Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Feb 2011 at 4:58 PM
Default Ayumi Hamasaki
I made another try on Ayumi Hamasaki, the japanese Pop Star. What do you think, how can I improve her?

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)
This is Bunny.
Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 3rd Feb 2011 at 8:23 PM
tilt inner corners of eyes upwards a click or two
more pointy chin
eyes click narrower
new skin tone (enyala?)
http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=40418
less chubby underchin bit (her jaw doesn't look sharp enough)
she looks pretty good

A good friend of mine once said "Pythagorain Circles, that's just what life is.", when you think about this it doesn't make sense...well neither does life.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Feb 2011 at 5:03 PM
Thanks for your post. Is that better now? I didn't change the skin because I already edited this one to have her tattoos on it.

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)
This is Bunny.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 4th Feb 2011 at 8:52 PM
It's kind of hard to see the features clearly. Could you move her face more to the light in bodyshop?

My derring-do allows me to dance the rigadoon around you. But by the time I'm close to you, I lose my desideratum.
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#5 Old 4th Feb 2011 at 9:43 PM
I think the bridge of your sim's nose is too wide between the eyes. Your sim has a narrower nose at about mid-length which needs to be moved up higher.

Your original (model) has a gentle triangle nose shape with the narrowest point up between the eyes.

Your sims's nose is kind of a scoop shape/ hourglass shape with the narrowest part about half way between the eyes and tip.

Also your sims jaw edges across the mouth line is a little too narrow.
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 7th Feb 2011 at 4:07 PM
Thank you all for your help ^^ I edited the nose, is that better now?

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)
This is Bunny.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 16th Apr 2011 at 11:04 PM
I am still alive xD
I made some changes on the sim, but I'm still not happy with it. Especially the nose still seems wrong, but I can't figure out how I can make it better *is slowly going crazy*

[img][/img]
Screenshots

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)
This is Bunny.
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#8 Old 17th Apr 2011 at 7:10 AM
Hi! Good to see you are keeping at it. Perfection is just around the corner. Ok. I captured your images and made some comments. I hope they make sense. :0)

Front view:
1: smooth out the 'pointy' parts of the eyes.
2: the bridge of your sims nose is too high - it should be lower down the face and closer to her face. Look at the profile view (1) to see what I'm referring to.
3: Your model has a delicate nose. it is narrow at the bridge (2) - where it starts to move away from her face and has a vey slight upturn on the end. It is narrow along the top part of the nose but is wider at the nostrils end (3) close to her face but the tip is narrow. Your sims nose is too choppy at teh end.
4: the face shape isn't quite right. YOur model has a wider face and squarer jaw line than your sim. Your models chine is rounded and your sim's is more angular.
5: the upper lip is not right. Use the tool to move your sims upper lip outwards. It is too flat against the face (see image 2 profile.) Your sims mouth should protrude more. Also the sims upper lip is too curvy and the middle part is too defined. Smooth out the points and cures a little.

Profile:
3: Your sims jawline is not defined enough - not squared enough?
4: the chin on your sim does not come out far enough.

A trick you can use, is to place a 50% transparent layer of your model's image over your sim's image so you can see where you need to make changes.
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 17th Apr 2011 at 11:18 AM
Thank you so much for your help. Want a cookie? xD
I tried to make the changes you mentioned, but I am still hating that nose -.- I focused more on the profile this time, I have to take another look on the nose She has smaller eyes now, they are more up together with the eyebrows. I also made her lips smaller. I can see what you told about the shape of her upper lip from the pic I gave you, but compared with other pics, I think I got the lips right. I added more comparison pictures for you ^^ I think it's just a different makeup in the pics... I am still not satisfied lol
Screenshots

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)
This is Bunny.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 22nd Apr 2011 at 6:24 AM
I agree with the nose- it is too angular...the first nose in body shop might work with some adjustments and a nosemask(http://www.sironasims.com/category/bodyshop/make-up)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 22nd Apr 2011 at 8:20 AM
Thanks, I think I am coming closer to it xD
Edited the nose and the shape of the whole head a bit (making it a bit wider), am I the only one who thinks the nose mask is slope? I made it myself and never did that before ^^'
Screenshots

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)
This is Bunny.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 22nd Apr 2011 at 5:50 PM
Sorry about the nosemask...I'tried to do one too...tricky. This is a great pic to do the transparency trick with that porkypine suggested. For example if you put the full sim face over the model I'm sure you'll see the differences in the nose. The base of the nose looks alot better but see with the transparency if middle needs to be widened to give it the inverted V shape. Is that what you meant by slope? Maybe turn her lips up at the corners too? You're doing great!
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#13 Old 22nd Apr 2011 at 11:39 PM Last edited by porkypine : 23rd Apr 2011 at 12:00 AM.
You are making a lot of progress. Ignore the make up for now and study the shapes. :0)

What I did was take your Ayumi original and made a 50% transparency layer of your sim and place that on top. You can do that and move the opacity slider back and forth to see where the differences are.

The Sims left eye is too angular.

Your Sims has a bright spot too high and wide on the end of the nose. Bring that down to the tip of the nose and make the highlight line narrower and more defined.

The original Ayumi has a triangular shape nose - It is triangular from the bridge to the nostrils close to the face but the part of the nose that sticks out is narrow all the way to the tip. Your sim still has that hourglass shaped nose and it is too 'fat' at the tip.

Also Ayumi's upper lip edge is higher and straighter across her face. The lower lip edges rise up to meet the upper lip edges, making a smile.

On the profile., the plane of the face isn't quite right. Ayumi's face is broader but relatively the same depth across the face whereas your sim's face is narrower and slopes away from the nose. also the eyesockets are a little too deep and the cheek bones under your sim's eyes juts out a little too far.

Anyway. I overlaid the images and made a bunch of lines. I hope they help and you are doing really well. I know how difficult it is to make lifelike sims.
Screenshots
Locked thread | Locked by: Yogi-Tea Reason: do not delete - contains useful info & pictures for sim makers