Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#176 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 12:04 AM

Seriously, what is going on. O.O All of a sudden all the ground turned into the stove and fridge. I took more pictures, but only this one was saved. :\
Advertisement
Test Subject
#177 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 2:00 PM
when the objects start flashing red randomly after I installed nightlife. xD the tree's were flashing
Instructor
#178 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 3:24 PM
KittyPuppyMewo: you win this thread, that is seriously glitchy. It looks like an episode of The Twilight Zone.
CricketBee: I just had that happen to me. The child of two sims with Maxis skins somehow was born with a custom skin. She's really pretty, though. I didn't get any custom skins until I had a neighborhood full of defaults. I wish it happened more often.

I've had spawning gardeners, weird back massage animations, "broken" arms, all the usual stuff. In one hood my magic lots turned into vacation lots but I fixed it. One thing that really tee'd me off was when I spent three days redecorating a lot and it got stuck in winter. I moved it to a hood where it was summer all the time and it started making the hood view look like snow. Then in another lot it rained for a solid week. I started thinking I was going to have to reinstall Seasons but I deleted the lot and redid it with a fresh copy and everything seems fine.
The number one all time fail was when all the tombstones disappeared out of my cemetery one day. That was six months ago and I'm still mad. I used to love taking my sims to see ghosts. I've only let one sim die since then until I make a new cemetery. The old one was really beautiful and I can't even stand it any more.
Lab Assistant
#179 Old 5th Sep 2009 at 3:29 PM
[QUOTE=Figgi]Here's mine;

I looked in Brandon's inventory and found ALL of the objects which are outside the house above.

QUOTE]

I think that's got something to do with when you get a reward for a good outing. They've got to come from somwhere!

I made someone selectable and gave them a death token just as they waled out of the lot. She went invisible, and I forgot about her for a while, until I saw onw of my Simmies high fiving someone! She's still there, I think, and I can make her move around, can see a plumbob above her head but can't kill her or select her (get someone else to talk to her or make her 'scope room')

There is no spoon
Field Researcher
#180 Old 5th Sep 2009 at 5:16 PM
I didn't have many glitches until I started downloading custom objects. Now, it's terrible. XD
Let's start with this. This happened after the birthday of my self-Sim's daughter. My self-Sim's/my real life best friend took the teddy bear from her room and began to talk to her. When Aurora walked away, this happened.

I tried to reset her, and that didn't do much better.

And then she walked out of my house, the teddy bear still in her stomach.
When I invited her over a couple days later, it was gone.
I didn't think to try to use moveObjects to get it out of her. I was too freaked out.

Number two is very simple: Meet my son, Teeth-Through-the-Chin Boy.

Scholar
#181 Old 6th Sep 2009 at 3:46 AM
I have on many occasions had a sim's face get stuck in a horrific wide Joker's grin. I don't have a screenshot available, but it's not an uncommon glitch so you all have probably seen it. It seems to correct itself over time.

I know in one case I had a downloaded Pikachu holiday radio that seemed to trigger it. Whenever that radio played in my house one of my sims in that house--even a visitor, would end up with their face stuck in a strange grin.
Scholar
#182 Old 6th Sep 2009 at 7:34 AM
I'm fortunate compared to most of you, here.

The worst I've ever gotten is when the kids get stuck through the sofa or the babies keep floating around.
Test Subject
#183 Old 9th Sep 2009 at 8:37 PM
When I played Pleasant View, I play Bellacove now, Alexander Goth and his dad went to downtown and they were playing swing around, when they came back, Alexander had a..you know the small statue of something looked like flying dinosaur stuck on his head, I hate dinosaur, I was so depressed and didn't know what to do, so I reinstalled the game (before I know that we can reset the neighborhood or reset with force error), sigh, I just hate dinoseaur. :p
Mad Poster
#184 Old 14th Sep 2009 at 12:28 AM
I once opened up a neighborhood and got a VERY thick fog.

Actually, all I saw was gray and the text. That's it.

I asked about it on the Help board here, and those trying to help never saw this glitch before. Fortunately, the "fog" lifted, but to this day, I have no idea what happened.
Test Subject
#185 Old 22nd Sep 2009 at 6:15 PM
about a month ago, i had downloaded a beautiful new house, and i started to play on it, but it had this gazebo, and i turned on boolprop and every time my sims would go upstairs, they'd go out to the gazebo, and be teleported back to the back door, and would keep at it until they'd pass out
Lab Assistant
#186 Old 22nd Sep 2009 at 10:10 PM
This first one ended up being related to a hack, but it was still pretty hilarious -- and worrisome -- until I figured it out.

I decided to play one of my favorite couples one day, since their kids had both graduated college recently and I hadn't actually played them in a while. When I loaded their lot I was amused to see they both had the want "woohoo in bed" -- so I let them do their thing and go to sleep, as it was late at that house.

Then the next (sim) morning they woke up. One of them rolled perfectly normal wants and began his day. The other (the sim in my icon, incidentally) rolled a set of rather bizarre wants: 1. Hire a maid (!? He loves cleaning and does the little "Yes!" arm thing at the camera when I tell him to go clean o.O) 2.Go swimming (Even though it was snowing...) 3.Gain a skill point (This one was normal.) 4.Woohoo in bed (lol?)

Even though they seemed strange, I decided to clear a few out so he'd roll new ones. I sent him to take care of the last one and scrolled away to check on their pets, look for dirty/broken things in the house, so on and so forth. Re-selected him to see what his new wants were... and saw that the fourth want was still present. I decided maybe it had bugged out and just not counted and had him relax in bed again... and this time I /saw/ the want re-roll, and roll back to the exact same thing o_O;

At that point I decided he had to be bugged and used a debug item to force his wants to reroll. No matter how many times I tried, though, he'd get the same four wants. I even tried rerolling his LTW, since he'd already achieved platinum. That did change his wants... but they made no sense. Every single one of his wants and fears were about some cat he'd never even met!

I ended up digging through my hacks folder and the only one related to wants I could find was a Want/Fear sanity hack from maty. A bit ironic, really. Removing it fixed him though. :D; I'm sure it conflicted with something else in my heavily modified game, but I'm too lazy to figure out exactly what. Haha.

As for the /worst/ bug I've had happen... ugh. I had a beautiful neighborhood with owned businesses and families I loved. Long story short, the entire neighborhood got eaten and deleted. Now I back neighborhoods up regularly.
Theorist
#187 Old 22nd Sep 2009 at 10:46 PM
sorry ignore this post

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Lab Assistant
#188 Old 22nd Sep 2009 at 11:47 PM
After I installed Nightlife I couldn't get my sims to graduate from college. I'd keep getting a message saying that they missed the final exam.

I like candy.
Test Subject
#189 Old 23rd Sep 2009 at 10:50 PM
I can only really think of one. I was just playing the game normally when I went downstairs and found a baby on the wall.

A baby on the wall.

I acted as if it were on the floor, but it was on the wall like a hanging painting.

A baby, hanging from the wall.

The weirdest part? IT WASN'T MY BABY! This was in my ROBOTIC family, and I've never, ever used the adoption service.

I found out a while later you can actually recreate this if you have moveobjects on, just pick up the baby and move it onto a wall. Hey presto wallbaby.
Forum Resident
#190 Old 24th Sep 2009 at 2:41 AM Last edited by zauberlinda12 : 24th Sep 2009 at 2:54 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Invertin
I can only really think of one. I was just playing the game normally when I went downstairs and found a baby on the wall.

A baby on the wall.

I acted as if it were on the floor, but it was on the wall like a hanging painting.

A baby, hanging from the wall.

The weirdest part? IT WASN'T MY BABY! This was in my ROBOTIC family, and I've never, ever used the adoption service.

I found out a while later you can actually recreate this if you have moveobjects on, just pick up the baby and move it onto a wall. Hey presto wallbaby.

... your post cracked me up! Thanks for the laugh....I needed that.

The latest glitch for me was when my sim would not get out of bed to feed her screaming baby. I kept directing her to do it and she would not wake up. I finally realized I had accidently placed the changing table too close to the crib...as soon as I moved it she woke up and was a good mommy. Not so much a glitch more of a...

Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution.
Albert Einstein "What Life Means to Einstein"
Scholar
#191 Old 24th Sep 2009 at 5:54 AM
when my toddler disappeared, but she was still selectable. And when I tried to zero in on her, the cursor zeroed in on her mother. I was sort of freaking out, so I just exited the game, reloaded and let them go about their lives for a bit...and then she reappeared!

But scared me soooo much, because my second gen heiress is to old to have another kid, and she already had one taken away by the social worker D:
Lab Assistant
#192 Old 24th Sep 2009 at 7:47 AM
I had a couple recently: a toddler hanging on for dear life while momma salutes the invisible birds and papa gets backstabbed by a fishing friend.
Screenshots

I like candy.
Lab Assistant
#193 Old 25th Sep 2009 at 4:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KittyPuppyMewo

Seriously, what is going on. O.O All of a sudden all the ground turned into the stove and fridge. I took more pictures, but only this one was saved. :\

That is awesome... You could call it "Stoveton"...
Scholar
#194 Old 25th Sep 2009 at 5:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GuardStud08
My sim, Helen Mayberry, gave birth to her second son. Problem was, she gave birth to a duplicate sim. Meaning, her first son looks IDENTICAL to her second son.

That's not really a glitch. That's actually first born syndrome. It's fixed by rolling the dice before entering a house where a pregnant sim is about to give birth.
Lab Assistant
#195 Old 7th Oct 2009 at 1:23 PM
I have a couple of glitches going on right now. It has happened before tho, I have 3 brothers born in game, at 3 different times, who all have no body when they are naked. When they go to shower, all they are is a floating head,lol. A hereditary thing, nope, there dad and mom don't do it, and as a matter of fact, one of the brothers has a completely different dad( a maxis townie, Sinjin Couderic). The other is becoming quite common now, naked sims getting into the hot tubs,lol. I don't have any hacks for this, and it is random, but certain sims will get naked in the hot tubs. The other sims scream when they see them, but get in anyway. Some of them getting naked.
#196 Old 7th Oct 2009 at 5:27 PM
Default servo glitch...
i put two servoes, downloaded from the site. the computer file went crazy! they can't interact with each other. one time my sim went up the stairs backwards! i was like wth?!
Scholar
#197 Old 7th Oct 2009 at 5:36 PM Last edited by Sims2Nut:) : 7th Oct 2009 at 6:12 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by inkbottleblue
I had a Sim once that instead of getting out of the pool, continued to swim everywhere he went! I thought getting him to bed would fix it, but it he continued to build body points in his sleep and also had a water halo around his head. I think it finally fixed itself when he age transitioned into a teen the next day. Actually it was pretty amusing watching the kid swim through the livingroom!

That happened to me! I just used moveobjects on to delete him and bring him back by leaving and coming back to the house. Since his birthday wasn't for a while.

The scariest glitch... well, not really a glitch, but I double clicked on the N004 (my custom neighborhood) because I was getting pictures from the storytelling part of the folder... and I accidentily typed something random! And it didn't recognize as a neighborhood anymore. And me being so stupid, I didn't notice it. And when I went back to the neighborhood start up screen... PANIC My neighborhood that had like five generations wasn't there! So I shut it down again... went back and saw instead of N004... random gibberish. Woops. Changed it back. And was fine.

Quote: Originally posted by Tixi
the worst (re-occuring) glitch i have is when i use the TAB button to take pictures, and use X to rotate screen, the screen just spins and spins and spins for a few minutes and it cant be stopped, it just eventually kind of 'winds down' and the game goes on as normal

That has happened to me a few times... except I just press rotate button on the little control panel at the bottom and it doesn't stop spinning. If I press that "Windows" button at the bottom of my keyboard and it minimizes my Sims 2, and then I go back into Sims 2, it stops. :shrug: Did that make sense? Okay, so to fix it I just minimize Sims 2 and go back into it.

"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
- Douglas Adams (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)
tumblr
Test Subject
#198 Old 8th Oct 2009 at 12:07 PM
The weirdest glitch in my game so far was when Mrs. Crumplebottom was about to attack my sim but then she fell in the floor for 2 seconds and then fell on her butt like sims do when they lose a fight....but she didnt even touch my sim yet......then the weirdest part was my sim's boyfriend was mad at her for 2 days for no reason.....and then it said Mrs. Crumplebottom was his enemy O.o
Forum Resident
#199 Old 8th Oct 2009 at 10:47 PM
My weirdest glitch was after I bought a dog.

They came home to their huge mansion, were on the lawn as if they first moved there, and...

Every last bit of furniture, every window and door were gone.
The only thing left other than basic structural stuff was the Freetime car, which was in the corner of the lot on the other side of the road in front of a tree. It looked like it had crashed into the tree! Also the dog I bought was floating!

It freaked me out so much I restarted the game, and I am still hesitant about buying from pet stores!
Test Subject
#200 Old 9th Oct 2009 at 3:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KittyPuppyMewo

oh my gawd thats awsome, "stovetown" would be perfect, as bigirish called it.
Page 8 of 25