Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
#1301 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:22 PM
*busy newsroom soundefexxzz*
SimmerNewsForAllSimmers: EA has accomplished what no other game company has to date. Some are mistakenly calling it a coup.
Never before have the mysterious qualities of the Sims, that which makes them tick, tactiley and evocatively, escaped Un-simmed before. However the free-roaming emotions they have, deeply evocative foundationally, are now freely circulating in the Simming community.
Joining said community will automatically ensure you receive your free-roaming emotion with "no comment" attached, but you can be sure you have it, because it is foundationally sound.
Yes, EA has stated categorically that it's out there. And what they say is what they foundationally do.
We of the SimmerNewsForAllSimmers see no reason to doubt them.
Advertisement
Instructor
#1302 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gwynne
Most games still are.

Meanwhile, asked a while ago, but it got buried I think:

Is there any news aggregator we like while honeywell is taking a break?

we're stuck with 32 bits until 2019 or whatever is the year they decide to release sims 5
Field Researcher
#1303 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:24 PM
So babies transition to children, and now children basically transition to young adults.
Scholar
#1304 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CooCooCoo
we're stuck with 32 bits until 2019 or whatever is the year they decide to release sims 5

Let me know your list of dedicated 64-bit games currently on the market, or that you yourself own.

Bonus points if you can get that list over five.
Forum Resident
#1305 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:25 PM
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand transition from hope to desperate crying.
Field Researcher
#1306 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimGuruGraham
Hey folks - just dropping in really quickly. I didn't realize teen height was still being debated; thought it was fairly clear from the pictures and recent videos. Yes the teens are the same height as the adults. They have lighter frames than their adult counterparts, less curvy figures, and a bit more youthful pudge (not pudding ) added to their faces.

I have a question, though I don't think I will get an answer, in one of the early TS4 trailers the social bunny and tragic clown were featured as easter eggs and said to be making a return in the base game, is that still true?

EDIT* Funny? Its a sad sad world.

❤"Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened"❤"It's okay for you to disagree with me I can't force you to be right"❤"I don't care what anybody says, sleep is my BFF"❤
Lab Assistant
#1307 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:25 PM
Me watching the whole train wreck...

One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#1308 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Motorcitydude
Either one of three things happened here:

1.) Lack of manpower and resources. Strange, considering E.A. is a HUGE company and makes millions of dollars every single year.
2.) Laziness. They just didn't feel like making them. I wouldn't put it past them considering the permeation of laziness throughout TS3.
3.) Greed. They deliberately left it out so they could charge a busload of money for it later. E.A. Games' standard operating procedure.

I think up to a year ago when it was gonna be online, there were probably only gonna be adults. They didn't have time in the year to make more than one set of new animations. Teens *could* get away with being adult height while kids could not. So the kids got the animation time.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Forum Resident
#1309 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:26 PM
Yeah, I know that in real life teenagers tend to reach their maximum height so they're not necessarily shorter than adults, but it's going to be hard to see those subtle differences in-game. It's like YA vs adult in Sims 3--you can see it when you zoom in close to the face, but how often do you do that in-game?
Alchemist
#1310 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:27 PM
Hey folks - just dropping in really quickly. I didn't realize teen height was still being debated; thought it was fairly clear from the pictures and recent videos. Yes the teens are the same height as the adults. They have lighter frames than their adult counterparts, less curvy figures, and a bit more youthful pudge (not pudding ) added to their faces.

But...why?
Test Subject
#1311 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:27 PM
Thanks, Graham, I already expected that.
Scholar
#1312 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:27 PM

Well, thank you for confirming that Graham-Crackers. But - and I might be alone in this - I do hope that since Teens are the same height as YA etc.., that you guys are planning on releasing some kind of a Pre-Teen age group, then - along with our dang Toddlers! - because to have kids age up and suddenly become Teens-At-Adult-Height is just plain strange....

...Titanium white...
Field Researcher
#1313 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:28 PM
I'm 17, and I've reached my adult height. But that's not the point - the children in Sims 4 look around 7/8, so for them to jump 9/10+ years in one birthday is frankly ridiculous. At least in TS3, the heights were a bit different.
Lab Assistant
#1314 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:28 PM

But why, though? Even making them an inch shorter can help us differentiate between an adult and a teen. We already sometimes can't tell the difference between them in TS3, and teens in TS3 are shorter than adults.
Scholar
#1315 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:28 PM
A final post on the 'where to get news?' question. I guess I wouldn't mind having to fall back to SimsVIP if they'd stop trying to sell me Steelseries merchandise.
Lab Assistant
#1316 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:28 PM
I'm sure we are trying to move past the whole toddler thing... but just one more thought. Why couldn't they shoe horn it into the base Game and then expand on it in an EP? I feel like that would be SOOOOOO much better than not having them in the base game at all, yeah it still isn't ideal, but I still think adding them later is going to cause more problems and probably not happen. If they were at least present in the base game, but with less interactions, I think I'd be less upset. Modders could maybe expand on them, or EA could add more through out other expansions.

But I don't know. We'd probably be all mad that they were so lame, but this alternative, of not having them at all really sucks.

Sims for for life! My opinion doesn't really matter but I like to share it anyways. :)
simblr
Mad Poster
#1317 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mumty
So babies transition to children, and now children basically transition to young adults.

Looks like it! Thanks Graham for your answer.

*looks at money and credit card, puts them back in pocket*

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#1318 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:29 PM
On the subject of "pre-teens", I really don't get what distinguishes pre-teens from children. Aren't they the same thing? Why is everyone so obsessed with them?
Field Researcher
#1319 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by picasso.fr
Me watching the whole train wreck...

That's not quite an accurate summary of the game - people actually want to see train wrecks.
Field Researcher
#1320 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
Looks like it! Thanks Graham for your answer.

*looks at money and credit card, puts them back in pocket*

Aren't you still getting the game for a little one ?
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#1321 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Enjoji
Well, thank you for confirming that Graham-Crackers. But - and I might be alone in this - I do hope that since Teens are the same height as YA etc.., that you guys are planning on releasing some kind of a Pre-Teen age group, then - along with our dang Toddlers! - because to have kids age up and suddenly become Teens-At-Adult-Height is just plain strange....

Along with middle-agers and older preschoolers. I used to make pre-teens in TS2 using the stretchskeleton cheat. They got taller but really lanky .

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Scholar
#1322 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by samsam594
I'm sure we are trying to move past the whole toddler thing... but just one more thought. Why couldn't they shoe horn it into the base Game and then expand on it in an EP? I feel like that would be SOOOOOO much better than not having them in the base game at all, yeah it still isn't ideal, but I still think adding them later is going to cause more problems and probably not happen. If they were at least present in the base game, but with less interactions, I think I'd be less upset. Modders could maybe expand on them, or EA could add more through out other expansions.

But I don't know. We'd probably be all mad that they were so lame, but this alternative, of not having them at all really sucks.

I clicked disagree--something that is implemented half-assedly is likely to remain half-assed forevermore.

(This is true in almost anything.)
Mad Poster
#1323 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:30 PM
I've got a question, Graham: can Sims still get pregnant or is it going to be a magic TS1-style birth?
Forum Resident
#1324 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Original_Sim
But...why?

The more height differences the more separate animations they have to make?

I hope we'll be able to tell them apart during gameplay.
Field Researcher
#1325 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:30 PM
Speaking of trains, has the tram system been explained?
Locked thread
Page 53 of 920