Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Million Dollar Mansion - one of a kind

by losonogo Posted 24th Apr 2006 at 3:38 PM - Updated 29th Nov 2006 at 12:58 PM by losonogo

152 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 149 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 7
Test Subject
#101 Old 1st May 2006 at 12:04 AM
yes please, please, please upload the less expensive and less laggy lot bc i LOVE the house but i dont want to make my game as slow as molassis
Test Subject
#102 Old 4th May 2006 at 3:51 AM
Ahhh, it's not showing up in my sims bin either. /:' I'm getting all worked up.. it's such a purty house and I can't see it in game yet!! ;_;

I hope eventually I can figure out what I've been doing wrong, but it seems like alot of people have been having trouble. A less-laggy version of it would be awesome though, since my computer is a pile of whistling clicking ticking crap.

It takes two to tango, but you only need one to disco.
#103 Old 5th May 2006 at 10:06 PM
It's not showing up in mine either.... fix it please! I want it! LoL
Test Subject
#104 Old 9th May 2006 at 11:07 PM
Doesn't show up after installation for me neither.
Test Subject
#105 Old 11th May 2006 at 11:10 PM
you got three requests to fix. i realy want it i think my one sim would have a lot of fun in that house.
Test Subject
#106 Old 13th May 2006 at 11:24 AM
L.S.
As seen in the messages above a lot of people are having trouble to get the mansion in the game, the same problem for me. But there is a way to fix. Once you double-clicked the ''Sims2Pack'' 59 files will be copied to ...\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Teleport. They will be removed when you start the game. In this Teleport you should rename all *.sims2tmp extensions to *.package. Then move the largest file (about 5,3 MB) to ...\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\LotCatalog and rename it like the rest of the files in that folder (like cx_00000025 if you have got cx_00000001-cx_00000024 already in that folder). Finaly move all other files to your downloadfolder (...\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads). Then start the game.
Test Subject
#107 Old 13th May 2006 at 5:36 PM
For some reason the lot isnt showing up in my lots bin
Lab Assistant
#108 Old 9th Jun 2006 at 4:23 PM
It does'nt show up in anyones bin by the look of things.......this should have been tested before hand......it doesmnt show up in mines either.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity.- (Albert Einstein) " Simillion Homes 2 & Simillion Homes & Simmillion Hair InSimenator
Test Subject
#109 Old 9th Jun 2006 at 6:21 PM
Spectacular. Havent installed it yet. Just would like to know, does this have a garage with it?
Thanks.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#110 Old 10th Jun 2006 at 10:09 AM
no it dosent, however there is plenty of room for one

I read all the comments you leave, even if they are made a year later, thank you all:)

Any lot building requests are considered, just pm me:)
Forum Resident
#111 Old 10th Jun 2006 at 11:11 PM
Hi I would love to try the new version of this amazing home as I was not able to play this one in my game because, it doesn't show in my bin either.

Thank you for sharing,
Makai

Live Well
Laugh Often
Love Much

"If you don't live for something...You'll die for nothing.."
Test Subject
#112 Old 11th Jun 2006 at 6:55 PM
It's really nice. But since I downloaded this, it messed up my downloads folder. My Sims 2 Pack Clean Installer went bonkers on me because of this house...

Edit: This also doesn't show up in my bin.

The Sims 2 pwns all! If you don't own it, there's nothing to the world. Oh, and, SIMS 2 OWNS!<3
Test Subject
#113 Old 11th Jun 2006 at 7:29 PM
This looks awesome, but it isnt showing up in my lot bin eitheir and no i dont think you should make a cheaper version as i think because it costs exactly 1million thats why its so unique, gr8 job
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#114 Old 12th Jun 2006 at 11:37 AM
I think the problem is with this lot is the house got so big and the changes were huge it probably corrupted the file. It has been bugging me for ages and is the only thing that makes sence. As for the cheaper version, it was a altered from the original house file so is probably has the same problem so by the looks of it the house was good in concept, but to big for the game to handle!

I read all the comments you leave, even if they are made a year later, thank you all:)

Field Researcher
#115 Old 19th Jun 2006 at 10:19 PM
WOW speechless great job
Test Subject
#116 Old 20th Jun 2006 at 10:36 AM
Mmmmm... Lovely house... But I have only TS2.
Maybe are you going to make this house but basic version of this game?
Field Researcher
#117 Old 20th Jun 2006 at 5:49 PM
For those of you having trouble getting this beautiful house into the game, I was having the same difficulty. I used Q-Xpress to install it like I do all MTS2 downloads and it never showed up in my house catalog. However, I re-downloaded and installed it manually and there it was. This was a couple weeks ago and I notice that since then there's a new version of Q-Xpress - I don't have any idea if the update changed anything to do with this particular problem though (but I updated anyway).

Just thought I'd add my experiences in case it helps any of you.

You can never have too much yarn, fabric, or books.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#118 Old 21st Jun 2006 at 2:07 AM
thanks for that, i was somewhat at loose ends in troubleshooting this problem, thanx again

Test Subject
#119 Old 25th Jun 2006 at 9:29 PM
I can`t believe! I download this, have unloaded in game, but it does not work. Why? I can, what that have made not so?
Forgive for my English.
Field Researcher
#120 Old 3rd Jul 2006 at 11:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by starrling
For those of you having trouble getting this beautiful house into the game, I was having the same difficulty. I used Q-Xpress to install it like I do all MTS2 downloads and it never showed up in my house catalog. However, I re-downloaded and installed it manually and there it was. This was a couple weeks ago and I notice that since then there's a new version of Q-Xpress - I don't have any idea if the update changed anything to do with this particular problem though (but I updated anyway).Just thought I'd add my experiences in case it helps any of you.

this still does not make it show up,i really want this houes in the game,i have all expantion packs,I and body has and tips to get it to show up plesae tell me.
Field Researcher
#121 Old 4th Jul 2006 at 12:25 AM Last edited by TheSims2Fever198 : 4th Jul 2006 at 12:48 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by cmoret
L.S.
As seen in the messages above a lot of people are having trouble to get the mansion in the game, the same problem for me. But there is a way to fix. Once you double-clicked the ''Sims2Pack'' 59 files will be copied to ...\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Teleport. They will be removed when you start the game. In this Teleport you should rename all *.sims2tmp extensions to *.package. Then move the largest file (about 5,3 MB) to ...\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\LotCatalog and rename it like the rest of the files in that folder (like cx_00000025 if you have got cx_00000001-cx_00000024 already in that folder). Finaly move all other files to your downloadfolder (...\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads). Then start the game.

hi i just wanted to say that this was a bit confuesing on a part but i did copy the file and pasted it in ''lotcatalog and name it the next numder form what was the last there,and pasted it to downloads too and it worked,it showed up in my lots bin.

But the lot is still bugy,i was in the lot doing some changes to the decorations and i was ok for like 2 mins then it crased,so as long as the lot dont crash ur game that will help u,i did not get to try a family in the lot scens it creashed.

but to let u know the lot if a great pice of work but the kinks needs to be worked out,i would love it if u would make another lot that is really nice like this but not so hard on the game,i have a good computer but it just messes with the game its self,any way hope this helps,good work even tought it has faluts.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#122 Old 4th Jul 2006 at 2:15 AM
thank u for your comment
this house took a lot of time and its a shame no one can open it up in there game
i have realised that my homes started to get to complicated and i think the game found it hard to manage
i will endeavour to make another version
yes i know i said i would earlier but college got heaps stressful
thanks again and look out in the coming week for the new one

Field Researcher
#123 Old 4th Jul 2006 at 10:28 PM
just wanted to say that after it crashed i start it up agein and it worked fine,and now i have a family liveing in it,and its working fine know,no more crashes as of yet,so for now its working good for me and it runs good too.
Test Subject
#124 Old 20th Jul 2006 at 7:50 PM
help!!!! i did what the instructions said(they were very confusing!!) but it still dint show up in my box... though it did ask me at the begging of the game if i wanted to enable this custom content and i pressed enable and it stilll didnt work!
i restarted the comp nad it still didnt work i reallly want this house...
can anybody teell me what im doing wrong or re -write the instructions?????
Test Subject
#125 Old 6th Aug 2006 at 11:08 AM
yes its nice but i demand cheaper one lol

live by the gun, die by the gun
Page 5 of 7