Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#126 Old 23rd Apr 2012 at 10:49 PM
From the left counterclockwise, I believe that is a blooming onion, a chicken leg, either deep fried turkey/chicken, from I believe to be a plate of churros, and what looks like a deep fried twinkie with toppings. I unfornately can't tell what that thing is next to the blooming onion but I'm sure it's tasty LOL
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#127 Old 23rd Apr 2012 at 10:51 PM
Rian90, I thought the same thing when I first looked at the foods, especially the turkey. WTF, EA is paying their graphic artist to do work like that? I think I can do better and I don't have a artistic bone in my body, just a perfection trait. Really EA need to find the artist here and other sim sites for better meshing and textures. UGH!

Still happy to get a new food for my sims to cook.

Also, would hoping that eating the blooming onion would give a bad breath moodlet? I think that would be sweet.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
One Minute Ninja'd
#128 Old 23rd Apr 2012 at 11:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rian90
Ack! Those cannot be fries!! LOL I really don't think their modeling skills are that poor! Maybe a bloomin' onion? Or some sort of funnel cake thingy? And yeah, that turkey is not going to fit into that fryer. How funny. Actually, those models look pretty bad...but at least they made the attempt...I guess. Hard to believe we are going to pay for this. Geesh.

Well it in keeping with EA's apparent corporate mission of "We aim to be just good enough".

Oh, I never heard of a bloomin' onion before and had to google it to find it's another term for onion rings. IMHO, I think those things are really french fries standing at attention, because, to my eye, they would be even scarier if onion rings.
Mad Poster
#129 Old 23rd Apr 2012 at 11:32 PM
I think they were going for this style:

Not the rings style:

Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
One Minute Ninja'd
#130 Old 23rd Apr 2012 at 11:41 PM
lewis, that does make sense. I've never seen the first style, only the rings style. Although to me, the first photo look more like a fried shrimp platter (just to confuse everyone more).
Forum Resident
#131 Old 23rd Apr 2012 at 11:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
I've never seen the first style, only the rings style.

Although it was originated at an earlier time, it was only popularized within the United States around the late 980's so I can understand your confusion.
Mad Poster
#132 Old 23rd Apr 2012 at 11:59 PM
Just thought I should post a picture of the deep fryer foods we are critiquing.

SMH.

Theorist
#133 Old 24th Apr 2012 at 12:00 AM
Oh that's supposed to be a fry? I thought it was a corndog...
One Minute Ninja'd
#134 Old 24th Apr 2012 at 12:11 AM
No, I think the corndog is the one to the right of the fried turkey. I'm not sure about that thing on a stick above it, fried hot dog? Or is that the corndog? It's the one on the end of the table, the whitish stripy thing, that I can't place. Almost reminds me of a candy bar.
Theorist
#135 Old 24th Apr 2012 at 12:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
Just thought I should post a picture of the deep fryer foods we are critiquing.

SMH.

That turkey is like rare, negative rare in the middle. WTF
Don't get me started on everything else on that table except for the corndog.
Scholar
#136 Old 24th Apr 2012 at 1:12 AM
Is that supposed to be a fried fish filet (northeast of the blooming onion)?
Instructor
#137 Old 24th Apr 2012 at 1:29 AM
Ohhh.. no..... I was excited about this. But now I don't want to give them my money just in protest for those foods alone.

edit: Oh, thank goodness, its just crappy store content. I thought this was supposed to be included in the EP.

waiter, there's a conundrum in my soup
The Adom Legacy
Scholar
#138 Old 24th Apr 2012 at 1:56 AM
Why in the world are we talking about food items? I thought this topic was supposed to be about weather.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
One Minute Ninja'd
#139 Old 24th Apr 2012 at 1:59 AM
You can only talk about weather for so long before you need a snack.
Forum Resident
#140 Old 24th Apr 2012 at 4:36 AM
I think the middle one isn't supposed to be a turkey, it looks more like lamb legs...
Mad Poster
#141 Old 24th Apr 2012 at 4:57 AM
It looks more like a whole chicken.

OH GOD NOW I JUST THOUGHT OF CHICKEN IN A CAN AGAIN.

Some things you just cannot unsee.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Lab Assistant
#142 Old 24th Apr 2012 at 5:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jeffrompas
I think the middle one isn't supposed to be a turkey, it looks more like lamb legs...

Or fried charcoal...it doesn't look edible to me at all. I've never eaten lamb legs, but I'm quite fond of lamb chops and their meat does not look like that. I know because if they did look like that, I wouldn't have eaten any at all.
Forum Resident
#143 Old 24th Apr 2012 at 5:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TMBrandon
That turkey is like rare, negative rare in the middle. WTF

Every time I've gotten turkey legs (at fairs and such) they've been smoked, in which case that pink color would make sense. I'm not sure an allegedly deep-fried leg would/should have that color though...but maybe so. The ones pictured in the link look about the same as the smoked legs.
Top Secret Researcher
#144 Old 24th Apr 2012 at 5:44 AM
I think they were planning to make a smoker for the turkey, decided not to do so, and just used the model for the fryer...because they are EA and they are lazy.
Field Researcher
#145 Old 24th Apr 2012 at 6:06 AM
I wonder what new moodlets this deep fried food will bring? Tight chest? Tingling arm?
Top Secret Researcher
#146 Old 24th Apr 2012 at 7:04 AM
Whats with all the pictures of food, I'm not following this at all....

Food has nothing to do with seasons. I can as easily eat a hot dog in June as I can in December, Big Whoop!

Did I mention a Ski Resort, because that is possibly one of the best things they could implement.

Also just saying, the big piece of meat looks more like a lamb than a turkey, its too red to be a turkey, well at least an edible one.

Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather.

GTA V
Forum Resident
#147 Old 24th Apr 2012 at 9:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Riptide651
Whats with all the pictures of food, I'm not following this at all....

Food has nothing to do with seasons. I can as easily eat a hot dog in June as I can in December, Big Whoop!

That may be true but food is seasonal. Many fruits and vegetables are only grown during certain seasons domestically which affects people's eating habits throughout the year (it's cheaper so they eat more of it in x season). Also, many people tend to eat more heartier foods during the winter and lighter during the summer. Whenever I think of summer, an image of grabbing an ice cream cone on a beach boardwalk always pops into mind. Or garden tea parties or backyard grilling. While you can and I'm sure do eat hot dogs in December, I think it definitely has more of a connection to summer in American culture. Now if this was Germany and we were talking bratwurst, that's a different story.

Whether EA actually makes certain root vegetables and fruits available for gardening during the winter is doubtful but that would be nice.
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#148 Old 24th Apr 2012 at 9:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by olomaya
Whether EA actually makes certain root vegetables and fruits available for gardening during the winter is doubtful but that would be nice.

They actually had seasonal plants back in TS2, so it shouldn't require much from EA to repeat that in TS3... but EA is so unreliable that yeah, we'll see.

Talking about those ski resorts, it'll be interesting to see what kind of world/worlds we'd have with this EP theme. I'd be a bit disappointed if we'd get only one world like in TS2 Seasons... since WA had three incredibly detailed worlds I'm kinda hoping for something of the same direction!
Mad Poster
#149 Old 24th Apr 2012 at 11:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Arisuka
They actually had seasonal plants back in TS2, so it shouldn't require much from EA to repeat that in TS3... but EA is so unreliable that yeah, we'll see.

Talking about those ski resorts, it'll be interesting to see what kind of world/worlds we'd have with this EP theme. I'd be a bit disappointed if we'd get only one world like in TS2 Seasons... since WA had three incredibly detailed worlds I'm kinda hoping for something of the same direction!

Hopefully, they won't be like the WA worlds and only allow you to visit them as a "tourist".
Instructor
#150 Old 24th Apr 2012 at 6:00 PM
Ooh, more worlds would be awesome, so long as they are as well done as the WA worlds (Egypt specifically). Though I don't really associate "Seasons" with "Vacations" such as the ski resort, so I wouldn't be all that surprised or disappointed to only get one world.

I do wish that we could add on sub-hoods like TS2, though, so I could make my own ski resort without having to fire up CAW and give up after a couple of hours of nonsense ;P I suppose that downloading "empty" or near-empty worlds from other creators and then using twallan's mod (traveller, I think?) would be about the same thing.

waiter, there's a conundrum in my soup
The Adom Legacy
Page 6 of 111