Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#1201 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 7:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
Well I don't *want* the game to flop!

I don't *want* the game to flop either!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#1202 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 7:22 PM

In other completely surprising news, they can't even talk about how tall teens are.
Forum Resident
#1203 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 7:22 PM
"Same sex genetics?" Via Mork's

Quote:
Someone on Reddit pointed this out. I don’t want to jump to conclusions, but do you guys think it’ll be possible to merge same sex genetics in CAS and create the genetic children of same sex couples in game?

Forum Resident
#1204 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 7:22 PM
No one here wants the Sims franchise to die, I'm sure. The ideal goal would be for EA to realize how badly it screwed up, delay the game, and release it when it's truly ready. Although actually, I'd support them canning the entire thing and starting from scratch (which I'm sure is unrealistic, though).

But since that probably won't happen, I guess it boils down to: would you rather the franchise die or mutate into something terrible?

Quote: Originally posted by mishkabee

In other completely surprising news, they can't even talk about how tall teens are.

So they are the same height, is what I'm getting from that response.
Test Subject
#1205 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 7:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Edero
Why? It's not like you're getting something. Everything is getting taken out.

uhm last I checked CAS was the most complete feature of the game

(")>
Theorist
#1206 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 7:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gwynne
Where are people getting their news from now that honeywell is on break? I liked having a good portal to catch up on before I ventured into the thread. (No I am not interested in following individual gurus on twitter, I mean a blog or news site.)
SimNation has really been on the ball lately -- they seem to hit all of the high points and I think they have some original content too. I also haven't seen them make any stop-you're-ruining-the-game-don't-be-a-spoiled-brat posts either which is a plus in my book.

Also, @lewisb40 and @Enjoji :lovestruc
Scholar
#1207 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 7:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lakme
But since that probably won't happen, I guess it boils down to: would you rather the franchise die or mutate into something terrible?

Honestly? ...I'd probably think they should let it die and focus on keeping the old ones up to date and improve on that. Then at least we can say "Yeah no new games from this franchise, but the old ones still hold up great" which is better than what's going on now.

C-A
Test Subject
#1208 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 7:25 PM

we all know what it means when they cant comment on something

(")>
Field Researcher
#1209 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 7:25 PM
Well I don't *want* the game to flop! I hope enough people like it that they will go on to finish it and then bring out TS5. There is no benefit to anyone at all for it to nosedive except for... I can't think of anyone.

If this all goes down the way it's looking like it'll go down, there won't be a TS5.

The most I'm hoping for now is that some other game company sees this as a chance to eat EA's lunch with a life simulator of their own. There's a huge fan base that's just been cut loose.
Mad Poster
#1210 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 7:26 PM

How is that confidential information at all... how is any of this confidential...?

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Scholar
#1211 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 7:26 PM

...because they probably *are* the same height, hence why he 'can't talk about it..'
If they weren't, they probably would have said so - the same way they said No to CASt, and some other things they said No to also today...

...muppets. Stop being so childish and just tell us what's what, FFS!
What else are you hiding from us? What other shitty news - that you have to break to us - are you having secret meetings about?

EDIT - @matrix54, Kevin Hart is priceless, lolol; thanks for that - made me smile

...Titanium white...
Scholar
#1212 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 7:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by imey1997
we all know what it means when they cant comment on something

As it turns out, teens will look so much like Young Adults, it'll make us scream even more "well you should've CANNED the Young Adult lifestage for TODDLERS!"

C-A
Forum Resident
#1213 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 7:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatMuto
Honestly? ...I'd probably think they should let it die and focus on keeping the old ones up to date and improve on that. Then at least we can say "Yeah no new games from this franchise, but the old ones still hold up great" which is better than what's going on now.

C-A

I agree, myself. There's also the simple matter that EA has seriously violated our trust and I'm not sure how that can be recovered. Even if they do delay the game and fix these issues, they did not handle this well at all. I wonder where the heck their PR people are.
Mad Poster
#1214 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 7:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by missgothika
"Same sex genetics?" Via Mork's

Don't worry, I'm sure it will be removed before Putin gets angry.
Lab Assistant
#1215 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 7:28 PM

So I'll take that to mean they are the same height. I mean seriously, why wouldn't you be allowed to discuss heights????? Obviously to avoid another community outburst >:I
Test Subject
#1216 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 7:28 PM
TheSims4it asked, if teens and adults had the same height. Grant said she can not comment on, so if they could not comment pools and toddler and now are not present in the base game, the response of Grant means that adolescents and adults have the same height!

https://twitter.com/SimGuruGrant/st...226480244461571
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#1217 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 7:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lakme
So they are the same height, is what I'm getting from that response.

They should serioously get all the bad news out of the way in one go! If they release a bit of bad news every week the bad news will never stop being the talk of the internet!

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Forum Resident
#1218 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 7:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54

How is that confidential information at all... how is any of this confidential...?

If the people in charge were sane, it wouldn't be. But there are very unwell people...

They should serioously get all the bad news out of the way in one go! If they release a bit of bad news every week the bad news will never stop being the talk of the internet!

EA doesn't know how to internet properly!

Pssst! It's like a band-aid, EA. Rip it off fast.
Top Secret Researcher
#1219 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 7:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rkalanu
If this all goes down the way it's looking like it'll go down, there won't be a TS5.

The most I'm hoping for now is that some other game company sees this as a chance to eat EA's lunch with a life simulator of their own. There's a huge fan base that's just been cut loose.

That's what I'm hoping. I don't want TS to die, but I don't want it to be ruined even more than it is.
And by that I'm not just talking about TS4 but also the major fails with TS3 even if I did enjoy it.

EA are too stupid to realise that for every fuck up they do with this game, players lose interest. And those that have been faithful to the series will be hard to win back.

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Forum Resident
#1220 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 7:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by F@bry
TheSims4it asked, if teens and adults had the same height. Grant said he can not comment on

UNBELIEVABLE

Theorist
#1221 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 7:32 PM

Reflecting on the past confirmations of our speculation, that's a yes.

I really don't want to buy this game, but because I want to give a good solid review for you guys when it releases, I'll still be taking one for the team. But this game has me "smh" BIG TIME.
Forum Resident
#1222 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 7:32 PM

Yeah, and now we know what "No comment" really means.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#1223 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 7:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rkalanu

Lol they won't if the last one attempted by a huge company flopped! They're not gonna read this forum to try and investigate why, they'll just surmise the genre became unpopular in recent years.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Test Subject
#1224 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 7:33 PM

Why they can't talk abou it? It's obvious, because the answer is the worst, the same way they did with pools and toddlers, I'm almost sure the answer is a yes. You know why? They didn't have the time to do separate animations for teens, either they use the animations for adult/young adult or they cut the life stage completely like they did with toddlers, and knowing that they couldn't do this to 2 life stages at the same time, they took the first option.
Top Secret Researcher
#1225 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 7:34 PM

Stop asking?!

::goes to twitter to ask::
Locked thread
Page 49 of 920