Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Updated - Sims 2 RoboFileMaid 3000.

by mstybl95 Posted 9th Jan 2006 at 3:09 AM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 9:21 PM by Nysha

130 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 126 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 6
Test Subject
#51 Old 15th Jan 2006 at 2:05 AM
Thank you so much for the link to the net framework, and the new maid looks' great
#52 Old 15th Jan 2006 at 6:42 AM
I always get extraction failed on every thing i drop into the program. I changed the directory and everything already, but every file just says "extracted 0" then i look and it all says failed. What could be the problem?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#53 Old 15th Jan 2006 at 3:29 PM Last edited by mstybl95 : 15th Jan 2006 at 3:34 PM. Reason: Adding to it
Quote: Originally posted by anissa
I have a question regarding unzip/rar'ing files...

sometimes I download a .rar that is either filled with other .rar files, or filled with folders that either contain the package or more .rar files (hope this makes sense), question is..

Can I drag and drop these .rar files that contain other files or .rar's and have them all extract to the desired location, or do I need to open each file and only extract the original .rar that holds the actual package?

I find these problems when some creators keep their creations organized and end up zipping every file that belongs to a set, or when I download items from TSR and a bunch of files are thrown together in one 'basket' file. Its a pain in the butt to seperate every file before extracting it into its destination. Hope Robomaid will help with the hassle.

Yes you can...she opens everything until she finds a package or sims2pack file, then installs it. Also, I had the same prob you have with rars. I'll put an update on this site so check back later on today. and a quick question, do you use firefox?
Test Subject
#54 Old 15th Jan 2006 at 10:20 PM
Yes.. I use firefox.

I havent tried using robomaid to unzip/unrar any files from links though.
Test Subject
#55 Old 17th Jan 2006 at 10:49 PM
Thank you so very much. I have been looking for something like this for a long time.

Thank you
Test Subject
#56 Old 18th Jan 2006 at 2:19 AM
i keep getting an error when i try installing the stupid framework it says i need microsoft windows installer 0.3. and i went to the link and downloaded the plugin and installed yet i still am getting the same error.what am i doing wrong do i need to restart my system.anyway what ashame guess i'll stick with the other maid till this bug is fixed or something.it looks really neat though nice job.

meet my niece ella clare my (av) she was born on december 3rd 05. if you love the sims then you'll go crazy over this gopets
Test Subject
#57 Old 18th Jan 2006 at 3:00 AM
I keep getting the same Akira...errors everytime I trie to drag and drop...also says extracted o havent a clue maybe some one could give us one. (clue that is )
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 19th Jan 2006 at 4:15 PM
Look slike many of us are having the same problem concerning the fact that it won't extract files. I hope this gets resolved soon, this program wins me over in every other way, especially since the original Sims Maid was so buggy on my computer!
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 22nd Jan 2006 at 4:15 PM
thanks alot, great idea
Test Subject
#60 Old 23rd Jan 2006 at 3:35 PM
Still waiting for this to be updated.. or progress posted.
Test Subject
#61 Old 23rd Jan 2006 at 5:17 PM
Thanks for the update.. re-tested and everything works GREAT!!

Good job!!
Test Subject
#62 Old 6th Feb 2006 at 3:13 AM
Fantastic!
This worked wonderful for me!! I did install the update from the link and then the program ran awsome. I'm going on a downloading binge right now and will let you know if I have any problems!! THANKS SOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!
#63 Old 10th Feb 2006 at 2:03 AM
So it places the downloads into right folders? like... if I download a new hair, it will go to the right folder? or what?
i don't get it
Test Subject
#64 Old 11th Feb 2006 at 1:44 AM
file maid 3000 works great once i got brave and used IE browser to install everything it needed to start working.my favorite browser is firefox. great program thanks for the hard work.

meet my niece ella clare my (av) she was born on december 3rd 05. if you love the sims then you'll go crazy over this gopets
Test Subject
#65 Old 26th Mar 2006 at 6:14 AM
I tried to run the program but it's not doing anything, no pop ups, no nothing. I double click, hit run to install the program, then the icon disapears and nothing happens. Any suggestions?
Test Subject
#66 Old 2nd Apr 2006 at 6:55 PM
Will the RoboFileMaid delete BAD downloads/files? That would be great.
Instructor
#67 Old 2nd Apr 2006 at 8:01 PM
I have never used RoboFileMaid.
So what do it?

Unauthorized incoming post!
Test Subject
#68 Old 3rd Apr 2006 at 10:26 PM
I keep getting this error box that says : "The application failed to initialize properly (*a whole bunch of numbers*) . Click OK to termionate the applicatuon." What should I do?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#69 Old 8th Apr 2006 at 3:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by princ3ssali
This is the second time that I've tried to download this file, I've done everything suggested by the creator and now my Ativirus program is detecting this file as a virus. So, I'm not going to use it but wanted to let you know that it's being detected as a virus by Nortons Ativirus.

Just so anyone who comes here and reads this knows, this file is not a virus. I can absolutely assure you that it would not be on MTS2 if it was.

As stated in many previous posts, make sure that you have the correct version of the .NET framework. If you get a message with a series of random numbers, that means that you do not have the correct version.

Here is a link that goes directly to the .NET download.
.NET 2.0

Check out my site: SIMple Realty
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 9th Apr 2006 at 2:50 PM
Hi, I have a question. I just downloaded this and it looks great, but when I tried to run it a message came up on the screen saying: "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click OK to terminat the program". I restarted my computer and tried to run it again, but the same thing came up. Do you know why this is happening? Can you help? If you can, Thanks.

Also, Thanks for making such a wonderfull program. When it starts working on my computer, It will make downloading so much easier. Thanks so much. :bow2:
Test Subject
#71 Old 12th Apr 2006 at 3:12 AM Last edited by princ3ssali : 12th Apr 2006 at 3:16 AM. Reason: Forgot to mention something
Quote: Originally posted by mstybl95
Just so anyone who comes here and reads this knows, this file is not a virus. I can absolutely assure you that it would not be on MTS2 if it was.

As stated in many previous posts, make sure that you have the correct version of the .NET framework. If you get a message with a series of random numbers, that means that you do not have the correct version.

Here is a link that goes directly to the .NET download.
.NET 2.0

I am in no way saying that this is a virus BUT my virus scan detected it as one. I don't doubt for one second that it's NOT a virus, but if someone comes up with the same problem and figures out an answer, I would love to know because I would absolutely LOVE to run this program. I've redownloaded it since I posted and it wasn't detected as a virus this time. But still, I get no warning, no error message, but when I try to download it, the I double click, run program, then the icon dissapears and nothing happens. Please, if someone encounters the same problem, help me out, thanks!
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 14th Apr 2006 at 4:21 PM
YAY! Its working now! Thanks! I'm off to do some downloading to test out this awesome tool.
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 16th Apr 2006 at 1:07 PM
Hi again. Sorry, but I've got another problem. The RoboFileMaid is working now, but is it supposed to be taking so long to actually do anything? I dragged some files onto it, and waited for a while but nothing happened to tell me that it had finished, and when I closed the FileMaid, the files I had dragged into it weren't in the game. Am I doing something wrong? Or is it supposed to take this long?
Test Subject
#74 Old 1st May 2006 at 1:53 PM
It came up as a virus because of the AdWare in it. Why the adware? Is that really neccesary?
Test Subject
#75 Old 12th May 2006 at 8:59 PM
not being blonde but what does this program do??? have been away from MTS2 since I downloaded 10000 files for up to uni and then when Nightlife came out they were null and void, seen this question asked a few times but not answered.. thanks :-)
Page 3 of 6