Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Apr 2022 at 1:00 AM
Default Is it possible to put jewelry on a Sim via BHAV?
In accessories made from glasses clones, you can put them on a Sim using the instance of the 3DIR file. But all jewelry uses the same instance. I'd wanted to have a jewlry crafting station, like the sewing machine.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 12th Apr 2022 at 2:59 AM
When recategorizing jewelry, you're only asked to change one set of the 3DIRs, the ones that deal with where the items show up. The others keep the original Group and Instance numbers, so they continue being individual items (the "Group" number in the Resource and Resource Tree refer to the "Instance" number in the 3DIR for those with resource node/SHPEs, which probably makes it a bit confusing).

Not sure how putting jewelry on a sim would work, but maybe you can check out the accessory stockings here, which I think is the closest I can think of: https://themeasureofasim.tumblr.com...ry-stockings-by
They're something like the tattoo boxes, but with accessories (regular ones). I'm guessing you'd have to do something like this, but go around the jewelry problem (and looking at how the BHAVs are done can be very helpful)
Alchemist
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Apr 2022 at 10:23 PM
Thanks. I didn't have the opportunity to reply before. Those stockings work the same way the accessories made from the glasses do. It uses the instance from the Collection line of the 3DIR to in the BHAV. The other 3DIRs in the jewelry don't have collection numbers at all, so I guess the next step is looking through the 3DIRs for a unique number.