Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#776 Old 20th Aug 2010 at 5:10 AM
I would love to see a pic of a full SV because that town is huge and I have a hard time imagining it all packed up. My town is tiny, and it's still has lots of space even with custom venues, lots of housing and ambition buildings, there's even a section where the skyscrapers will come.

Instead of complaining about why EA didn't give us real restaurants from the start, shouldn't we be glad EA is noticing RH restaurants are not the way to go. The food carts are things I missed terribly from TS1, and we never got them in TS2. We got BV food counters, but they were bad and ugly and not that much fun, you couldn't even eat in them with your date, so it served little purpose in situations where you were not controlling everybody. Hopefully this time you can at least buy your date a hot-dog or something.

And doing one thing one way and then doing it another way later on is not a new discovery. TS2 had rabbit hole jobs, then we got a few jobs we could do in UNI like bar-tending, then we got OFB where you could follow your sims to their jobs. Same with TS3, first rabbit hole jobs, then open jobs, then bar-tending. Then both games also kept the RH jobs so they could offer more jobs for sims to go to.

Not all changes are due to bad planning, sometimes you just figure out this could be done better in another way, so they change it. What would be bad, if they would say, well, we coded this two EP's back, lets never change it. Doing it different and improving ideas is something everybody does all the time for example at work.
Advertisement
#777 Old 20th Aug 2010 at 6:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Helmasaur
EA content, as a general rule, sucks. Hard. I doubt we'll get anything more detailed than a few roads and trees for a thousand SimPoints there.

Actually I think were getting a new free world with Late Night. It will be more detailed then just a few roads and trees and will probebly have all the new late night buildings,ambitions buildings,new premade sims etc. Actually I hope it's an exclusive beach town like the wii version is getting.

EA does make some nice things. Riverview is a nice neighborhood and also I love their Romanza Wedding Set. I'm one of those people that spends lots of money on stuff from the store because I love it. I hope we can get the store stuff in the console versions. They have some pretty nice hairs.

Also I wonder how the food truck is going to work. I hope we can buy sims that are with ours and unplayable food so they can eat together. If there is a food truck there must be tables and chairs outside. I hope the tables seat atleast 4 sims so I can seat a family of 4 at them. Heck if they don't have tables and chairs you could always add them in edit neighborhood.
Scholar
#778 Old 20th Aug 2010 at 7:04 AM
Oh, I'm certain we will be getting a new free world filled with buildings and families with Late Night. But what I think the other poster was referring to was that the worlds EA would release exclusively for the store would have very little; besides roads, trees and a ridiculously high price tag. I doubt they'd make detailed families with extensive histories like they did for Riverview, Twinbrook and Sunset Valley (and most likely, Bridgeport).
#779 Old 20th Aug 2010 at 2:48 PM
Here is some new facts from Twitter on late night. By the way don't expect much in the romance department. It's more hooking up then dating.

SimTimes – live tweets from The Sims 3 Late Night presentation at GamesCom 2010
Posted by Judhudson on 20 August, 2010 at 7:51 AM3 CommentsThis item was filled under [ (PC) Late Night ]
SimTimes provided many of the Sim fansites with live tweets from EA’s presentation of The Sims 3 Late Night from GamesCom 2010. Here are the notes:

Neighborhood isn’t so full…
Bridgeport is the name
The home is the highest floor
You reach the penthouse with an elevator
You can set the color of the hot tub
Arcade machines!
There’s a bubble machine again
Large aquarium for the wall
With the cursor on the thumb of your sim you can see his star level
Sims can dance on the tables
A drink can remove all bad moodlets or your sim can learn faster
The vampire bar is really dark with some red spots
Vampires are more functional. They can buy plasma in hospital
Bridgeport is an island connected with bridges
You can see through the swimming pool with windows on the lower level
A special object makes your lot to a bar
Bridgeport is really urban
You can build swimming pools on every level
You have to buy special multilevel penthouses
Call the butler with the cellphone
A butler costs 1200§/week
The superstar career also relates to the new celeb feature
You can pay off the paparazzi
You can play for tips in the subway
Special food truck parking lot
Late is more hooking up than romance
Late Night presentation has finished
Test Subject
#780 Old 20th Aug 2010 at 3:00 PM
We've already had nightlife on sims 2. It's like they ran out of ideas and selling us the same thing all over again.
Give us something new, please!
Lab Assistant
#781 Old 20th Aug 2010 at 4:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sharkloverplayer
Here is some new facts from Twitter on late night. By the way don't expect much in the romance department. It's more hooking up then dating.

SimTimes – live tweets from The Sims 3 Late Night presentation at GamesCom 2010
Posted by Judhudson on 20 August, 2010 at 7:51 AM3 CommentsThis item was filled under [ (PC) Late Night ]
SimTimes provided many of the Sim fansites with live tweets from EA’s presentation of The Sims 3 Late Night from GamesCom 2010. Here are the notes:

Neighborhood isn’t so full…
Bridgeport is the name
The home is the highest floor
You reach the penthouse with an elevator
You can set the color of the hot tub
Arcade machines!
There’s a bubble machine again
Large aquarium for the wall
With the cursor on the thumb of your sim you can see his star level
Sims can dance on the tables
A drink can remove all bad moodlets or your sim can learn faster
The vampire bar is really dark with some red spots
Vampires are more functional. They can buy plasma in hospital
Bridgeport is an island connected with bridges
You can see through the swimming pool with windows on the lower level
A special object makes your lot to a bar
Bridgeport is really urban
You can build swimming pools on every level
You have to buy special multilevel penthouses
Call the butler with the cellphone
A butler costs 1200§/week
The superstar career also relates to the new celeb feature
You can pay off the paparazzi
You can play for tips in the subway
Special food truck parking lot
Late is more hooking up than romance
Late Night presentation has finished

I was looking forward to real dating. I wonder if they are going to bring NL style dating at all. I miss it. I hope they at least bring it back in another EP.
#782 Old 20th Aug 2010 at 5:05 PM
Well there may be dating. Grant did say group dating but as far as new kisses are concerned I doubt it. I hope this doesn't rule out the slow dance.
1978 gallons of pancake batter
#783 Old 20th Aug 2010 at 5:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by suzetter
Did they not have a long term plan when developing this game? They sure had plenty of time to create one since TS3 was being developed during TS2.
Obviously not in the way you expect it. No developer studio makes plans in such a way, though.

Quote:
In base game they gave us the RH diners, in WA they gave us food registers, and in Late Night they’re giving us a food truck and bar snacks (hot wings and nachos).
I think you're missing the point of what they gave us in the base game and WA. The effort it takes to make the eat interactions for the restaurants or the buy interactions for the food registers is just miniscule. That is in no way comparable to the effort it takes to make a fully-fledged restaurant like you want it.

Quote:
Why have multiple things serving the same purpose badly rather than one thing that can accommodate all needs well?
Because these things are by-products that can be easily implemented using general-purpose stuff.

Quote:
In Base game they gave us RHs for careers, in Ambitions they gave us jobs we could accompany the Sims to. Why didn't they just skip the career RHs (keep the menus) and just give us the new thing of jobs we could accompany our Sims to when Ambitions came out.
Err, you would have liked the base game better if it were without any careers?

Quote:
Cars, for example, are largish files that serve little purpose in terms of extending game play. Sims should have the option to make out in them, repair them, wash them, etc.
You are asking for more content. Content is expensive; it is THE dominating factor in the delevopment costs of a modern game. You might not like the existing content, but TS3 and its expansions are not low on content. So, what would you relinquish e.g. for a full-fledged restaurant? Gardening?

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Theorist
#784 Old 20th Aug 2010 at 5:34 PM
The sims 3 expansions are 10$ more expensive here than TS2, they said it was because of all the content in the games, if that is true then the EPs should have 33% more content than TS2 counterparts, does it really feel like we're getting a whole lot more content? I don't think so

Hi I'm Paul!
Lab Assistant
#785 Old 20th Aug 2010 at 7:06 PM
I think the butler might be way too cheap compared to the incomes you can easily achieve. But I do love butlers! Yay for elevators, but spiraling stairs was actually a lot higher on my wish-list (Castlemaniac)
Lab Assistant
#786 Old 20th Aug 2010 at 7:27 PM
EA never mentioned that we could use elevators in building. Only that we'd use them to reach the top of penthouses.
Forum Resident
#787 Old 20th Aug 2010 at 7:46 PM
FlyingEvil, the price of the butler should be easily editable with mods, I know I'll probably be upping that price.

And yep, EA has only talked about using the elevators to get to the penthouses, so it's making me think that they will only be in the shell apartment buildings.
Lab Assistant
#788 Old 21st Aug 2010 at 2:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sharkloverplayer
Well there may be dating. Grant did say group dating but as far as new kisses are concerned I doubt it. I hope this doesn't rule out the slow dance.

They should have added slow dancing in WA. It's ridiculous to see sims dancing fast to the slow french music.
Lab Assistant
#789 Old 21st Aug 2010 at 2:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Celebriton
The very first third Sims 3 expansion rumor

what a funny way to write it
Scholar
#790 Old 21st Aug 2010 at 2:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lauren7694
We've already had nightlife on sims 2. It's like they ran out of ideas and selling us the same thing all over again.
Give us something new, please!

I disagree, Hot Date and Nightlife were both one of the most popular expansion packs for their respective series, as well as the whole clubbing and partying experience. It makes sense that EA would remake them now, just like they most likely will for Pets and Seasons (I'd consider both staples to the games).

And it's not like they're just updated direct copies of Hot Date and Nightlife. They're adding things from various other expansion packs, one of the console game and lots of brand new gameplay and items.
Forum Resident
#791 Old 21st Aug 2010 at 3:01 AM
I hope the butler is actually worth something. In Sims2 all he did was cook endless meals, clean them up before my sims got to eat and stand around all day in the kitchen brushing link on his jacket. Well, it's probably a status thing anyway. I wonder if he lives in or commutes? Would made a good nanny anyway... well, as long as your sims have a day job...

My cat taught me how to fetch. I throw the toy, she shows me where it landed, and I fetch it.
Scholar
#792 Old 21st Aug 2010 at 3:14 AM
In Apartment Life, my butler only ever made really lame cheap food for my wealthy family. Never lobster, pancakes or pork chops, just cereal or instant meals. I hope this one is a lot better in that regard. And I'm interested if he commutes or is a live in servant. I'd say he commutes.

And as someone else was saying, he does seem quite cheap. What was it? $1,200 a week? In Superstar (and Apartment Life?) he was about $500 a day. I think I might also get a hack to make him more expensive.
Instructor
#793 Old 21st Aug 2010 at 4:00 AM Last edited by Drakron : 21st Aug 2010 at 4:14 AM.
A butler is not a chef.

A butler is more of the administrator of the servant staff that anything else, the problem is that The Sims does not really allows you to have a servant staff to begin with so it ends up being him doing all the work that he can (and he is NOT prefect at that, again ... NOT a chef) and hire the people to do things he cannot besides managing the household (restocking the fridge in TS2, refilling the pet bowls, etc..).

Edit:

Quote: Originally posted by pirate_wolf_12
I disagree, Hot Date and Nightlife were both one of the most popular expansion packs for their respective series, as well as the whole clubbing and partying experience. It makes sense that EA would remake them now, just like they most likely will for Pets and Seasons (I'd consider both staples to the games).

Hot Date was what we got after SimsVille got canceled and it added Downtown that was a subhood and at that point we had nothing else to do besides the home lot.

Nightlife added things like cars, Downtown that was NOT like University sub-hoods, a enhanced romance system., diagonal pools and the ability to view the entire neighborhood from the lot., neither clubbing and partying were significant aspects of it.

Again, After Dark is NOT Nightlife or Hot Date as the focus is NOT on romance socials, as they are certainly not copying Hot Date or Nightlife in After Dark we are also NOT getting a "Dating" EP.
Scholar
#794 Old 21st Aug 2010 at 4:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Drakron
A butler is not a chef.

A butler is more of the administrator of the servant staff that anything else, the problem is that The Sims does not really allows you to have a servant staff to begin with so it ends up being him doing all the work that he can (and he is NOT prefect at that, again ... NOT a chef) and hire the people to do things he cannot besides managing the household (restocking the fridge in TS2, refilling the pet bowls, etc..).

Yes, I agree. It would be nice if my more successful and incredibly wealthy sims could hire more workers, like a chef. Maybe a personal trainer (using them might keep your sim fitter longer)? The butler would organise and direct all of them. Oh well, hopefully the butler will still cook, until we get a personal chef.

Quote: Originally posted by Drakron
Nightlife added things like cars, Downtown that was NOT like University sub-hoods, a enhanced romance system., diagonal pools and the ability to view the entire neighborhood from the lot., neither clubbing and partying were significant aspects of it.

I disagree, clubbing was certainly one major factor of Nightlife, along with all the other outings and dates. Things like cars, views of the nieghbourhood and the other stuff you mentioned were more secondary characteristics to the game. Each EP has extra content not directly referring to their central theme. For example, Unleashed gave us not just pets, but community lots, larger neighbourhoods and more stores. Seasons gave us farming and a few other country style themes.
Lab Assistant
#795 Old 21st Aug 2010 at 6:11 AM
I hope they put Seasons and Pets into one EP, I thought of it during my run today(6 miles gives you a lot of time to think), it should be called 'Sims 3: Extended Families' or 'Family Life' or something like that.

But I digress, I think this EP will be AWESOME. Are we gonna get restaurants though? RHs are lame, and eating outside sucks too.

Back from the dead. Even though nobody cares.
Test Subject
#796 Old 26th Aug 2010 at 9:43 AM
I am super excited about Late night! It isn't called after dark. There is even a trailer online so it isn't just some crappy rumor. Like for sims3 pets. Either way there will be hot tubs, vampires, bars, clubs, and DJ's thats all I know right now. But since I have not played sims 2 I'm saving up for it! (yay!)
I have seen videos and TS3 needs more romantic interactions. Like the first kiss floating thing, or butt grab when woo hooing. Dates would be cool too. Maybe they should let kids date too, considering 8 years olds are dating... More interactions for children and teens too... Here's the link to the video on youtube. BTW it is an OFFICIAL trailer, so we will get this game October 25th 2010!
WOOWOO!!!!
Link:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBRbOGwNWC0

BTW- there will be two new sliders. One is a breast slider so are simmies don't have to have teeny tits. and they are doing something to the muscle slider to give your sims more muscle or something. I guess I'm making Rosalie the vampire stripper and Emmet the Macho man!

b[B]b
Forum Resident
#797 Old 26th Aug 2010 at 12:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dayita992
I am super excited about Late night! It isn't called after dark. There is even a trailer online so it isn't just some crappy rumor. Like for sims3 pets. Either way there will be hot tubs, vampires, bars, clubs, and DJ's thats all I know right now. But since I have not played sims 2 I'm saving up for it! (yay!)
I have seen videos and TS3 needs more romantic interactions. Like the first kiss floating thing, or butt grab when woo hooing. Dates would be cool too. Maybe they should let kids date too, considering 8 years olds are dating... More interactions for children and teens too... Here's the link to the video on youtube. BTW it is an OFFICIAL trailer, so we will get this game October 25th 2010!
WOOWOO!!!!
Link:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBRbOGwNWC0

BTW- there will be two new sliders. One is a breast slider so are simmies don't have to have teeny tits. and they are doing something to the muscle slider to give your sims more muscle or something. I guess I'm making Rosalie the vampire stripper and Emmet the Macho man!

I don't see any point to your post. This is all info we've all known for months now and you're acting like it's all new or something.
Lab Assistant
#798 Old 26th Aug 2010 at 5:04 PM
EA Singapore made a Boo Boo. They were updating the Fast Lane images and instead they posted a Late Night Image. Shortly after is was removed from Ea's Singapore site.

Forum Resident
#799 Old 26th Aug 2010 at 5:22 PM
HA, great capture!
Lab Assistant
#800 Old 26th Aug 2010 at 5:40 PM
Yes, but what's that thing on the right of the pic? I'm highly intrigued as I have no idea!
Page 32 of 35