Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#751 Old 8th Aug 2010 at 1:38 PM
Thanks for the suggestions! I will try to implement it.

Kaospilot, I know, it's kind of plain isn't it? I tried adding that rounded awning thingy, but with that door, the top of it sticks out above the awning. Maybe I'll just switch to another door and see what happens.

Gabrielorie, yes I have ambitions. Is the water really any different? I did use a couple of fish spawners and the fog emitter to add a fountain there though! First time I used the thing.

Liked your house BTW. It's fresh, neat, airy, just like a beach house should be! And the landscaping is very nice now.
Advertisement
Inventor
#752 Old 8th Aug 2010 at 1:58 PM
For me the water is like milk .It used to look as great as yours before ambitions .I also used fish spawners but that dosen't make a difference...Whats your graphics setting?And thanks .I put a lot of thought into it when designing it .
Lab Assistant
#753 Old 8th Aug 2010 at 3:28 PM
I've made some changes as suggested. It does look better though! Thanks! Anything else? It's always welcome. I've added pictures of the interior also.

Gabrielorie, I think maybe that's just because my pond is in the shade? I'll make note of my graphic settings when I fired up my game again.
Field Researcher
#754 Old 8th Aug 2010 at 3:36 PM
@BGatot- just the same stupid issue we've all had at some point - the unrecolourable chimney. Would look better not in red brick but then from experience I don't know if the hand built ones look quite right either so... Otherwise it's looking great - I love the exterior colours and woodwork and the old fashioned car!
Lab Assistant
#755 Old 8th Aug 2010 at 3:53 PM
Sandymdh, I know. That red chimney is really looking out of place. I thought about covering it with walls, but there needs to be a foundation below it so it won't 'hang' above ground. And adding foundation is a no-no! Maybe I should just get rid of it altogether...
Instructor
#756 Old 8th Aug 2010 at 3:55 PM
BGatot- It looks great. I really like the bedroom!

Gabrielorie- I like it! The blue is a great color-perfect, I'd say!

Well, I have submitted my last house. I'm actually really sad it's almost over.

I'm going to add a video of this house in my siggie for a bit, so look for it soon.
Field Researcher
#757 Old 8th Aug 2010 at 4:04 PM
@BGatot - not sure if it would work but you could make a wall to cover the bottom - CFE it to be level with the foundation next to it then build more wall on top if you get what I mean - then I guess technically you haven't built any more foundation? It's a dilemna isn't it as that type of house really should have a fireplace- damn you EA! lol
Top Secret Researcher
#758 Old 8th Aug 2010 at 4:05 PM
gabrielorie: Your colours are so refreshing
BGatot: Maybe move the fireplace one tile in? That way you only have to build the replacement chimney inside, though only the top will be showing sticking out of the roof.
fragglerrocks: Video of the house being build or in play?

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Instructor
#759 Old 8th Aug 2010 at 4:06 PM
Just to show the animation on the outside. Is that allowed? I don't want to do it if it's not.
Top Secret Researcher
#760 Old 8th Aug 2010 at 4:08 PM
I wouldn't think it's not Will be really cool to see

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Instructor
#761 Old 8th Aug 2010 at 4:10 PM
Does the signature take awhile to show up after you save it?
Top Secret Researcher
#762 Old 8th Aug 2010 at 4:18 PM
Yea. Sometimes maybe 5 minutes

EDIT: Oh did you mean to put it in your signature directly? Or just a link?

Instructor
#763 Old 8th Aug 2010 at 4:21 PM
Thanks! I guess we'll see if it saves. I really enjoyed playing around with the fog emitter. I can't believe what it adds to the lot. The falling leaves look great under a tree!

Edit: Its there! Yay!

Please consider taking part in LifesLover's "The Build To Plan" Contest. You'll make new friends and have tons of fun!
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#764 Old 8th Aug 2010 at 4:21 PM
Is there a way to resize a lot down? My R2 30x30 got moved to a 30x40 to make room for a later round. Now I want to upload but want it to still be on the right size lot. I am really hoping I don't have to rebuild the whole thing.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Top Secret Researcher
#765 Old 8th Aug 2010 at 4:24 PM
Oh yea!! That looks great. Especially the waterfalls

Veteran Finn
retired moderator
#766 Old 8th Aug 2010 at 4:26 PM
kaospilot thanks for your comment earlier in the official R4 thread, I just noticed it
Instructor
#767 Old 8th Aug 2010 at 4:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kaospilot
Oh yea!! That looks great. Especially the waterfalls

Thank you! It took me forever to figure out where to place the fog emitter. Who knew the water would spray out so far, it was hitting my house the first attempt.

And the leaves, I had to put a wall up under the tree, so the fog emitter was at a second story height, then delete the wall. But its good to learn!

Please consider taking part in LifesLover's "The Build To Plan" Contest. You'll make new friends and have tons of fun!
Forum Resident
#768 Old 8th Aug 2010 at 4:58 PM
Those are great effects, fragglerocks. I still have no clue how to use the fog emitter.

[you say you believe me but you don't deceive me]
Top Secret Researcher
#769 Old 8th Aug 2010 at 5:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fragglerocks
Thank you! It took me forever to figure out where to place the fog emitter. Who knew the water would spray out so far, it was hitting my house the first attempt.

And the leaves, I had to put a wall up under the tree, so the fog emitter was at a second story height, then delete the wall. But its good to learn!

Haha. Yea I've been trying with rain but it ends up like 2 lots away in the neighbourhood

They should just make it an "official" tool as well as CFE instead of us having to mess about with cheats. They even use the cheats themselves in building houses..

Lab Assistant
#770 Old 8th Aug 2010 at 6:10 PM Last edited by BGatot : 8th Aug 2010 at 6:24 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Kaospilot
They should just make it an "official" tool as well as CFE instead of us having to mess about with cheats. They even use the cheats themselves in building houses..

I know! What's the logic of that? As Star Trek's Mr. Spock used to say, it's illogical!
Lab Assistant
#771 Old 8th Aug 2010 at 6:23 PM
BTW I've update my house again. I've managed to cover the chimneys with walls and matching color scheme. Definitely looks better IMHO. Managed to hide the top of the chimney pretty well too! :D

Of course when I first did it I made the mistake of creating several levels of walls before leveling it, and end up with strange leftover scrunched-up ceilings even though all the levels associated with it have been leveled. Had to bulldoze the lot and placed a copy of the house and start over.
Field Researcher
#772 Old 8th Aug 2010 at 7:09 PM
ah the joys of CFE :-)
Instructor
#773 Old 8th Aug 2010 at 7:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sandymdh
ah the joys of CFE :-)

Yup, nothing like zooming out on tab and realizing you have a floor tile 500 feet up in the air. I have had my share of troubles with it as well.

Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#774 Old 8th Aug 2010 at 7:55 PM Last edited by heaven_sent_8_18 : 8th Aug 2010 at 8:08 PM.
Just as a side note, La Maison d'Arbre is now in the moderation queue! Next will be The Woodcutter's Daughter, and hopefully, I can figure out how to get Rolling Hills Dairy Farm back on a 30x30 without having to rebuild it. Everyone's entries look wonderful. I see quite a few that I definitely am hoping to download.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Forum Resident
#775 Old 8th Aug 2010 at 8:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BGatot
BTW I've update my house again. I've managed to cover the chimneys with walls and matching color scheme. Definitely looks better IMHO. Managed to hide the top of the chimney pretty well too! :D

Of course when I first did it I made the mistake of creating several levels of walls before leveling it, and end up with strange leftover scrunched-up ceilings even though all the levels associated with it have been leveled. Had to bulldoze the lot and placed a copy of the house and start over.

I saw what you did and I really like it, BGatot. However, the fence on top of the chimney feels really out of place. It's too blocky and fancy for the feeling you're going, at least in my opinion. I'd suggest something that'd fit more with your theme.

[you say you believe me but you don't deceive me]

Page 31 of 39