Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

XML Injector version 2

by scumbumbo Posted 24th Jan 2019 at 9:22 AM - Updated 26th Mar 2019 at 11:43 PM by scumbumbo : Version 2 Released (New Features)

190 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 132 Feedback Posts, 57 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 8
Lab Assistant
#126 Old 22nd Nov 2019 at 8:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
Are you using the version from the download page or the update by Triplis on page 4 of the comments?

Speaking of, @Triplis might it be a good idea for you to upload your update to its own thread where people can more easily find a currently functioning version? Scumbumbo has been absent for 6 months now.

yes, but I managed to make it work by making the interaction being added by filtering for ID and not for Affordance, all the rest works.
Test Subject
#127 Old 23rd Nov 2019 at 8:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
Are you using the version from the download page or the update by Triplis on page 4 of the comments?

Speaking of, @Triplis might it be a good idea for you to upload your update to its own thread where people can more easily find a currently functioning version? Scumbumbo has been absent for 6 months now.

This still wont work for me, I do need help because the XML needed is always showing up.
Lab Assistant
#128 Old 25th Nov 2019 at 12:59 AM
The Triplis version of this mod is working fine in my game.
Test Subject
#129 Old 25th Nov 2019 at 4:35 PM
After the upgrade, the version from Triplis disappeared to interact on the computer.
Lab Assistant
#130 Old 27th Nov 2019 at 2:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tyllevas
EDIT: My sincerest apologies, I have identified the culprit, and this mod is not it!

Old text: It's not working for me! At least, I think this is what's causing the problem - my game closes whenever I load a family to play. I removed all mods (not cc), and now it works. I have so many mods that I haven't bothered to put them in some at a time.. basically waiting for all teh updates (and to all the modders out there, I love you 3000! :lovestruc )

It's slot mods that are causing the crash. Showers too. Sims4Studio has a batch fix for showers, and EA fixed the slot issue in today's patch.
Test Subject
#131 Old 30th Nov 2019 at 6:09 AM
To anyone who was wondering if scumbumbo is all right, I am the bearer of bad news. Sadly, he passed away about six months ago (so around the last time he was on here.) I was a gaming friend of his, but he'd moved away a few years back and I only just learned of his passing, and that he was prolific here. I don't think his extended family knew of his presence here, or if they would have cared. Anyway, he was a good guy who will be missed.

But on a more pragmatic note, I don't know what the protocol is for such things, but I imagine he would want others to continue his work in his absence.
Test Subject
#132 Old 30th Nov 2019 at 3:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Krud
To anyone who was wondering if scumbumbo is all right, I am the bearer of bad news. Sadly, he passed away about six months ago (so around the last time he was on here.) I was a gaming friend of his, but he'd moved away a few years back and I only just learned of his passing, and that he was prolific here. I don't think his extended family knew of his presence here, or if they would have cared. Anyway, he was a good guy who will be missed.

But on a more pragmatic note, I don't know what the protocol is for such things, but I imagine he would want others to continue his work in his absence.

Can we get any confirmation on this? It's not that I don't believe you, I'm just skeptical.
Test Subject
#133 Old 2nd Dec 2019 at 5:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Br3nn0_G4m3r
Can we get any confirmation on this? It's not that I don't believe you, I'm just skeptical.

This being the internet, I totally understand your skepticism, especially since literally the only thing I've done as a logged-in user is give you this information. The only reason I made an account at all was because I saw he was well-known here and I hadn't heard from him in months. I'm not sure what I would gain by making it up, but then I won't pretend to understand why a lot of people do what they do online.

Anyway, despite dropping this news on you, I don't feel it's my place to provide real-world confirmable information. Even if I did, what would it prove, exactly? One either knew who scumbumbo was in real life or they did not, and nothing I could show would necessarily prove anything one way or the other. And anyone who would make up something like that could just as easily falsify proof. You can believe me or not. If the situation were reversed, I'd rather not believe me. I'm still trying to process it, days later. But I promise it's the truth (which, again, it's the internet, so I know that means very little.)
Test Subject
#134 Old 2nd Dec 2019 at 10:25 AM
This being the internet, I totally understand your skepticism, especially since literally the only thing I've done as a logged-in user is give you this information. The only reason I made an account at all was because I saw he was well-known here and I hadn't heard from him in months. I'm not sure what I would gain by making it up, but then I won't pretend to understand why a lot of people do what they do online.

Anyway, despite dropping this news on you, I don't feel it's my place to provide real-world confirmable information. Even if I did, what would it prove, exactly? One either knew who scumbumbo was in real life or they did not, and nothing I could show would necessarily prove anything one way or the other. And anyone who would make up something like that could just as easily falsify proof. You can believe me or not. If the situation were reversed, I'd rather not believe me. I'm still trying to process it, days later. But I promise it's the truth (which, again, it's the internet, so I know that means very little.)

Hi. I appreciate you passing on this information, if it is true. It is hard to believe and I understand you don't want to invade anyone's privacy by sharing more than you should. Scumbumbo's a huge, huge part of this community and is the reason many modders are doing what they are doing today. If it is true, and you do have contact with the family, please pass on that it is almost impossible to express how much he meant to us, to me and every other simmer who ever used one of his mods or spoke to him. Thousands of us. If anyone wants to reach out from there, you know where to find us.

If it is true and he is gone, everyone here can safely agree that he was the King.
Lab Assistant
#135 Old 3rd Dec 2019 at 5:45 AM

Thanks for the information, Krud. I unfortunately suspected this news. He was so active in the modding community, and then he was just gone. I second the motion asking you to please let his loved-ones know he will be sorely missed, and from what we knew of him, he was a really great guy. Praying for peace for his family and for all who knew him. Thanks, again.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#136 Old 3rd Dec 2019 at 10:25 PM
Thank You..
Lab Assistant
#137 Old 4th Dec 2019 at 1:53 AM

Thank you from letting us now Krud. He will be missed for sure. As many have said before, he was a well known modder and very respected. From time to time he tend to dissapeared but he always came back. This time it was just weird that he didn't.
Inventor
#138 Old 4th Dec 2019 at 12:03 PM
I cannot believe he is gone. I really hoped he just had a stressful life and one day would be back again. This is really really sad & i am going to miss him. He was a great person & modder.

~~~ FIND OVER 300+ MODS ON MY OWN SITE https://lms-mods.com ~~~
Lab Assistant
#139 Old 4th Dec 2019 at 7:01 PM
I had just read it in another forum and could hardly believe it. I came here to see if it was thematized here and read the confirmation and that it was so long ago. Like LittleMsSam, I assumed that real life didn't leave him any time or desire for modding. I'm really sad right now. You will be missing, rest in peace Scumbumbo!
Test Subject
#140 Old 5th Dec 2019 at 12:24 PM
The modder's modder. A giant among men.

The world is a lesser place without him.

Rest in peace, Scumbumbo.
Mad Poster
#141 Old 6th Dec 2019 at 4:07 AM
Scumbumbo mods found their way into my game early, before MCCC was created. He was literally one of the first Sims 4 creators I ever talked to. Wonderful guy.
I miss him deeply. I'm glad we found out more about what happened.

Rest in Peace, Scumbumbo.
Instructor
#142 Old 6th Dec 2019 at 6:01 PM
People been talking about it in Twitter too. So I guess it is really true that he passed away. So sad to read
Have a good journey Scumbumbo - R.I.P -
Field Researcher
#143 Old 7th Dec 2019 at 2:08 AM
Oh my... I'm so sorry to hear this. Rest in peace, Scumbumbo.
Forum Resident
#144 Old 7th Dec 2019 at 8:05 AM Last edited by heidi137 : 7th Dec 2019 at 9:29 PM.

Hello, Scumbumbo has always been there alternately, he was absent for very long periods. You had to know this normally, because he was also absent from your game. Here, we knew that he stopped without warning and that he returned from the very long months after, it was the normality. This makes a lot of people sad, I hope for you that you are sure of what you are doing! To announce a death is very serious, I hope that enough elements allow you to announce this without any doubt. This is an emblematic figure of MTS, weird that the staff is not aware of anything, they are friends for many years ... You are a generous donor, as I could see, it's for his memory? I never believe the ads on the net, everything is nebulous, I like things to be clear and safe, I work like that in real life too, when it is not verifiable especially. It is so bad to announce a death without justifying formal sources, sorry, but I remain in doubt since you can not say for sure...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#145 Old 7th Dec 2019 at 9:32 AM
Always love your work. You're a great person and a great modder.
I'll miss your cute mouse avatar.
Rest in peace, Scumbumbo.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#146 Old 8th Dec 2019 at 3:44 AM
So sad. Rest in peace, dear Scumbumbo.
Lab Assistant
#147 Old 9th Dec 2019 at 12:29 AM
Can someone please make a modlist of mods that needs this mod, just links in the mod list too
Test Subject
#148 Old 9th Dec 2019 at 6:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by heidi137
Hello, Scumbumbo has always been there alternately, he was absent for very long periods. You had to know this normally, because he was also absent from your game. Here, we knew that he stopped without warning and that he returned from the very long months after, it was the normality. This makes a lot of people sad, I hope for you that you are sure of what you are doing! To announce a death is very serious, I hope that enough elements allow you to announce this without any doubt. This is an emblematic figure of MTS, weird that the staff is not aware of anything, they are friends for many years ... You are a generous donor, as I could see, it's for his memory? I never believe the ads on the net, everything is nebulous, I like things to be clear and safe, I work like that in real life too, when it is not verifiable especially. It is so bad to announce a death without justifying formal sources, sorry, but I remain in doubt since you can not say for sure...

Hi, Heidi. I can appreciate your skepticism, and don't blame you if you continue to doubt, but this is an unfortunate side effect of anonymous usernames online. I knew him in real life, and you're right, he would go quiet for long periods, which is why it was so long before I had even thought to investigate further. But I also know his real life name, and the city he was living in, and I read his obituary, and comments/tributes from his relatives. If I thought it would help to share it here, I would consider doing so. But you would still have no way of knowing that the man I knew by both his real name and as scumbumbo was in fact him. Though if you did know him in real life, his obituary is still available online. Otherwise it's not my place to link real-world personal data to online accounts. Again, the only reason I said anything is because I saw how much he meant to this community and I thought people might want some degree of closure. You are well within your rights to refuse.
Test Subject
#149 Old 10th Dec 2019 at 3:06 AM
Hi, Heidi. I can appreciate your skepticism, and don't blame you if you continue to doubt, but this is an unfortunate side effect of anonymous usernames online. I knew him in real life, and you're right, he would go quiet for long periods, which is why it was so long before I had even thought to investigate further. But I also know his real life name, and the city he was living in, and I read his obituary, and comments/tributes from his relatives. If I thought it would help to share it here, I would consider doing so. But you would still have no way of knowing that the man I knew by both his real name and as scumbumbo was in fact him. Though if you did know him in real life, his obituary is still available online. Otherwise it's not my place to link real-world personal data to online accounts. Again, the only reason I said anything is because I saw how much he meant to this community and I thought people might want some degree of closure. You are well within your rights to refuse.

Maybe that's none of our business, but could you tell what caused the death? Accident, disease? I got scared by the news.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#150 Old 10th Dec 2019 at 3:47 AM
Thanks for making everything possible on Sims 4 Modding!
Page 6 of 8