Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#126 Old 24th Jul 2007 at 12:03 AM
Thank you so much, I have made some walls and floors for my very first time. I'm very happy for that.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#127 Old 8th Aug 2007 at 8:40 AM
Default thanks!
thanks so much for this tutorial! unlike many others i have tried, i didn't find one single thing that was confusing. i'm not sure if you have any other tutorials but if you do (especially ones for meshes) i will definitely try them 1st. thanks again, this really is a great tutorial!
Test Subject
#128 Old 10th Aug 2007 at 12:42 AM
These are more paint.NET questions, but I can't find anything on the paint.NET website. First, how do I make my projects show up in different windows, so that I can match and compare the colors for the wall/border? Second, how do I set the brush settings so they match what is in the tutorial? I have v. 3.08, just downloaded yesterday. If this is the wrong place for this question, can you let me know where I should be looking? As has been said before, awesome tutorial - these were the only points of confusion for me. Thank you so much!
Test Subject
#129 Old 10th Aug 2007 at 5:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by enaid
These are more paint.NET questions, but I can't find anything on the paint.NET website. First, how do I make my projects show up in different windows, so that I can match and compare the colors for the wall/border? Second, how do I set the brush settings so they match what is in the tutorial? I have v. 3.08, just downloaded yesterday. If this is the wrong place for this question, can you let me know where I should be looking? As has been said before, awesome tutorial - these were the only points of confusion for me. Thank you so much!

I have the same problem. I couldn't open Paint.net in two windows at the same time. Therefore, I was unable to easily match my wall and floor colours. Also, I think the eraser is different in v. 3.08 because my tool bar didn't look the same as the tutorial. I just couldn't get the eraser to work as described in the tutorial so the moss colour doesn't show through.

Can anyone help? ps. excellent tutorial. Many thanks.
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#130 Old 10th Aug 2007 at 8:48 PM
I don't know enough about paint.net right now, but it does use layers

When I need to match something in photoshop, I don't use 2 windows. I actually grab a sample - big enough so I get enough of the color, but not enough to hide what I'm trying to match - and cut and paste it into the same window (on a new layer) as the thing I'm trying to match. Then I do my thing with the rest of the graphic... and when I'm done I delete the sample (or hide that layer)

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Test Subject
#131 Old 11th Aug 2007 at 6:55 PM
Default paint.NET
tiggerypum, that helps, i didn't even think of trying that. thanks!
Test Subject
#132 Old 11th Aug 2007 at 7:42 PM
I have a bit of a problem. I use Paint Shop Pro 7 and I do everything it says in the tutorial. Ive been told that both PSP and Photoshop are almost the same so I followed the Photoshop tutorial part. My problem comes when I transfer the save .bmp file to HCP (Home Crafter Plus) when I run the program and I get to the part where I make the wall it looks like too much light is hitting it and makes it look really bad. I went back to the tutorial and tried doing the Effect-Sharpen thing that says in the other part of the tutorial, just in case PSP is different there but it does nothing. (Yes I copied and pasted the new ones to HCP)

Can anyone tell me how to fix it? So it isnt too bright?
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#133 Old 12th Aug 2007 at 11:17 AM
Kiraditz -
I'm not sure what the difference in with psp or anything like that, but this is the first thing I'd try: try simply darkening your graphic. The game has lighting in it, which shines on everything. White should be light gray - black should actually be dark gray (pure black tends to make a dark flat black-hole sort of appearance in game).

If you look, you can see HP's graphics and how it looks in game are slightly different. Seasons if you have that, adds even more variation to the game lighting.

Sharpen is only going to change how crisp the edges in the graphic appear.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Test Subject
#134 Old 13th Aug 2007 at 4:29 AM Last edited by Kiraditz : 13th Aug 2007 at 4:41 AM.
Thank You. I tried HomeCrafter Plus once I think I only had the base, no expansions or stuff packs, and it didnt look so bright, maybe its what you said every expansion adds more brightness.

Here is a picture of the work when in HCP and one in the game after defragmenting my computer. Before I defragmented my computer the ingame picture looked like the one in the HCP, but Im still worried about how it looks there. If any wall gives me problems I'll try changing the brightness, I didnt thought of that one

Well thank you for the help.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#135 Old 17th Aug 2007 at 7:30 PM
awesome but i want to use paint the way i do with my clothes can you do that? ps:i havent uploaded the clothes because they suck.

i love kingdom hearts!
And Riku says:the dark side does not have cookies!!!So stay on the light side theres loads of 'em!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#136 Old 17th Aug 2007 at 7:44 PM
kingdomheartsgirl111 - Err, read... the first part of the first post? It explains what you can and can't use and has links to programs and info and stuff - and mentions Paint too.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#137 Old 22nd Aug 2007 at 1:29 AM Last edited by lowcamifo : 22nd Aug 2007 at 1:43 AM.
Is there something that I am missing I am unable to open more than 1 instance of paint.net

Ok after doing some reading about paint.net I found out that the version 3 that I downloaded does allow you to have more than one thing open in the program at once.
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#138 Old 22nd Aug 2007 at 6:23 AM
lowcamifo - message #130 has a work around

Test Subject
#139 Old 26th Aug 2007 at 11:06 AM
amd what happens if you don't have a projects folder? please reply?
retired moderator
Original Poster
#140 Old 26th Aug 2007 at 11:35 AM
Homecrafter will create a Projects folder when you go to create a new project if you don't already have one.

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Test Subject
#141 Old 3rd Sep 2007 at 12:29 AM
I'm having a problem....I have the floors in-game, and I got happier a little inside when I finally found them free after months of searching. I died a little on the inside when I found that they're not working properly (((( They show up, but when I put them on my floor, they show up black *Cries* Can anyone help me?????
retired moderator
Original Poster
#142 Old 3rd Sep 2007 at 10:21 AM
Simpenguinz, this tutorial is about -making- walls and floors. If you're having trouble with something in your game, try the Game Help section.

Test Subject
#143 Old 4th Sep 2007 at 10:47 AM
Default hellup
i have a big big problem when i look under images i can't see image size
so i can't change the sise of my image who can help!!!!
Test Subject
#144 Old 11th Sep 2007 at 3:28 AM
Thank you for this. I am a very artistic person tha never thought I could do anything like this. I am so happy. Thanks again.
Test Subject
#145 Old 13th Sep 2007 at 10:06 AM
I couldn't find a 49.1MB download on there.
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#146 Old 14th Sep 2007 at 8:53 PM
Fall_Out - make sure you are installing Framework, whichever way in which it currently presented on Paint.Net's site. There's 2 parts - the paint.net application, and the system used to run it, framework.

Lab Assistant
#147 Old 16th Sep 2007 at 12:23 PM
Thanks i don't have paint.net or photoshop but i figured it out.
Test Subject
#148 Old 16th Sep 2007 at 9:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
Simpenguinz, this tutorial is about -making- walls and floors. If you're having trouble with something in your game, try the Game Help section.
Oh, Ok thank you. I found the problem, though. The Reflection was off in the Game Preformance Section I feel really dumb....

:)
Test Subject
#149 Old 20th Sep 2007 at 7:49 AM
Thanks for writing such an easy-to-follow tut. *eyes HomeCrafter manically*
Test Subject
#150 Old 27th Sep 2007 at 12:49 AM
Thanks for a great tutorial! Very easy to understand and follow. I was even able to follow using a different graphics program which was great and made a great set!!!
Page 6 of 16