Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7026 Old 7th Oct 2021 at 12:31 AM
In my game today-

Sim shows remarkable self-awareness about current situation:

Icy Macy Hoober refuses to let the secret society outfit prevent her from accessorising:

All that happened at Spalding's graduation party was that people gave her gifts, and got into fights.

(The last picture is when I was testing out Kestrellyn's gift giving mod; it works really well for me! Spalding's boyfriend gave her a dry land flotation device! So romantic! )
Screenshots
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#7027 Old 7th Oct 2021 at 2:18 AM
Currently, I've gotten Joe Smith through his first two years of college. He's doing well, as he's gotten onto the Dean's List two years in a row. Elizabeth Goth and Tybalt Capp have just joined the roster and considering the latter has "permanently gotten rid of Mercutio" (have I mentioned that?), he's kind of nervously trying to hide it.

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Scholar
#7028 Old 8th Oct 2021 at 4:02 AM Last edited by sturlington : 8th Oct 2021 at 12:25 PM.
So I got it into my head that I should age up all my babies and toddlers. Usually, I only play each household 1-2 days, which seems too little for toddlers. And I feel like when there are toddlers in the house, that's where everyone should focus, which kind of limits what they can do. (Babies not so much, but that's usually only one day because I use the cake to age them up.) So I decided that when a baby is born, from now on I'll just play that household until the baby ages up to child, when the possibilities really open up.

This was quite a project, as there are a lot of babies and toddlers in my Pleasantview right now. Not that these are all of the new babies, just a few of them:

Lilith and Alexander have one child. I am so proud of Lilith because when Dirk came over and tried to flirt with her, she put a stop to that. She told Dirk that she just wanted to be friends. I guess she is really going to try to make her marriage work.

Dirk, on the rebound, called up Lucy Burb. She had a huge crush on him in college, but even though he led her on a bit, he made it clear that Lilith was the one he wanted, which really broke Lucy's heart. Now, after one date, he wanted to marry Lucy--which was more than he ever wanted with Lilith. Lucy was actually already married and had 2 kids with David Ottomas, but that didn't stop her from reconnecting with her first true love, and she left her family for Dirk. She got pregnant before they even got engaged. They have a son.

Also, Angela and Dustin have two perfect daughters together. They had some infertility issues when they were first trying, but they seem to be past that now.

ETA I'm also instituting a one-child policy. After a couple has one baby, then try for baby is not allowed unless one of them has the want and no one has the fear of having a baby.
Forum Resident
#7029 Old 8th Oct 2021 at 8:21 PM
Espresso Neighbour passed away of old age (again). He spent his last remaining days having his daughter, grandsons and fiancé over to spend time with them. This time, the grim reaper greeted him with an umbrella drink and hula dancers, and he got a platinum grave. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure I forgot to have him use the coupon for a free meal that he got. Hopefully there are some restaurants that will take it in the afterlife.

The younger of the aforementioned grandsons, Cappuchino Neighbour, invited over his older brother Nextdoor + his children, Macchiato and Temperance, for some bowling and grilled cheese.

"So ah... what're your thoughts on marriage, kid?"

Cappuchino and his roommates Lovechild and Monsoon are also pondering on what to do with their home business. As for now, they've been letting people in for bowling and swimming for free, while Cappuchino has offered makeovers when he's available. But both of his other roommates are employed in the athletic career and dedicated to it, while Capps is working in Brahe Neighbour's salon, and making big bucks doing so, so the business has become more of a passion project, and even the passion-bit is questionable.

Brahe Neighbour herself spent her time turning her first, tiny shop into a magazine store, and setting up her two new community lots. One became a high-end store for furniture, art, jewelry and kitchen machines. Cappuchino brought Nextdoor and their mum Modesty Neighbour to shop in that store, which I'd say is only fair considering how much Brahe pays him. The second one she made into a pay-to-visit-the-lot kind of deal for practicing instruments, or playing poker outside. Buck Grunt swung by to play some violin and was promptly booed by the other visitors, but he took it well and gave the business its first loyalty star. Brahe herself had an accidental three-generational family gathering at the poker table with herself, her aunt Lovechild, and Lovechild's aunt Love thy Neighbour.

Brahe's twin brother Copernicus had his first wohoo with his crush Liana, who he lives with. The next day, Liana was surprised by morning sickness. After she had eaten and rested for a bit she went to clean the toilet, only to throw up all over it just as she'd gotten it clean, and then once again a few hours later. When Copernicus got home from work, the two of them and Liana's brother Antonio went to Love thy's Café Petite. I never got to see whether Liana wanted to have something that was on the menu, so I chose something for her. I thought she might be in the mood for something tasty and hearty and a tad special. And while the order was delivered to the kitchen I realized just how special - because what I had just done was ordering cheesecake for a pregnant sim. Well then. Liana has that super fertility family aspiration thing, and Copernicus is a twin himself, so odds are they would've had twins anyway.

Copernicus' and Brahe's cousins Hurricane and Crescendo kept on with their home business now that they've become adults. It's another pay-to-visit type of business, with a bunch of games and other fun stuff to do. It's going well, and Hurricane and Crescendo are having a swell time getting to spend their days hanging out with a bunch of people and having fun - perfect for a popularity and a pleasure sim. One of the visitors was Erin Beaker, who Crescendo went on a date with.

Love thy Neighbour finally realized her wish of getting married, with Muffin Neighbour (they're not related, they just have the same surname because Muffin was adopted by two servos that Love thy's aunt made back in the day). It was a small wedding party with a handful of the couple's closest friends attending. Muffin joined Love thy in the elder collective, a few days before she'll become an elder herself.

I am Error.
Scholar
#7030 Old 8th Oct 2021 at 11:53 PM
Since I mentioned Lucy Burb Ottomas Dreamer in my last update, I thought I'd update on what happened to David Ottomas, her ex-husband.

The background is that Lucy had a huge crush on Dirk in college and went after him hard. He was flattered and encouraged it, but he always went back to Lilith, and eventually this broke Lucy's heart. She briefly set her sights on Alexander Goth, but he had no interest since in this playthrough, he's really into the Pleasant twins. So she turned to the next available guy, who was David Ottomas. They married and had two children quickly. Then Dirk, on the rebound from Lilith, called her for one date and she went running. After that date, he asked her to leave David and marry him, and she agreed.

This left David in a bad situation. He had a big mortgage and a small salary and two young kids to raise. He's still close to his family, but there's no room for his family in the Ottomas house. However, Jennifer Burb has a big empty house because John did indeed leave her for Brandi and her two younger kids with John went off to college. She was already pretty close to David, so she invited David and the grandkids to move in and take the extra bedrooms.

Of course, ACR kicks in and they start a relationship, which is kind of icky but still, David always was attracted to Jennifer. He wants to marry her but Jennifer does not want to get married and is pretty much keeping their relationship under wraps, and who can blame her? For her part, Lucy is trying to maintain relationships with her kids. She and David manage to stay civil enough so she can visit and play with the kids, but as you can imagine, he really doesn't like Lucy now. In fact, both the Dreamer and the Burb families have shown their disapproval of Dirk and Lucy's hasty marriage.
Mad Poster
#7031 Old 9th Oct 2021 at 2:33 AM
I found on my birthday (7th October) that I had more time than expected to spend with my Sims. As promised I spent it with my long-term friends at 19 Chorus Court -- Andrew, Julian, Gloria and Garry.

It happened to be Andrew and Julian's first day back at school after their wedding. Despite being married, school is important to Andrew and Julian (both Knowledge Sims) and they were keen to get back to studying. Andrew was wearing his sailor suit, and, as always, Julian was wearing next to nothing (actually the remains of his wedding outfit). They all went to work/school at nine o'clock, though Andrew and Julian had a long pillow fight in the garden before getting into the school 'bus. When the boys returned at one o'clock, they bought two new boys (Marcus Carson [Romance] and Henry Junor [Pleasure]) home with them. They decided to take Marcus and Henry downtown to PaintBoyz, a somewhat sleazy nightclub for teen boys near the House of Fallen Trees. While there, Julian and Andrew had woohoo in the shower (OK now that they're married) and they went on to eat at TeenMealz in Greaves Avenue. When they got home, without Community Lot Time (whIch I don't want), it was still only 4 p.m., and Gloria and Garry were home from work. They both had both straight woohoo wants and woohoo-in-bed wants, so it was obvious what they wanted to do. They soon disappeared up the stairs into the bedroom! Andrew and Julian had brought little Jake McArdell from Monopolis back with them, but as they wanted to cook a meal for him and for themselves they realized that they were running short of food, so they went across the road to Veronaville Market to stock up. Once there they decided to make a night of it, so they played chess, slow danced, and generally flirted together, until they took a taxi to the Swim Centre, where they had woohoo in the hot tub, and then swam across to the Poolside Restaurant where they enjoyed another meal out.

When they got home they put the groceries away, and Andrew decided that he wanted to 'phone his friend Jihoon LeTourneau, who shares a little downtown house with Jamie Siddons, and is in a committed relationship with Ralph Enriquez. When he ended that call, Andrew dropped an absolute bombshell. He told me that he wants to flirt with Jihoon LeTourneau! Of course I said, "Andrew, that's a terrible idea!" I think I'm going to have to have quite a conversation with him.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Top Secret Researcher
#7032 Old 9th Oct 2021 at 4:56 PM
Played the Burb household. They made some friends. Jennifer is in the dance career. They help Lucy with her homework.
The Goth Household. Last time Don married Cassandra and moved in. Well while she was at work he got busy with Dina! As did Mortimer, even though he really is happy that Bella is back, he had tried to move on with Dina thinking Bella wasn't coming back and ... he just wanted one last time with Dina! Don and Cass moved out into their own home.
Jane Stacks and Stella Terrano (in Uni) got engaged. As did Tiffany Sampson and Martin Ruben. Jane graduated. That's about it.

My Simblr
He/They
Scholar
#7033 Old 9th Oct 2021 at 6:39 PM
My next young couple are Beau Broke and Christene Burb (now Broke). When Beau first went to college, he roomed with Allegra Gorey, Jane Stacks, and Martin Ruben, but they moved into the dorm when they could no longer afford their bills. Beau got together with Allegra right away, and they seemed well matched as they are both Knowledge. Jane and Martin are both gay, the first gay Sims that I know of in this Pleasantview, and they will continue to live as roommates in Bluewater Village until maybe one day they will get paired up with my gay playables.

Christene was born to John and Jennifer early on in gameplay, and she has a brother, Ross, who's a couple of years younger. She's a Popularity Sim and went to college along with her townie boyfriend, Weldon. She and Beau met and became friends in the dorm. After graduation, Beau moved in with Allegra, and Christene moved in with Weldon, as I figured this was how they would end up. But even though Allegra wanted to marry Beau, he never got a want to marry her, and Christene also never got a want to marry Weldon. Then Christene threw a party while Weldon was out for the evening and she and Beau hooked up. They then both wanted to marry each other, so they broke up with their respective partners, and Christene moved into Beau's trailer, which is conveniently just across from where her dad now lives with Beau's mom. Christene is very close to all her family except Lucy, and now John wants to be friends with Beau. They seem very happy together, even though I had not pegged them as a couple, and hopefully their exes, who now have been exiled to live Downtown, will leave them be.
Scholar
#7034 Old 11th Oct 2021 at 7:47 PM
Loki Beaker has kindly informed me that Strangetown was a werewolf stronghold long before the aliens arrived. I have therefore gone carefully through each Sim's Wiki and rolled a D4 many times, and have discovered that there are currently three werewolves in Strangetown, and many more Sims who carry the werewolf gene.

The first werewolf, of course, is Loki himself. He got a werewolf gene from each parent, making him WW. Erin, on the other hand, got a regular Sim gene from each parent, making her SS, so she's not even a carrier. Circe is also a werewolf, which explains her penchant for making people scream.

The third werewolf is Jenny Smith. Her mother, Kitty, was a full werewolf whose parents named her Kitty as a joke. Glarn was a carrier who, by pure chance, gave a Sim gene to each of his sons and a werewolf gene to each daughter, so Pascal, Lazlo and Vidcund are all SW, Jenny is WW, and Lola and Chloe are AW (A for Alien). Pascal's and Vidcund's alien daughters are also AW.

Lyla Grunt was a werewolf, too. When Buzz was sent to Strangetown to investigate some rumours of lycanthropic activity, he had no idea the pretty blonde girl he married was a werewolf herself. She managed to hide it for years, and when he finally caught her in her wolf form he killed her. The army determined that he had acted in self defence; Strangetowners saw it differently, hence the animosity Loki, PT and Olive have for him (Olive's first two husbands were werewolves killed by the army). The three Grunt boys are, of course, all SW, which is why the family is tolerated.

Olive and Ophelia are both SM - M standing for Magical, meaning witch/warlock. This means they are capable of learning magic but are not born 'with the spark' (like the Aes Sedai in Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series). Olive made some inroads, but never became a full witch, and Ophelia shows no interest.

Nevyn (Nervous) is uniquely RS. His Reaper gene gives him multiple powers - he can become a werewolf, witch or vampire at will - and a double lifespan.

There are no vampires in Strangetown, because the werewolf and vampire genes are incompatible. Children born VW or WV suffer from Vamwolf Syndrome: they have intellectual and physical disabilities and their lifespan is a quarter that of a normal Sim. They are colloquially known as Zombies. Quadington was founded as a special school for these unfortunates, though today they are quite rare (not least because the army wiped out so many vampires and werewolves) and the school campus has been repurposed as a university.
Scholar
#7035 Old 11th Oct 2021 at 10:01 PM
There was a little bit of trouble in Beau and Christene Broke's marriage today, as Beau got abducted by aliens. Beau loved meeting aliens, but Christene was horrified by the whole thing, especially when his baby bump appeared. However, once the baby was born, she was determined to accept it and work things out with Beau. They had to move to a larger house (and take on more debt) to accommodate the unexpected newcomer.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7036 Old 11th Oct 2021 at 10:52 PM
In today's exciting episode of 'What's happening in Lacuna D...':

It is spring!

Mad Poster
#7037 Old 11th Oct 2021 at 11:53 PM
@simsample : That was hilarious!!

I liked the blur on the nude gnome!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Top Secret Researcher
#7038 Old 12th Oct 2021 at 5:49 AM
The Tri-var soririty had a good sports party, are doing well in Uni and have reached level 6 greek status.

Ripp, Ophelia and Johnny have graduated Uni, they did well, and moved to Riverblossom Hills!

Tank Grunt and Frances J. Worthington III also graduated Uni and moved out, to Bluewater Village! Frances got her inheritance or whatever it's called, enough for a nice home and should be enough to start up a business.

Aldric and Almeric Davis are best friends and mostly get along now. Almeric can still rub in the older twin thing from time to time and irritate Aldric but they are brothers and best friends. Good thing to, since they've graduated and it made sense to put their money together (I have no $20k handout) so they moved into a house together in Pleasantview!

Stella Terrano and Jane Stacks have also graduated, are engaged, and moved into their own home in Strangetown!

Aldric, Almeric and Stella were in the same dorms and right as they were all going to graduate, the gypsy lady left the lamp. So ... I gave it to Stella and put it in their inventory.

My Simblr
He/They
Forum Resident
#7039 Old 12th Oct 2021 at 4:15 PM

Batty was just gonna get the last bit of logic he needed to gain a skill point... I believe this is the first time I've had a sim abducted without me trying to make it happen. But of everyone, it's good that it was him, as he's a knowledge sim and I had plans for him to become an alien dad anyway. I would've waited for a bit, but now that it happened on its own it's fine, he'll just be a young dad. The funny thing is, when I directed him to go to the telescope I just had this feeling that I "knew" this would happen, and evidently, my intuition was right.

Bella Goth moved into the House of Fallen Trees. Circe, Pascal and Tank came over as the welcome wagon. Pascal got offended when she asked him what he worked with, but she got along well enough with Circe and excellently with Tank. Their conversation consisted almost entirely of Bella asking Tank questions, which is her main strategy for socializing, whether that's because she's just curious, due to her being shy or that she prefers listening to others than talking about herself with her history and memory wipe.
Pascal and Circe got into a fight in the bathroom, and then got into a loop of Circe shooing Pascal to use the toilet while also standing in his way so he couldn't leave. Just as Circe had given up and left, Tank entered the bathroom and the whole thing started anew. Bella let them sort it out on their own as she was off to the Downtown pool & spa with Jodie Larson and another woman called Neptune. At the lot, she also met a downtownie called Magnus and Buck Grunt, and had good chemistry with both. They all got together in the hot tub, then Bella asked some more questions, Magnus admitted that he wished to become friends with her, and she invited him and Buck to join the group. Soon after that, they all went back to Bella's. They didn't arrive until Thursday morning, however, as the community lot time thing claimed Bella had been out for 59 hours. A shame too because Ripp Grunt walked by and I'm sure the two of them would've had a lot to talk about. She missed two days of work, but when she got home, the first thing she did was quitting anyway, as I've plans for her to make an income either as a DJ or by playing poker and/or billiards.
She autonomously kissed Magnus and Buck who didn't want to miss out on the action gave her a romantic hug. Otherwise, most of the time was spent with Jodie, Neptune, Magnus and Buck all hanging around Bella and taking turns telling her dirty jokes. Over. And over. And OVER again. I don't know if they all came together to try and get a rise out of her, but most likely they were just blissfully unaware that with every joke they ruined their relation with her little by little, since she would laugh politely after each.

Ripp Grunt kept himself busy. Between working and drinking, he invited over one of his lovers, Ville Stenbock, and later went to Club Caliente dressed to impress. There he had a swell time, scoring a date with a townie named Tyra and then found himself surrounded by women taking turns to chat him up. One of them were Ophelia Nigmos, who also got in some hand-holding. What would your husband think about that, Ophelia...? The day after, Ripp asked one of the women, Opal Ståhl, out on a date. She accepted and they went to the music & dance hobby lot, but once they'd arrived, they weren't on a date after all and when Ripp tried to ask her again, she said no. Clearly she was just messing with him but Ripp kept trying to get her attention and affection in a quite undignified way and to little success. I had him go back home and ask out Brahe Neighbour instead, another of the women from the club and who he'd had his eyes on for a while. She said yes and they had a great time.

In Millan Neighbour (Melody Tinker), her husband Nextdoor Neighbour and their children Macchiato and Temperance's household, it was weekend. After a pancake breakfast, Macchiato Neighbour, who'd just become a teen, had fun with the livingroom telescope. Vidcund came over furious and shoved him, but as soon as he'd left, Macchiato was back at it. When Millan was back from work, the whole family went to Sue's Secret Kitchen. Temperance became interested in the chocolate machine and asked the hobby instructor for advice, which Nextdoor hoped would keep her occupied as he wanted to win the cooking competition. The hobby instructor left to join it too, however, but whatever she made couldn't stand a chance against Nextdoor's porkchops.

The next day was Temperance's birthday, and since Macchiato's had been just some days ago on a weekday when he came home very tired, they had a family gathering to celebrate both of them, with their grandparents Wanda, Stephan and Modesty, as well as Nextdoor's brother Cappuchino and Temperance's new best friend Hector Nigmos attending.

Hector Nigmos grew up to a teen himself as well, and spent his birthday with Temperance plus his parents. The day after, Johnny had a free day and since he and Ophelia no longer had to worry about Hector being home alone, they went to Bluewater for a date.

I am Error.
Scholar
#7040 Old 12th Oct 2021 at 4:54 PM
Buck Grunt aced his Fresher year at LGU and is the first Sim to transfer to Quadington. He had hoped Jill Smith would eventually catch up with him, but due to a complete lack of interest in homework she barely scraped through school with a D, which in my game is not good enough to get her into university. She's showing equally little interest in getting a job, so she's staying at home for now and sponging off Chloe, the only one in that household who actually works.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7041 Old 12th Oct 2021 at 6:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
@simsample : That was hilarious!!

I liked the blur on the nude gnome!

Thanks! The gnome is 4t2 by Semio:
https://gardenofshadows.org.uk/gard...p?topic=33236.0
Mad Poster
#7042 Old 12th Oct 2021 at 8:44 PM Last edited by FranH : 12th Oct 2021 at 8:55 PM.
In Arundel there was a very shocking event that happened.

Jordan Moseley caught his wife flirting with another man during the first day of their marriage.
He was angry-very angry. He refused to acknowledge her presence on the second day, silently having his breakfast before going to work. She also works in the same profession as he does and shares the same hours. They went off to work together without saying a word to one another.

They had slept apart the night before.
With their unofficial separation in place, Jordan and Marion had very little to do with one another. He was still very angry at her-but she was going to try to talk him out of it. She couldn't afford to lose her house or position.

So when they both came home Marion initiated sex-she was doing her damnedest to get him to keep her as his wife, because the Church will not allow divorce under any circumstances. She had to make this marriage work!

However, when she did so, he turned her down. She was officially not his wife any more in his view..and then Esther Williamson stopped by. It was pretty obvious that she was not wanted or needed any longer, because he had started flirting heavily with Esther.

The final blow, though, came as a complete shock to Marion.

"This marriage is over. I'd suggest you move out tonight, because I no longer want to see your face. This lady here, (indictating Esther) will be taking your place."

With that, Marion wept for a bit, then moved out. Jordan is a fast worker. He asked Esther to move in right then and asked her to marry him. She agreed to both.

However, Jordan insisted on getting married that night, because as he put it, "I will not share a bed in my house with a woman not my wife. The Church requires it."

Esther does not hate Marion-at all. She pities her for her bad luck. Perhaps Marion won't hate her, either. She can only hope.

Jordan has the want for a baby, and now Esther is not using any birth control. She hopes to get pregnant quickly-however, Jordan and Esther weren't able to consummate their marriage because they were both exhausted with the day's events.

Perhaps in a few days.

As for Marion, she moved out with few funds to her name, and her friends had to donate money for her to move into Esther Williamson's old place-which was empty. Marion quickly refurnished it. She won't forgive Jordan for his betrayal, but she will remain friends with Esther-who shouldn't be blamed for a husband's change of heart.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Scholar
#7043 Old 12th Oct 2021 at 10:27 PM
Today I played John Burb and Brandi Broke but now Burb. John has been married to Brandi for some time and also been an elder for a little while, but he and Brandi never had any kids together (they each have three from their first marriages). They never had the want without someone else having the fear at the same time. Today was the day before Brandi's elder birthday, and I was shocked to see they both had the want to have a baby without the fear. I was tempted to say no, you're too old, it's not fair to the child, but I'm sure they both just really wanted a chance to raise a child of their own together. So John called up the adoption service (this is the first time I used the mod that has adoption fulfill the want to have a baby and it worked great). They adopted a little boy named Carey. Oh my god, they were both all over that baby from the moment he arrived. Carey is certainly not going to lack for love and attention. Let's just hope the aspiration points Brandi got give her a nice long elderhood so he isn't orphaned too early.

Brandi had a quiet birthday with just John and Carey, and actually grew up into a decent outfit for once. Usually, my elders pick the worst clothes. Of course, I had just remodeled their extra room as a nice little sitting room, and I had to tear all that down and turn it into a nursery, but they were just so happy it was worth it. Well, I always say that my elders need a hobby!

And so the Burb-Broke clan, which was already huge, grows a little bigger. Wouldn't you know it, as soon as Carey became a toddler, John wanted another baby! But I think he was just getting carried away there.
Forum Resident
#7044 Old 13th Oct 2021 at 7:54 AM
Working on my custom city! It's named Rubyblossom Valley, after my founder Sim, Ruby Myth who 'discovered' the land. It's made using a Maxis SC4 terrain, but I purchased SC4 Deluxe recently, as I hope to make a second town that will be very small, in comparison to this large city I'm building, and try out the custom land building. I just finished the city gym near the town square. (Attached an image!)

I've gotten a good chunk of lots done, considering I'm such a slow builder. I have around twenty residential lots done, and about eight of the community lots off my insane 100+ community lot list done. Backing up my neighborhood after almost every save, lol.

Screenshots

I ramble a lot, and get confused easily, so my apologies to you in advance.
Scholar
#7045 Old 13th Oct 2021 at 7:15 PM
Helen Wheels moved out of the Pudding Lane boarding house and took an apartment at Seaside Manor. It's so her, and she loves it - the spiral stairs, the mezzanine bedroom, the pool and bar in the courtyard . . . it's perfect. Ethan hasn't called again since she turned him down for a second date, and she's hoping he'll just quietly fade away.

Dot Matrix was just trying to remember which of her lovers she hadn't woohooed with when Carl rang to invite her on a date. He was the one! So they met up at Sugar Cube Bowling and had a great time, culminating in public woohoo in the photo booth. She promptly rolled a want to woohoo in bed, but no point doing it with the same Sim twice when your LTW is for 20 different partners, so they made out a couple more times and then she ended the date and went home. The landlord was still waiting for her, so she got to chatting with him, keeping it simple until Carl had delivered the customary bouquet. Then she flirted with him, which led instantly to a lot of autonomous squeezing and making out, until their relationship was high enough for her to invite him to bed. He wasn't long gone when Carl came back with a big telescope and ingeniously managed to trap himself and everyone else in the building by putting it in the doorway! Dot put it in inventory and then, since she wasn't tired, headed over to the Comandgo Emporium to meet a few new prospects.
Scholar
#7046 Old 13th Oct 2021 at 11:52 PM
Today I played Beau and Christene Broke's house.

Their daughter Carmella grew up into a teen and she is sincerely beautiful. I think she is the prettiest Sim in Pleasantview. She is also so sweet. She took the Family aspiration. She wanted to get her first kiss and be friends with Alvin Futa, so she called him up and talked for awhile. They became friends, so later she invited him over, and after a little flirting, went in for the kiss. Then they played kicky bag until Alvin had to leave but did not become best friends. Alvin is a lucky duck, but he just doesn't know it. I wonder if Carmella will want him to come to college with her.

Beau, meanwhile, made a pancake breakfast for everyone and decided to skip work and study. His alien daughter, Tanisha, just hung out and made endless muffins. I guess she didn't get full off the pancakes. Christene went to buy groceries, where she met and talked to Malcolm Landgraab--we'll see if anything comes of that. Back home, she talked on the phone and got the want to have 30 best friends at once! I mean, her LTW is to have 20 best friends and she hasn't achieved that, so she can't be anywhere close to 30. Then, Martin Ruben came over to hang out with Beau and play video games. All in all, it was a quiet Sunday at the house of one of my most drama-free families.
Top Secret Researcher
#7047 Old 14th Oct 2021 at 5:24 PM
Zoe Zimmerman and Jasmine Rai rocked out and made a lot of money with their music any chance they got, after making sure they got good grades! Smart, sexy and talented, triple threats! lol. Gunnar was waiting for them in the sim bin, having graduated first. They graduated.

Mickey Dosser didn't make it easy for him to graduate, but he did! I was playing him strictly to wants or what he choose to do with free will. The robber stole their piano. Guy, Mickey and Matthew all graduated. The Shifting Paradymes (Jasmine, Zoe and Gunnar) plus Mickey Dosser (he's with Gunnar) moved into their own home downtown!

Played the La Fiesta Tech sorority. Jessie Pilferson and her boyfriend Ashley Pitts had some woohoo fun. They got roaches. I don't know the culprit for leaving a pile of trash in the living room. They got the roaches taken care of but when that happened they all got the flu. They are better now though. Unfortunately the roaches caused Sara to go into aspiration failure! Thankfully the psychiatrist and making a new friend solved her problem. Monica Bratford and boyfriend Hugh Knowe also had some woohoo fun. They woohoo'd, she did her term paper, and they went at it again lol. Sara really loves chess. They all graduated and Matthew Hart and Sara Love moved into their own home in Riverblossom Hills!

My Simblr
He/They
Forum Resident
#7048 Old 14th Oct 2021 at 6:13 PM

Little Froggy Neighbour was born. The next day, after spending some time taking care of getting to know his new son, one of Batty's mums were fortunately free to come see her first grandchild - and to take care of him for some hours so Batty could get some sleep and a bath.

Tank Grunt got promoted to tapdancer. He took a day off to work on his skills and friendships to be promoted further. He needed two more friends and had one person he just needed to chat with on the phone for a bit to make him a friend, then he went to the Music & Dance hobby lot to socialize. Ripp Grunt was there too, and the first thing Tank did was to autonomously go to talk to him, and they became best friends almost immediately. Likewise, a while ago they went from 0/1 to each other to friends just by a phone call. I guess they're making up for lost time. Tank also befriended the hobby instructor. I read afterwards that befriending a hobby instructor is beneficial for careers related to it, so that was a lucky coincidence.

Brahe Neighbour took out a loan á 13000§ to buy the newly built tattoo and piercing studio Tats4Gnats in Strangetown, so now she's got the five businesses she wants, it's just a matter of getting them all to the top. She got a good review and a best of the best-prize. I've been busy jotting down what playables have bought piercings/jewelry and tattoo boxes so I that I'll remember to put them on them. With the boxes it's very fair, the sims choose what collection of tattoo overlays they want, and then I choose which overlay from there to give them.

Tankette Smith finished her quest of finding her biological parents Circe and Loki's contact information as another resident on the "apartment" lot where she lives, invited over Savanna Larsen, the cop who helped Circe and Loki go into hiding after their crimes were brought to light and they lost custody of Tankette. Tankette got her daily relationship with Savanna up to 30 and has one common friend with her, which were the requirements I had decided on. She arranged a meet-up at a restaurant in Bluewater, but then I forgot to finish the outing so Circe came with her to Strangetown, and just then Jenny Smith, Tankette's foster mother, came by. Tankette hurried to say good-bye to Circe and went to greet Jenny, but Jenny was already on her way off the lot, maybe to contact the authorities. Circe can only hope she didn't see through her watertight disguise.

I am Error.
Scholar
#7049 Old 14th Oct 2021 at 7:08 PM
Some changes have come to Pleasantview, thanks to Mary-Sue Pleasant and Dina Goth, who both sit on the City Council and are pretty much the grandes dames of Pleasantview. Mary-Sue's influence has resulted in several small public parks being installed around town, while Dina's plan to bring in new businesses has attracted many cute shops to open along Main Street, replacing those old overlarge shopping areas that don't really fit Pleasantview's new "image."

After Mortimer passed and her twin girls went to college, Dina didn't want to live in the decrepit Goth manor anymore. She donated it as a public art museum, relocated the graves to a small family cemetery, and moved into a brand-new townhouse on Main Street with enough room for all the toys she could possibly want. She, Mary-Sue, and Brandi frequently have "girls' night in" where they sit around all night chatting in the hot tub or play a few friendly games of pool. Dina continues a one-sided relationship with Don Lothario--he's happy to be booty-called but totally freaks out anytime she even mentions the word "marriage," which causes her days of misery afterward.

After Mary-Sue's parents died, she also no longer wanted to maintain a huge house either, so she sold it for a nice profit, and she and Kennedy downsized to a small but luxuriously furnished European-style townhouse closer to Main Street that has a lovely garden and koi pond. The old Pleasant house has since been converted into Pleasantview's first fine-dining restaurant and piano bar, so now there is finally a decent place to take a date without having to trek all the way downtown. Mary-Sue feels like quite the fat cat as she too is sitting on a pile of money and she plans to leave none of it to her daughters, since neither of them bother to call or visit with any regularity.
Scholar
#7050 Old 15th Oct 2021 at 4:42 AM
I'm regretting "Vamwolf Syndrome" after the Count bit Chloe Curious at the end of a date. Chloe is absolutely beautiful as a vampire, but she's part werewolf so had to call the Gypsy for some Vamprocillin-D as soon as she got home. She bought several as she intends to continue dating the Count - and he gifted her a fountain worth $5,800, so she could totally afford it!
Page 282 of 350