Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jan 2021 at 6:03 AM
Default WCIF: Towny no memory loss
Is there a recommended mod for a towny no memory loss for Super Collection (EP6). I've done a google search and am unsure which is the correct one? Were any included in the Essential Mods Thread? Strangely enough, I did have a towny sim join a family and he didn't lose any of his memories. Though another sim married a service sim and all her memories reset so I'm wondering if I have something installed already.

Call me Seth!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 15th Jan 2021 at 3:00 PM
Squinge said Townie no memory loss may be not compatible with Mac. I am using another mod for ages and it is working perfectly: https://modthesims.info/d/245542/no...ries-clear.html
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Jan 2021 at 10:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Annaminna
Squinge said Townie no memory loss may be not compatible with Mac. I am using another mod for ages and it is working perfectly: https://modthesims.info/d/245542/no...ries-clear.html

What is Squinge's mod? Does this one transfer their funds over as well?

Call me Seth!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 18th Jan 2021 at 12:17 AM Last edited by trambling101 : 18th Jan 2021 at 6:37 AM.
I got the mod but some memories are duplicated, comments of the download said the same thing. Is this the best one out there?

Edit: I tried it through asking a townie to "Move In" in game and like replies to the download, a towny sim even got a double memory of being engaged. It seems like another function is used with that mod to prevent some overlap? Is that the teleported sort of thing?

I figured it out: The game will still generate the townie generic memories on top of their existing memories when you ask them to Move In (so you will end up with duplicate Engagement memories if you propose engagement to a townie before, for example).

Call me Seth!
Forum Resident
#5 Old 2nd Feb 2021 at 2:09 AM
I use the SimBlender to move in townies: no memory loss, no duplicated memories. It will let you move them in without any relationship, so if you don't want to be cheaty, wait 'til you're best friends, or close to it. I'm not sure of the exact daily/lifetime scores needed in an unmodded game so this is my rule for moving townies in via the Blender.

You won't get the extra money or inventory items. I prefer that, but something you'll need to weigh.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 2nd Feb 2021 at 11:45 PM
I actually got squinge's mod and it works like a charm, no duplicate/weird regenerated memories like the other mod.

Call me Seth!