Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#226 Old 17th Jan 2016 at 8:48 PM
As i said back in post #147:
Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
...since at least one "Application" has sims already involved, maybe, for the first round (and for that ONE entry only) it could be accepted/not penalized.

So, I fall on the side of no penalty for sim inclusion this round

As for round 2 - "Bring it" whenever you are ready to dispense with it. Money/tax matters go right over my head - but, I'm ready to build :lovestruc
...and 10 days is plenty of time - so long as I don't miss the starting pistol.

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#227 Old 17th Jan 2016 at 10:53 PM
Lol I'm with you Cat. I'll let d_dgjdhh do all the maths. Just give me a budget to build to and all is good. I'll let others worry over tax and stuff.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#228 Old 17th Jan 2016 at 11:16 PM
I'm such a dork. I have a banking background -- the money aspect is the fun part for me and the reason I entered.
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#229 Old 17th Jan 2016 at 11:55 PM
I'm with Cat and Jo over the money side, I'm just interested in building, I'm no good with maths at all :D

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Scholar
Original Poster
#230 Old 18th Jan 2016 at 12:49 AM
As i said back in post #147:
So, I fall on the side of no penalty for sim inclusion this round
Yup, that's right, no penalty for this Application Round for those Sims.

And yes, I'll be doing the math and budget for each company. There's going to be a table of the summary and a post detailing the scores.
Mad Poster
#231 Old 18th Jan 2016 at 5:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Honeywell
I'm such a dork. I have a banking background -- the money aspect is the fun part for me and the reason I entered.

Honeywell, I am in awe... Truly, in AWE
Much to my Dad's dismay (he was the Math Dept Head at my High School - yes, I had him for a teacher. Poor guy!) I see numbers and my brain kinda goes numb. *sigh*

But - there's HOPE: :lovestruc
Quote: Originally posted by d_dgjdhh
...yes, I'll be doing the math and budget for each company. There's going to be a table of the summary and a post detailing the scores.

and Vintage Stuffeths
Field Researcher
#232 Old 18th Jan 2016 at 5:26 AM
Guys, the maths are so you know your budgets for the next round, and for those of you are homeowners, if you may need to take out *shutters* A LOAN, to pay of your debt! That's why the next round hasn't begun right away!!

Call me Seth!
Scholar
Original Poster
#233 Old 18th Jan 2016 at 6:45 AM
[...]But - there's HOPE: :lovestruc
Ohhh, but don't rely on me to give you the answers how much taxes you'll be paying, unless that hard juice being served by Justpedro tastes great.

Ok, signing off for bed.
Mad Poster
#234 Old 18th Jan 2016 at 7:03 AM
A toast to the budgets then
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#235 Old 18th Jan 2016 at 7:26 AM
And a toast to those doing the maths since I won't have to. No one would want me to do it though lol.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#236 Old 18th Jan 2016 at 6:56 PM
Extra EXTRA toasts to the budgets!

...Thank you, JustPetro for keeping the 'good' juices well stocked

and Vintage Stuffeths
Mad Poster
#237 Old 18th Jan 2016 at 9:11 PM
Salute!
Theorist
#238 Old 20th Jan 2016 at 7:32 PM
Scholar
Original Poster
#239 Old 20th Jan 2016 at 8:04 PM
Yup, still waiting for all the results to come in. Then the game begins.
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#240 Old 20th Jan 2016 at 9:09 PM
I'm getting excited!!

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Mad Poster
#241 Old 20th Jan 2016 at 10:09 PM
Anybody has a problem if I drink all the juice all by myself before viewing the results? (I will stock it again )
Mad Poster
#242 Old 20th Jan 2016 at 11:06 PM
I made cookies for the occasion.... :blush: but they're gone now *nervously licks fingers* LOL!

and Vintage Stuffeths
Mad Poster
#243 Old 21st Jan 2016 at 7:28 AM
I think more cookies will have to be made by Cat soon - I need something to eat with the juice
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#244 Old 21st Jan 2016 at 7:33 AM
What juice? *Looks at empty juice container and plate with cookie crumbs* :/

~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#245 Old 21st Jan 2016 at 1:43 PM
Just submitted my voting results - you guys did a great job! Some of those lots were very creatively done, no-CC really can be a good way to force yourself to use old parts in new ways. Can't wait to see what you guys do with the next round.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jje1000
If this succeeds, then we will have driven a stake through the metaphorical heart of pudding.

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Now also on Tumblr !
Scholar
Original Poster
#246 Old 21st Jan 2016 at 7:20 PM Last edited by d_dgjdhh : 23rd Mar 2016 at 2:51 AM.
Town Application Scores (Part 1 of 2)
TOWN APPLICATION - Results (Details)

Thank you all for your applications to the contest. This is the details of the scoring,
along with an image of what the judges used to determine your score. The
following post is a breakdown of your company's spending for the round.

Scholar
Original Poster
#247 Old 21st Jan 2016 at 7:21 PM Last edited by d_dgjdhh : 23rd Mar 2016 at 2:28 AM.
Town Application Scores (Part 2 of 2)

The detailed scoring of this application can be viewed at the post above this one. Preparation for the first town contract is on its way & will appear within the day.
Theorist
#248 Old 21st Jan 2016 at 7:34 PM
I'm an idiot. The lot price is much less important than I figured. I thought the total cost of the lot in addition to the taxes would be deducted from our score and that would be the budget for the first round.
Alchemist
#249 Old 21st Jan 2016 at 7:54 PM
Wow Im glad Im not a judge lol!! Thankyou guys for taking the time to understand all that and judge fairly!

Rome wasn't built in a day

Need help finding building items, check out my building blog https://bestbuilditems4sims2.wordpress.com/
Theorist
#250 Old 21st Jan 2016 at 7:57 PM
lol I'm so rude. What ekrubynaffit said too! Thank you.

Page 10 of 50