decided to stay there with Johnny, who is not eligible to transfer - I think she feels she's seen her fair share of creepiness already, growing up in her aunt's thoroughly haunted home.

Tank, meanwhile, feels that his upbringing was very narrow, and has decided to major in Drama in an attempt to better understand weird things like emotions and civilian values. Quadington doesn't offer Drama, so he's also staying at LGU, in the little blue bungalow beside the Printer Sisters. He never really talked to anyone but Johnny and Ophelia in the dorms, but he'd only been in the bungalow a couple of hours when Esther Corsillo came by to see him. She's an alien, so Buzz will have a thousand fits, but she might be just what Tank needs (she might also be part of the reason Ophelia decided to stay at LGU - Esther and Johnny get on very well).
Lab Assistant
#6859 Old 19th Aug 2021 at 7:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
Ah, yes, it does sound suggestive, but I have enough drama in the hood as it is, because there are some couples who are actively cheating on one another before the wedding, and it's getting a bit nail biting to see if the cuckold will show up to visit while this is going on. So far, it's been ok, but god help them when they get married and keep carrying on.

And here I thought the obvious part was the monastery..
Instructor
#6860 Old 21st Aug 2021 at 4:11 AM
I left Cyd Roseland alone for a maximum of 1 second to update his age in my spreadsheet and while I wasn't watching him he burned his tv dinner. Guess you can't leave sims alone, ever.
Forum Resident
#6861 Old 21st Aug 2021 at 11:44 AM
Quote:
but I have enough drama in the hood as it is

There is no such thing as too much drama. It's the sims, if your neighbourhood is not a dumpster fire visible from space, are you even playing it correctly?
Scholar
#6862 Old 21st Aug 2021 at 2:05 PM
Buck Grunt grew up to teen, so Ripp was finally able to head off to LGU. He had no scholarships, but his dad gave him just shy of $1800. Ripp's cunning plan is to work hard in his first semester (in between making at least the passing acquaintance of every girl in his dorm), so he can get enough grant money to rent his own place where he can invite the girls over individually. LGU is a place to have fun, and Ripp intends to have all the fun he can before he graduates - after which he will focus on lighting up the world with his visionary art.
Instructor
#6863 Old 21st Aug 2021 at 7:24 PM Last edited by CASnarl : 21st Aug 2021 at 7:44 PM.
That darn uni walk. House on fire? Should maybe run to the phone? Or at least walk at a normal speed? Nah.

Anyways I'm playing the Bright household in uni and Martin can't cook. I don't know why I was surprised by that. Jane and Allegra are at their classes. When Jane gets home I'm gonna send her out on the town to meet women as she randomized gay this time around. Martin and Allegra keep rolling wants for dean's list and to pass freshman year however they won't roll a want to gain a skill to get the skills they need. They did, but now they just want to reach level 2 - not gain a NEW skill and since I only do what they roll wants for they're a bit out of luck until they want NEW skills. Martin needs cooking. Too bad I had him do creativity first or maybe he'd not have started a fire with his tv dinner. I might let Allegra get with Castor she rolls any non-knowledge wants. He was gay last time so she couldn't but maybe this time since they have 2 bolts. She's got one bolt with Martin. But he's also rolling strictly knowledge wants at the moment. So dunno yet.

EDIT: So Martin kept not making it to the phone because he was walking so slow and kept stopping to go freak out about the fire. So naturally, it spread. And destroyed the stove. Thankfully, Allegra got home and I could make her get to the phone because it's right next to the door. But now they can't afford a new stove. Great job Martin!

EDIT 2: It's not just the stove...

Mad Poster
#6864 Old 21st Aug 2021 at 11:28 PM Last edited by FranH : 23rd Aug 2021 at 4:52 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by sugoisama
There is no such thing as too much drama. It's the sims, if your neighbourhood is not a dumpster fire visible from space, are you even playing it correctly?

Oh, I'm playing it correctly and I didn't even have to do much-after I posted my first scene, what happened when all hell broke loose:

Evelyn Jordan, engaged to Bobby Carroll, was bored and had her neighbor,Edwin Tyler over for some sex, not Bobby. According to ACR that was her main heart throb. They had a great time.

Cut to Bobby Carroll's house later, when he invited Evelyn over for some sex and afterward, Edwin stopped by to visit, then started making out with Evelyn in Bobby's presence.

That was fun. Bobby's furious at both of them, Evelyn wants to get engaged to Edwin and Edwin wants to go to bed with all the women in town, even though he's engaged to another woman, Esther Williamson, who is unaware of his proclivities.

After some careful thought, I put Edwin's secondary aspiration as Romance (and he's a knowledge pixel!) because it's pretty obvious he's gonna be a troublemaker.

Edit: Speaking of troublemakers, I now have the female equivalent of Edwin in Beatrice Dyer, who likes to have men over to have sex with and still have a fiance, although he's (Oscar Bond) become aware of her promiscuity and their relationship is going nowhere fast.

She has a lifetime ambition to be Queen, and I'm of the mind that she's going to end up spouseless, but with plenty of lovers and perhaps some children along the way. After all, if she's Queen she can do anything she likes especially if she rules alone.

And in case you're wondering, Edwin and she are not very well acquainted, but I can see that changing in the near future. I just wonder if they'd make a good couple, as they're both rather lax on their fidelity to others. Hmmm..worth investigating, for sure.

Scholar
#6865 Old 23rd Aug 2021 at 5:39 PM
Setting up a new town called Sedona, rather uncreatively, since that is the terrain I used--it's known for its artsy vibe and unusual rock formations. I'm using the bin families and La Fiesta Tech students, and well, Peter Ottomas spontaneously combusted. There had been a kitchen fire earlier in the day, but it seemed to be out. Still, he walked out to get the mail and went up in flames.

Samantha wisely sold the house and moved into a condo. She already wants to get remarried.
Field Researcher
#6866 Old 23rd Aug 2021 at 5:53 PM
Marcus Broke cheated on his boyfriend Max Carter with Marcus's much older brother's wife, breaking up their entire family. He was only caught because of the date flowers. Considering Marcus dropped out of high school and hasn't worked a day in his life, you'd think he would be watching his daughter while Max works, but he's not.

Max is no prize himself. He's cheating on Marcus with his twin brother Lucas without the other's knowledge and has his eye on Daisy Richmond who wants nothing to do with him.

All's fair in love, war, and video games! ~LyokoGirl5000
Mad Poster
#6867 Old 23rd Aug 2021 at 6:55 PM
Snippet of some recent Plot of Land events.

Dudley Landgraab recently hosted one of his infamous hot tub parties that he usually hosts every Saturday. Before the party began he had two things on his mind. One being what type of music would get Sims dancing and drinking. The second thing being who is this mysterious red head in black that seemed to show up to the party early. Being the partygoer Dudley is, Dudley invited this Sim into his home for the party. Naturally being a Landgraab the first thing Dudley did was tell a joke about money, which the other Sim found funny. Dudley knew right then and there that this Sim is going to be great at his parties. As the night went on though somehow this mysterious Sim and Dudley became enemies.

My guess? The other Sim stole Dudley's spotlight and Dudley was jealous.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Forum Resident
#6868 Old 24th Aug 2021 at 8:35 PM
After being on the radar of authorities and social services, Loki and Circe Beaker were invited to move to Downtown by Loki's best friend and corrupt law enforcer Savanna Larsen. Savanna and Circe unfortunately turned out to despise each other, though.
Savanna wanted to go on a date, and asked a bartender named Britta out to hang out in the park, sing karaoke and play poker with Ophelia Nigmos, a vampire and Muffin Neighbour, who I realized is Savanna's ex-girlfriend from back when they were teens. The date went well, Savanna and Britta have no bolts but it might be for the better in terms of Savanna. The people she does have chemistry with are all too similar to her, i.e grouchy and stubborn, so they just end up getting on each other nerves and loatihng each other (case in point: Circe Beaker).
The situation with her and Circe eventually became way too grating, admittedly mostly because of Savanna though Circe instigated a fair amount herself, so eventually Savanna moved to a new house on her own, in main Strangetown.

Tank Grunt had his first ever make-out session with a lady named Silver Ståhl, who had longed to make out with him since their first date. He also got chance card-promoted two times in as many days and is now an interpretative dancer.

Strummer Neighbour and the Picaso's moved in with General Buzz and Buck Grunt - the Picaso's because of their career and to be trained by the newly retired Buzz, and Strummer since she works in the intelligence career and as such shouldn't live alone in light of the mysterious, premature deaths of her late colleague Lovemore Logren and mother's cousin Storm Neighbour. Shy and extroverted Strummer decided to wake Buck up in order to tickle him, which he was oddly fine with, and they seem to be getting along well.

Wanda and Stephen Tinker got to meet their two grandchildren, Macchiato and Temperance Neighbour. They also worked on their wish to have ten children of their own. They adopted two children, Jenny and Melissa, who quickly became friends with their previous children, twins Melanie and Stellan, and worked on getting Wanda pregnant one last time before they turn elder soon, at which point they'll adopt three more children once the house is a bit less full. The pregnancy resulted in another twin couple, two boys who were named Andreas and Antoni.

I am Error.
Scholar
#6869 Old 24th Aug 2021 at 10:25 PM
In Sedona, all the original Sims are reaching their later middle-age years and have shipped almost all their kids off to college. I'm playing university this time using some new mods, which make it more playable, but now they only have finals once a year. Combined with bigger bills, this makes paying for college a bit of a scramble each time, but I find that more realistic as the parents must figure out how to raise their kids' tuition if they don't get enough in grants, or the kids face expulsion. Makes it more challenging, especially as I'm also making them carry mortgages, so the money is not accumulating.

A few of the kids have graduated (or flunked out) and are starting to form the next generation of families. Dwight, the oldest of Frances J. and Sarah (Love) Worthington's three boys, moved back home with his parents to marry his college sweetheart, Dawna Terrano, the love child of Stella Terrano and Matthew Hart. She got pregnant right away. The Worthingtons have a lot of money issues, though. They had to move to a bigger house to accommodate a bigger family, which meant more debt, and then that house burned down in a fire, so they moved to another house and took on even more debt. Then Sarah got sick and had to go into the hospital. They are just scraping by right now, but maybe with a couple more salaries, they can turn things around.

Dwight's high school sweetheart was Sophie Miguel (the townie), and she also went to college with him. She never got over Dwight and had an ill-advised one-night stand with him after they graduated, which got her pregnant. (I don't know why so many girls have the hots for Dwight--he has a face just like Frances's, kind of that hound-dog look, and a pot belly. Only the middle child, Ned, resembles Sarah.) Sophie's best friend, Tina Traveller, suggested they get a house together, and she would help raise the baby. Well, Tina did have a bit of a crush on Sophie, and their living together inevitably led to romance and engagement wants.
Mad Poster
#6870 Old 25th Aug 2021 at 11:30 AM
Well, it looks like one relationship might survive disaster after all-Oscar Bond and his sort of fiancee Beatrice Dyer have made up. They did so via the bed, but Oscar's not quite there yet in forgiving her for the transgression in having an affair with Brian Lawrence. They're still engaged, (barely) and Oscar still wants to marry her, but it's going to take a lot of effort to get things back to where they were.

However, he has forgiven Brian for it-because they work together, he can't continue to be hateful to him, so they did make up.

That doesn't mean he's going to trust either one of them very much, though. Once bitten, twice shy, as the old saying goes.

Forum Resident
#6871 Old 25th Aug 2021 at 6:05 PM
Well... Matthew Hart died, leaving Sarah a widowed single mother with two kids. The eldest, Shawn, transitioned to a teenager just before his father passed, and the youngest, a little girl called Kim, is only a toddler. They look a lot like their Dad.

I can't help but laugh, because I've just unintentionally made another Broke Family, with the only difference being that Sarah actually works, Shawn excels in school, and the family isn't broke. Heck, the Hart family even live in a trailer!

Matthew died of illness, if you're curious. I took my eyes off him for one second, while I went to make sure the children were doing okay. Sarah begged for him, but failed.

On a light-hearted note, Lazlo died of old age... in Platinum Mood! Despite life throwing a lot of obstacles his way, he was still able to reach the top of the Law Career and even make amends with his niece, Venus, before he passed away. Even though he had a hard life, he ended it happy.

While I'm on the topic of death, I finally got a graveyard sorted out, for both Pleasantview and Strangetown. So, sims can mourn their relatives now!

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Scholar
#6872 Old 26th Aug 2021 at 2:01 PM
Two new households in Sedona.

Wilhelmina Hart, daughter of Matthew and Monica Bratford Hart, met the dreamiest boy in high school when he was the cashier at the local cafe: George McCarthy. They went to college together and fell in love. After she got expelled--her parents said they would not send her any more tuition money if she got put on academic probation one more time--she and George got married. Truthfully, it was a shotgun wedding. Devastatingly handsome, highly skilled, and having landed the unbelievable job of Professional Party Guest right out of college, George is quite the catch.

Matthew and Monica are divorced now, by the way. Matthew left Stella to marry Monica way back when, but he kept close ties with Wilhelmina's older half-sister, Dawna. He divorced Monica after his coworker Samantha Ottomas kissed him in front of her. Monica is now living with Guy Wrightley--she had been having a long-running affair with him before the divorce--and Matthew married the widowed Samantha.

The other new household is Komei Tellerman and Marylena Hamilton, now married. They fell in love in the background on community lots, so I decided to give them a chance at a family. They have a baby daughter, Hazel. They are a sweet couple, despite Komei's reputation around town for being exceptionally grouchy.
Scholar
#6873 Old 26th Aug 2021 at 10:37 PM
Nervous Subject has a job as a conspiracy theorist (Paranormal career track). He goes by Nevyn Muenda-Reaper these days, which he feels gives greater weight to his theories, and he wears a suit - though he still has a Mohican, to show how young and hip he is. He has decided, of his own volition, to sleep upstairs in a proper bedroom instead of hiding in the basement, and he can't decide whether he wants to flirt with Lola Curious or fight with her. Pascal, of course, would prefer that he did neither . . .
Mad Poster
#6874 Old 26th Aug 2021 at 11:13 PM
Vicente Cortez died, leaving behind a wife and child. It was a bit unexpected that he would die of heatstroke, but I guess that's what happens when you spend all day barbequing hot dogs in the summer sun. Vicente was a Sim that loved to cook. He had maxed out hobby enthusiasm and skill in cooking/cuisine. It is sad that little Marina will grow up without a father, but I will say it makes for an interesting story!

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Scholar
#6875 Old 27th Aug 2021 at 4:02 PM
Most of my Sims live in communal housing, but two new families have bought homes now, making for a total of six single-family homes in the neighborhood at present.

I expect that Trent Traveller did not expect to become a father again at his age; he is old enough to be a grandfather, after all. He raised two children with his first wife, Trisha, but he really didn't pay Trisha enough attention, and she started having an affair with his best friend, Amin Sims. She thought that he wouldn't notice her fooling around when he was outside stargazing all night, and she may have been right if he hadn't gotten hungry and come in to find Trisha making out with Amin on the sofa. They divorced, and Trisha and Amin got married. Trent had no plans to remarry when he started seeing Nita Davis, daughter of Aldric and Blossom Moonbeam Davis--she's younger than his daughter, and their fling was just supposed to be for fun. But Nita got pregnant, and since she's a Sim who values family, that meant marriage and mortgage. Their baby daughter is named Tiffany.

Another Sim who just wanted to have fun was Sharla Ottomas. Out of college, she quickly hit her target of woohooing five different Sims and was ready to go for ten. But with that much woohoo, birth control is bound to fail sooner or later, and it did with Reinaldo Davis, Nita's younger brother. Reinaldo adores Sharla, and even though she didn't want to get married, he wanted to help raise their child, so they also got a house together. Their baby daughter is named Ada.
Page 275 of 351