Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Updated - Sims 2 RoboFileMaid 3000.

by mstybl95 Posted 9th Jan 2006 at 3:09 AM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 9:21 PM by Nysha

130 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 126 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 6
Test Subject
#101 Old 30th Dec 2008 at 4:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MissAndrea1
Well i downloaded it, and i have the correct .NET thing.
When i drag a file onto the lawn next to the robot, " Enqueued 1 items..." appears and doesnt go away, what is this? and is it normal?

I'm having the same problem. I've tried the suggestions that made it work for other people, I don't understand why it won't work.
Test Subject
#102 Old 11th Jan 2009 at 4:08 AM
Im new to all this stuff and i was just wondering do you just have to drag the file over or is there something after that you have to do aswell?
Test Subject
#103 Old 19th Jan 2009 at 2:05 PM Last edited by LickingRabbit : 19th Jan 2009 at 2:13 PM. Reason: Fixed a part of the issue up after I wrote it.
I'm also having trouble. Same as above. I then tried a URL to the download page where the file is but it came up "An error occurred downloading *insert link here.* No matter how long the "Enqueued 1 item" is there for, nothing happens.

Ever wondered what that voice inside your head is trying to tell you?
Ever wondered what 'you must sim' means?
Well I'm here to answer those questions...
Cure yourself with the sims!
***Results may vary
Test Subject
#104 Old 17th Feb 2009 at 7:52 AM
I have installed the program but when i drag anything over i only get enqueued 1 items and nothing ever happens how do I fix this issue please
Test Subject
#105 Old 20th Feb 2009 at 8:20 AM
Is there a reason why some things go in to the game and others do not ?
Test Subject
#106 Old 4th Apr 2009 at 8:16 AM
Just to add my two cents.

I use the program and now love it but was having the issue of it not responding after I closed it the first time (I have Vista 64). I ended up doing something for this program that I do for other programs that do not initally work with Vista.

1) add a shorcut of RoboMaid to the desktop
2) right click the RoboMaid icon and select properties
3) select compatability and select Windows XP Service Pack 2
4) select run as administrator click Apply
5) restart your computer
6) enjoy RoboMaid

Hope this helps.
Test Subject
#107 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 2:17 AM
I was wondering if you can choose to save your original extracted files elsewhere after installing them instead of deleting them. I guess I want to know how much of the cool features are optional if you like more control of when/where the files get deleted or installed.

I save all of my installed in an "Sims installed" type folder and later remove it to disc but I keep it there for a while on my drive until I am certain I do not need to reinstall it. I just like to save my files because I need them later.

Any info is appreciated, I will open it to see if there is a readme. The website link for neoscrib is not working but I realize it was posted a few years back anyways.

Thank you.
Test Subject
#108 Old 28th Aug 2009 at 3:14 AM
This is probably a really dumb question, or has been answered before, but how do I drag the files to the lawn? It won't let me! That irritating little black no-drag symbol comes up. Did I do something wrong? Or is this a Vista glitch? Damn I hate Vista :P
Test Subject
#109 Old 3rd Nov 2009 at 7:13 PM Last edited by TheFilmCast : 3rd Nov 2009 at 7:15 PM. Reason: posted acidently, needed to actually type whati was going to say :P
one thing i've noticed, is it WILL dwonload the stuff to my game, but it won't give me any notice such as ill instruct it to install something, no notice, ill go into bodyshop, and it'll all be there
Test Subject
#110 Old 29th Nov 2009 at 2:44 AM
Sorry, one quick question about the program:

I'm in a weird situation - my computer got a virus and we had to wipe the hard drive. I had originally installed this on my external hard-drive so the program wasn't deleted. I installed it again without thinking and now it's freaking out a little and an application error pops up when I try to run it. I can't seem to get it to completely uninstall either.

Any idea what I should do?
Test Subject
#111 Old 1st Feb 2010 at 11:43 PM
Hooooooooo nelly . . . I don't suppose anyone else has tried running this on 7? I can't get the bugger to work--kinda what I expected, though =) Most people have been smart enough to stay away from running TS2 on it, from what I've seen. It does the black "YEAH RIGHT" sign when I try to drag files onto the lawn. I just realized it could potentially be caused by running it on a 64 bit system. If anyone's found a way to make it work, though, I'd appreciate a PM.
Inventor
#112 Old 6th Feb 2010 at 1:11 AM
I am having the same issue myself. I tried running it in an older program on 7 but it will not work.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up"!
Test Subject
#113 Old 9th Feb 2010 at 2:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by corwin
Thank you this is great!

It looks so easy to use, but I just can't seem to drag my files onto "the lawn". When I try, my cursor just turns into a circle with a diagonal line. What should I do?
Test Subject
#114 Old 17th Feb 2010 at 10:56 PM
can I install lots with this program as well?
Test Subject
#115 Old 2nd Apr 2010 at 10:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Koriina
Hooooooooo nelly . . . I don't suppose anyone else has tried running this on 7? I can't get the bugger to work--kinda what I expected, though =) Most people have been smart enough to stay away from running TS2 on it, from what I've seen. It does the black "YEAH RIGHT" sign when I try to drag files onto the lawn. I just realized it could potentially be caused by running it on a 64 bit system. If anyone's found a way to make it work, though, I'd appreciate a PM.

Ditto for me as well. I'm a fan of SimFileMaid 2 but can't get that to even install. Although I get 3000 to install, I can't drag/drop files.
Hmmm, looks like no-one wants to address this issue. I can't find any info about compatibility issues with W7 anywhere.
If I find something, I'll post but in the meantime has anyone else been successful in running this on Win7?
Test Subject
#116 Old 2nd Apr 2010 at 10:36 AM
Anyone know if this could be the problem, I've discovered that Windows 7 needs to change the permissions on the directory links such as "My Documents" (which just points to "Documents").
Test Subject
#117 Old 21st Apr 2010 at 7:14 AM
yep sure would be cool if we could get this to work on windows 7
Test Subject
#118 Old 1st May 2010 at 11:44 PM
File maid or robomaid do not work for windows 7.
Test Subject
#119 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 10:20 AM
is there anything that works for windows 7? Manually opening the files is hellll =/
Test Subject
#120 Old 22nd Feb 2011 at 8:54 AM
This doesn't appear to be working on Windows 7 64-bit. I try to drag files (even one at a time) onto the "lawn," however all I get is the "black circle with a line through it" cursor. I've tried everything I know. Help?
Test Subject
#121 Old 30th Mar 2011 at 3:03 AM
Hi, I came across this thread (more than once) while looking for a resolution to a problem. I have Windows 7 (and Vista before) and was unable to get Sims File Maid AND/OR Sims ROboFileMaid 3000 to work. Drag and Drop did not work (I always got the 'not allowed' cursor symbol when I tried. By searching for just 'unable to drag and drop' and 'windows 7' I came across a page that helped. I am not sure I can post the link here, so I will relay the gist of the matter. It all relate to your User Account Control settings in Windows 7. Essentially, you cannot drag and drop from Windows Explorer into certain programs (especially those set to 'administrator privileges'), as it conflicts with those security settings. By either disabling or changing your user account control settings via control panel, you can make the drag and drop function work! I have tried it and have to say I LOVE the improvements to both programs!!! Just thought I would share this as I see several others had the same issue. And as far as I have found in my internet searches no one has foundthe solution (though a few wise Sims players here DID relate it to Windows 7 and Vista-which is what led me to the correct assumption, that it was specific to the operating system and not the programs.
Test Subject
#122 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 8:04 PM
Thank You for the UAC suggestion. Fixed my no drag and drop problem!
Test Subject
#123 Old 17th Dec 2012 at 6:58 PM
This doesn't work on my Windows 7 machine
Lab Assistant
#124 Old 27th Sep 2013 at 6:51 AM
It will startup once, then give me an error next time. :P
Mad Poster
#125 Old 29th Sep 2013 at 3:35 PM Last edited by sushigal007 : 14th Jan 2014 at 11:49 AM.
I just discovered that some files in a rar weren't being copied to my Downloads folder while others were. The files had an apostrophe in the name (Peddle Pushin', or somthing like that) so I was wondering if perhaps the program was having trouble processing some special characters? Also it would be nice if it could handle 7z files - it always freezers when I drag those over when I'm not paying attention!

ETA: Having more problems now I've switched to a Windows 7 machine - I can drag files into the window just fine, but I always get "error opening file." If I open the archive and drag the packages into the window, it'll install them, but if I'm going to do that for every single archive, I may as well just drag the files into the Downloads folder.
Page 5 of 6