Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#226 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 5:17 PM
This is rampant speculation, and conjecture based on incomplete data, but... I found something interesting.

I opened up the latest post-patch GameplayData.package to poke around for fun, when I found a line I hadn't seen before: "Dating Progression". Inside this is a file concerning relationships, something called a "FulfillmentScore" and a whole lot of trait variances on it. Reads to me like one huge tuning file for a system that doesn't exist, yet. Based on it, I'd take a guess and say that there will be some kind of dating system in the next EP.

Those of you with s3pe, go see for yourself. The file you want is "[Ambitions folder]\Game\Bin\Gameplay\GameplayData.package".

Of course, I could just have completely misunderstood what I'm seeing. Not ruling that out at all. I'm not that good at Sims modding, I just like to poke the things that should not be poked. Maybe someone better than me could follow this one deeper? I'm thinking it'll turn out to be orphan code, for now.
Advertisement
Scholar
#227 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 6:06 PM
I used to get so excited with the release of new expansions...but Sims 3 really put a damper on that. I was really excited about WA but have been very disappointed with the mechanics. I still occasionally play Sims 3 but I've gone back to playing mostly Sims 1 and 2. I love CC and Sims 3 is so incompatible with it that it makes the whole game experience really cumbersome. After Dark does sound cool though, even though, sadly, I'm no longer spending my money on Sims 3.

Beware of Elves giving wedgies.
Lab Assistant
#228 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 6:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sharkloverplayer
More ideas.
Also if the bottle pointed to a sim of the same sex they would have to kiss them like they did in the sims 2 ps2.

And how was that?
#229 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 7:57 PM
Well whoever the bottle pointed at the sim had to kiss whether it was a male or female. If the sim played by herself and it landed on her she would kiss her hand.

What I meant is if they put it in the sims 3 the sim would have to kiss the sim it pointed at even if they were the same sex. Usually it was just pecks on the lips.
Scholar
#230 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 9:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by McNum
This is rampant speculation, and conjecture based on incomplete data, but... I found something interesting.

I opened up the latest post-patch GameplayData.package to poke around for fun, when I found a line I hadn't seen before: "Dating Progression". Inside this is a file concerning relationships, something called a "FulfillmentScore" and a whole lot of trait variances on it. Reads to me like one huge tuning file for a system that doesn't exist, yet. Based on it, I'd take a guess and say that there will be some kind of dating system in the next EP.

Those of you with s3pe, go see for yourself. The file you want is "[Ambitions folder]\Game\Bin\Gameplay\GameplayData.package".

Of course, I could just have completely misunderstood what I'm seeing. Not ruling that out at all. I'm not that good at Sims modding, I just like to poke the things that should not be poked. Maybe someone better than me could follow this one deeper? I'm thinking it'll turn out to be orphan code, for now.

I just looked at it and it does seem to be as stated a dating progression with a list of variables according to progression and traits. Though I have no idea what the instances and ids actually represent.

It ends with Treehash and is a dreamtree file. I hope that doesn't mean it will be an online component? Though really Ihave no idea what this means.

Maybe someone who really knows code like JMP or Twallan will have a look at this and decipher.

Interesting find though. It definately seems like dating is coming and romantic actions may be kicked up a notch.
Field Researcher
#231 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 9:45 PM
What I meant is if they put it in the sims 3 the sim would have to kiss the sim it pointed at even if they were the same sex. Usually it was just pecks on the lips.

. . .

So?

I just want the hot tubs and diving board back. Needs mah proper pool parties, man.

Check out my new blog - I Think My Cat Is An Alien
Field Researcher
#232 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 10:04 PM Last edited by rkalanu : 19th Jul 2010 at 10:38 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by suzetter
I just looked at it and it does seem to be as stated a dating progression with a list of variables according to progression and traits. Though I have no idea what the instances and ids actually represent.

'Dreams' in the XML refers to possible wants/wishes, so this is more about which romantic social wants they can roll. There are restrictions on which wants are possible based on career, skill, and traits. There are also relationship thresholds for rolling romantic wants.

There's a huge table of 'dream' names in Sims3.Gameplay.DreamsAndPromises.DreamNames, and it's interesting to read through. It looks like this:

public enum DreamNames : uint
{
ac___advance_an_active_career_level = 0x922701a,
ac___describe_your_services_to_a_customer = 0x9227013,
ac___do_a__jobtype_of_a_specific_var_career = 0x99a3bf8,
ac___do_a__var_jobtype_when_it_happens = 0x99a3bf5,
ac___earn_num_simoleons_in_one_day = 0x922701e,
ac___find_a_customer = 0x9227011,
ac___gain_a_recurring_customer = 0x9227015,
ac___gain_num_recurring_customers = 0x9227017,
ac___get_better_at_job_overmax = 0x922701c,
ac___start_a_business = 0x922700e,
accuse_of_being_a_crybaby = 0x57511490,
accuse_of_being_a_workaholic = 0x7b59d389,
accuse_of_being_boring = 0x8aee865e,
accuse_of_being_childish = 0x2af26d43,
accuse_of_being_evil = 0xb3d50f3,
accuse_of_being_insane = 0xa42afc47,
accuse_of_being_unflirty = 0x4dbc9753,
accuse_of_cheating = 0x6fe32d6d,
accuse_of_mean_spiritedness = 0xa6b5ae5a,
admire = 0x5ed63649,
adopt_a_boy = 0xe4309e56,
adopt_a_child = 0xea5ad309,
adopt_a_girl = 0xba761ae7,
amorous_hug = 0xb5f19be0,

My favorite is:
die_and_get_out_of_it = 0x13346260,

...maybe sims have to have the Existential trait to get that wish?

I also like:
find_out_var_sim_is_pregnant_by_me = 0xbd900d8c,
find_some_phat_lewtz = 0x62c3925a,
i_am_arnie_maynard = 0x28684c5c,
i_am_herman_dieter = 0x7a964210,

...and back on topic, this is in there, too:

go_on_1st_date = 0x5761865c,
go_on_2nd_date = 0x4860e662,
go_on_3rd_date = 0x2d23560e,
go_on_4th_date = 0x24ba9ced,
go_on_a_date = 0x85fc5790,
have_a_bad_date = 0x35d0f058,
Scholar
#233 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 11:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by suzetter
Zzzzzzzzzz. Just because you can't comprehend something doesn't mean it doesn't make sense it just means you can't comprehend it.
And why are you writing me that long, tiresome, pointless message? Shouldn't you be out shopping for bananas?

Reported. Go finish college or something...
#234 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 11:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rkalanu
'Dreams' in the XML refers to possible wants/wishes, so this is more about which romantic social wants they can roll. There are restrictions on which wants are possible based on career, skill, and traits. There are also relationship thresholds for rolling romantic wants.

There's a huge table of 'dream' names in Sims3.Gameplay.DreamsAndPromises.DreamNames, and it's interesting to read through. It looks like this:

{
admire = 0x5ed63649,

My favorite is:

I also like:

Interesting under back to topic especially have a bad date. On man I hope after dark is confirmed. Hopefully there will be attraction and chemisty added so we can know who our sims are compatible with.
Top Secret Researcher
#235 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 12:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jasumi
Reported. Go finish college or something...

A mod as already warned further up in the thread

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
#236 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 1:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CleoSombra
. . .

So?

I just want the hot tubs and diving board back. Needs mah proper pool parties, man.

I want hottubs too. Hottubs and Spin the bottle are two different things. Why would they not put in hottubs if they put in spin the bottle? Of course I want both but I didn't mention hottubs because I mentioned them in an earlier post. Spin the bottle is a great addition for parties. Why not have both hottubs and a spin the bottle game? Both are great for parties. Why would you not want a spin the bottle game in After Dark that's the question.

Oh and outings will fix the pool parties sims will join ours in the pools and yes I want diving boards back as well.
Scholar
#237 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 1:16 AM

{
admire = 0x5ed63649,

My favorite is:

I also like:

Thanks rkalanu! Wow, that is very interesting and helpful. When I saw dreamtree and treehash I was concerned it might signify an online element which I know EA is angling for and which I would not like.

'Die and get out of it' might be for the loser trait because the reaper spares them (except if they die of old age).

Sims currently don't go on dates so that progression must be in place for future use. Well, well it certainly looks like dating will be coming back to the sims soon.

Thanks again, and I'm going to take a look at that dream name file.
Top Secret Researcher
#238 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 1:19 AM

lolwat.

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Lab Assistant
#239 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 1:21 AM
hmmm after dark, i thought it sounded like, simmies come out and have fun at night, like just have big parties at the beach or park, and heavens forbid actually drink alcohol or something. imagine seeing a bunch of party-eager drunk simmies go past your sim's house sometimes at night, lol. but ratings would never allow this. i know in sims1 you could drink those iced teas and your sim would be "brave" and flirt/kiss a random person. usually they got a drink in their face afterwards. but it was the closest we had to actual "drinking" - not that i really want corrupt simmies that are alchoholics and such, but you know. some of them are adults and would like to do as they please.

but yeh. hot tubs, pianos...etc. too bad about the rabbitholes, we'll miss out on cool restaurants and nightclubs/pubs etc. ;\
#240 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 1:29 AM
Not necessarely. If After Dark is the next ep we will have nightclubs,bowling alleys,open resturents,hopefully an open theater,gift shops and coffee shops that won't be rabbit holes but will be open and will have npc bartenders,dj's,waiters and waitresses and cashiers. The current rabbitholes will probebly remain so but not the new buildings in AD.
Forum Resident
#241 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 2:59 AM
Not necessarely. If After Dark is the next ep we will have nightclubs,bowling alleys,open resturents,hopefully an open theater,gift shops and coffee shops that won't be rabbit holes but will be open and will have npc bartenders,dj's,waiters and waitresses and cashiers. The current rabbitholes will probebly remain so but not the new buildings in AD.

Bold added by me.

How do you know? First of all, we don't know if After Dark is the name. Second, we have no confirmation that it would be a dating EP. Third, we don't know what kind of lots EA would add until they say. As of right now, going off the name After Dark, the only thing I'd be confident in saying we'd get would be a Vampire Hospital, because I'm pretty sure that was the one that won in the poll EA had on their site back in May.
Mad Poster
#242 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 3:01 AM
If all that's true, we'll have a lot of community lots available. Gives me a reason to give our little vacation regions (mainly france) something to do beside 'raid'

I could only imagine the new town, let alone the new locations and lots :D
#243 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 4:36 AM
EP 3 will most likely be announced tomorrow at this event.
http://www.simprograms.com/ea-studi...s-july-20-2010/

Tomorrow we'll know for sure if it's after dark and what it will be about. My guess is I'm right about everything I've said. Also it wouldn't make sense to release an after dark ep and not have open businesses to go into.
Mad Poster
#244 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 5:48 AM
I'm excited about tomorrow. I hope that AD is true and that it's HD+NL+AL but new and improved. I was playing today and while the game is not boring (yet) with Amb, I keep seeing all these pub-like places that are self-serve. I think to myself, "when are we ever going to have bartenders?" Actually, I'd also want a bartender NPC as a callable service like in Sims 2. It'd be great for home parties. We shall see!
Field Researcher
#245 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 7:43 AM
I'm keeping my fingers cross for some good news tomorrow. I really hope that this will be the best ep. I haven't been too happy with WA and Ambitions is just so-so. What can i say, i miss dates and vamps and hottubs and chemistry and apartments and witches. OHHH,, tomorrow tomorrow.
Lab Assistant
#246 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 8:12 AM
EP 3 will most likely be announced tomorrow at this event.
http://www.simprograms.com/ea-studi...s-july-20-2010/

Tomorrow we'll know for sure if it's after dark and what it will be about. My guess is I'm right about everything I've said. Also it wouldn't make sense to release an after dark ep and not have open businesses to go into.

Thanks for this, I bookmarked the gamestop link where the vid will be. I have tomorrow afternoon off so I will be watching it. 1PM PST but I am EST so it will be 5pm for me, perfect

RUN FOREST RUN!
Forum Resident
#247 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 8:28 AM
DreadWizard, it's 4pm EST.
Scholar
#248 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 9:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kaospilot
A mod as already warned further up in the thread

Oh, I see. I just hate seeing people bullied online. And I apologize, Suzeter, my reaction was just as inappropriate as yours...

And I really hope your intuition is right, Sharkloverplayer. After Dark has the potential to be the most amazing Sims EP to date if EA executes things correctly...
Alchemist
#249 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 11:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by frankie
I'm excited about tomorrow. I hope that AD is true and that it's HD+NL+AL but new and improved. I was playing today and while the game is not boring (yet) with Amb, I keep seeing all these pub-like places that are self-serve. I think to myself, "when are we ever going to have bartenders?" Actually, I'd also want a bartender NPC as a callable service like in Sims 2. It'd be great for home parties. We shall see!

That makes two of us! I'm thinking of reinstalling the whole lot of TS3 and giving it another chance, just so that I'll be extra excited for all the additions an "After Dark" EP might add. Though the likelihood of being disappointed by EA is pretty high.

I think that AD could breathe some life and charm back into the franchise if properly executed and yes, definitely will be the best EP so far. Honestly, I already like it in rumor stage more than I ever liked Amb or WA...

Also, HI FRANKIE!
Top Secret Researcher
#250 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 11:08 AM
That site won't load for me at all

I'm really excited for what news there will be later on! Also if there is anything about Mirrors Edge 2

Page 10 of 35