Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#76 Old 5th Dec 2010 at 8:50 PM
In case anyone wants to know, I am using Longview to test this resource in, downloaded from the Sims 3 Forums.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#77 Old 5th Dec 2010 at 9:04 PM Last edited by simsample : 7th Dec 2010 at 3:24 PM. Reason: Typo again!
Thanks, Menaceman.

I also meant to add, that due to your testing, it would be good if people could test out worlds with 0x296A6258 UNK set to 01 00 00 00 00 00 02 00 00 00. That way we could check if the rabbitholes work correctly, and also food trucks, opportunities, etc.
Scholar
#78 Old 5th Dec 2010 at 10:51 PM
If someone wants to tell me how do modify the file or put the file up here and tell me where to put it, I can test it on my world which is well into play with quite a bit of saves. I could also test it on a fresh version that hasn't been played by removing the saves.

Let me know if I can help with testing this for you
Lab Assistant
#79 Old 5th Dec 2010 at 10:54 PM
I'm curious, what is the differance between the two types?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#80 Old 5th Dec 2010 at 11:40 PM Last edited by simsample : 11th Feb 2011 at 1:35 PM. Reason: Fixed link
Fluttereyes, and anyone else who would like to test, try this:
1) backup your files!
2) Install the world you want to test with, if it isn't already installed.
3) Go to Documents\ Electronic Arts\ The Sims 3\ Installed Worlds and find the world file for the world you want to test. Open it with S3Pe.
4) Download this: LINK
5) In S3pe, click Resource>Import>From File... and browse to the file you just downloaded. Click open, make sure 'replace duplicates' is selected and 'compress' is unselected. Click OK.
6) File> Save so that your modified world is saved.
7) Delete CASPartCache.package, compositorCache.package, scriptCache.package, simCompositorCache.package and the folder WorldCaches (if any of them exist) from Documents\ Electronic Arts\ The Sims 3.
8) Play the world! It's best if you can test without any mods installed (as certain mods like Awesome or Twallan's Overwatch can influence traffic). Also, make sure you have a backup of your valuable savegames, so that you won't lose anything if this explodes.
9) Please keep note of any glitches, broken things, odd things, good things that happen. You could also test some food trucks- download here if you don't already have them:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=427515
Both are in buydebug>Misc; you will probably have to place at least three parking spaces with trucks on to be able to readily notice them driving around in your world.

tilarium, Bridgeport is a city and it has different ambient sounds, a different tooltip/ world type icon, traffic ('fake' taxis) and the food trucks drive around. In a suburb (or town, a non-city) the trucks do not drive around, there is no taxi traffic, the ambient sound is more country-like and the world type is 'suburb'. I haven't managed to figure out if the test above will give us the city ambient sounds yet, though.
Test Subject
#81 Old 6th Dec 2010 at 12:05 AM
I can confirm that 01 00 00 00 00 00 02 00 00 00 adds fake taxis and makes the food trucks work! The city icon is also there, and the description remains intact.

Quote:
I haven't managed to figure out if the test above will give us the city ambient sounds yet, though.

Do you mean something other than the ambient sound produced by the shells? The downtown area of my city is full of city noise, which comes from the highrise shells!

I was also curious as to what would happen if I made the resource identical to the Egypt one (apart from the vacation destination option), and the results were quite interesting!

1. A special goods vendor appeared selling Egyptian visa-awards.

2. Household Sims would use a moped to move around opposed to a taxi.

3. Egyptian map music!

Especially #3 intrigues me, as I reaaaally want that in my custom world. The drawback is that nothing of these things appear without changing every byte (apart from the world category). There was also no world description.
Test Subject
#82 Old 6th Dec 2010 at 12:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Wow, that's great Menaceman! It's different from what I noticed in my custom world- if I set the resource to 01 00 00 00 00 00 02 00 00 00 then I wasn't noticing any of the fake taxis, so I'll try again in another world. If the city is getting the traffic and the city status, plus food trucks and the original World description, then that will be what we need to test with for a while. Good work!

LS_Bari, thanks for your nice comments! Yes, I tried importing the Bridgeport resources into a custom world, that resulted in the WDDT being broken, as mentioned in my first posts.

I did this before.

Quote: Originally posted by Theabf
I changed only the sixth byte of the suburb script to 02 before to finish world in the CAW.

It did not break the description nor the traffic.

Do I not know yet about the food's car, I have to test.

I changed the sixth byte to 02: 01 00 00 00 00 02 00 00 00

However, it seems the traffic sound is not in the world.

I TRIED BEFORE!!!!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#83 Old 6th Dec 2010 at 1:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Pyronium3
I can confirm that 01 00 00 00 00 00 02 00 00 00 adds fake taxis and makes the food trucks work! The city icon is also there, and the description remains intact.

Do you mean something other than the ambient sound produced by the shells? The downtown area of my city is full of city noise, which comes from the highrise shells!

I was also curious as to what would happen if I made the resource identical to the Egypt one (apart from the vacation destination option), and the results were quite interesting!

1. A special goods vendor appeared selling Egyptian visa-awards.

2. Household Sims would use a moped to move around opposed to a taxi.

3. Egyptian map music!

Especially #3 intrigues me, as I reaaaally want that in my custom world. The drawback is that nothing of these things appear without changing every byte (apart from the world category). There was also no world description.

Thankyou for the information, Pyronium3! Looking at Egypt, China and France it is only Byte 02 that differs, so that must be the specific byte that governs the music/ locale, since it varies in all three worlds. I guess the transport must be bundled in there too, because they use cycles in China, don't they, and mopeds in France/ Egypt?

That's interesting about the shells giving the ambient sound- I hadn't realised that! Although, I should have thought of it, since bird sounds come from trees.

Theabf, I apologise- I thought that you meant earlier that your traffic was not working, which was what I mistakenly found. By traffic sound, do you mean the car noises that the taxis make? Thankyou for testing this for me!
Test Subject
#84 Old 6th Dec 2010 at 2:51 AM
Theabf, I apologise- I thought that you meant earlier that your traffic was not working, which was what I mistakenly found. By traffic sound, do you mean the car noises that the taxis make? Thankyou for testing this for me!

Communication difficulties...

The noise traffic like in Bridgeport have not in the world that this script has changed. I need to change another byte.

Can anyone hear the noise traffic in world with script 01 00 00 00 00 02 00 00 00? I couldn't to test it correctly.
Test Subject
#85 Old 6th Dec 2010 at 4:23 AM
I dont understand what problems you are having here apart from the ambient sounds, i used this mod on a custom world i made and everything works fine same just like playing bridgeport, food trucks, trafic, rabit holles, opertunitys, etc.

Only problem i have is i cant reload a save, i get an error saying the save can not be loaded as a previouse expansion is missing.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#86 Old 6th Dec 2010 at 4:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Theabf
Communication difficulties...

The noise traffic like in Bridgeport have not in the world that this script has changed. I need to change another byte.

Can anyone hear the noise traffic in world with script 01 00 00 00 00 02 00 00 00? I couldn't to test it correctly.

Pyronium3 mentioned some ambient sound with the apartment shells- I'll have to put some in a world to test. But I'm not hearing any ambient traffic noise with the resource as 01 00 00 00 00 02 00 00 00.

Quote: Originally posted by Yuffi3
I dont understand what problems you are having here apart from the ambient sounds, i used this mod on a custom world i made and everything works fine same just like playing bridgeport, food trucks, trafic, rabit holles, opertunitys, etc.

Only problem i have is i cant reload a save, i get an error saying the save can not be loaded as a previouse expansion is missing.

Thanks for the repost Yuffi- I'm glad it all seems to be working okay. The main problem is that if you import the resource linked in my first post, the WDDT is broken. And as we don't know what else may be broken, that's why we are testing. Curious minds want to know everything, we aren't contented with just making it work!

Your problem with the save is serious though- could that be caused by this resource, I wonder?

ETA: And were your schools working okay?
Test Subject
#87 Old 6th Dec 2010 at 5:38 AM
WDDT whats that?

Yeah my school is working fine no problems there at all, opertunities related to schools work ok too.

the save problem could be realated to this resourse im not 100% sure though, realy need to find out if the other testers are able to load saves, but i can get around that problem by copying over the Meta.data from a diferent save, i did try the world on my other pc with a fresh instal of the game and still had the save problem on that pc, but from what i have read on a post about that is the Meta.data is related to what expansions you have instaled on the save.

If you need any testing on anything specific let me know as i have a fully playable custom world almost compleat.
Test Subject
#88 Old 6th Dec 2010 at 5:41 AM

I don't have problems.

I only ask to check the noise of traffic, because we are testing.

Quote:

I think the problem is because the byte 00 should be 01 to work correctly.

01 00 00 00 00 02 00 00 00

I can to save properly.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#89 Old 6th Dec 2010 at 5:51 AM
WDDT whats that?

The world descriotion; see the first image in my first post in this thread. That world had a description, but this resource broke it. Therefore, we don't know what other things it may break without us knowing- it was, after all, designed specifically for one world- that being Bridgeport.

Also please bear in mind (sorry to keep repeating myself for those who have already read this) Yuffi3:
This is IN TESTING as we do not know the full implications of this modification. Please backup any files before editing them, and please don't upload or share any worlds made using this mod until we know it's not going to ruin save games. Please be sure to read the ENTIRE thread and understand the problems we have found with it before using it in your worlds.

Edited to add- thanks for that information, Theabf!
Test Subject
#90 Old 6th Dec 2010 at 6:14 AM
I have ambient trafic noise from the taxis.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#91 Old 6th Dec 2010 at 2:23 PM
Yuffi3- yes, I have the taxi sounds, but the ambient sound we were referring to was distant traffic noise (beeping, sirens, engines revving etc.,) which Pyronium3 mentioned may be linked to the Apartment shells, not the world itself.
Test Subject
#92 Old 6th Dec 2010 at 7:46 PM
Thankyou for the information, Pyronium3! Looking at Egypt, China and France it is only Byte 02 that differs, so that must be the specific byte that governs the music/ locale, since it varies in all three worlds. I guess the transport must be bundled in there too, because they use cycles in China, don't they, and mopeds in France/ Egypt?

Yep, China has bikes and France/Egypt has mopeds! I experimented somewhat more with those settings (I know, this is about making cities, not locations - sorry :p) and it seems that changing only byte 02 doesn't change anything (Except for removing the description). In fact, you need to change all the bytes (except 06, which I had set to 02) to get the certain location characteristics.

Regretfully, that means this file can't be used to make worlds that are neighborhoods with just no cars, or just location music. They'll always have all the location characteristics or none at all.

So far, this is what I noticed when I included the Egypt file (01 00 48 DB 59 08 02 00 00 00) but still set to a city:

- No world description
- Egyptian music
- Egyptian NPCs: names, hairstyles, clothing; applied to all NPCs including mixologists, paparazzi, townies, etc.
- All Sims living in the hood would have the Egyptian nationality icon.
- Landmark tombs have the correct logo, and there's explorers throughout the world visiting these.
- Special goods vendor selling Egyptian visa awards moves into town and has a logo in map view.
- Both the relic and general goods registers sell items like they do in Egypt, plus, the food register now also sells Egyptian food.
- All NPCs walk to their destinations, there's no traffic except for the fake taxis (Because it's set to city world).
- The default mode of transport for your household Sims is a Moped (not for children), opposed to a taxi. This can still be set to any car you own.
- It still functions a as city, with fake traffic and working food trucks.

I playtested for a little while and noticed no issues. Jobs and schooling worked flawlessly, sims would age (was afraid this might not be the case with the Egypt files), could save and load just fine, etc.

I also tested to see if worlds with this resource imported would export correctly, and they do.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#93 Old 6th Dec 2010 at 9:37 PM
Wow, that's some great research, thanks Pyronium3! I know a lot of people have wanted to know how to keep the location characteristics in a playable world, so this will help a lot.

(I know, this is about making cities, not locations - sorry :p)

That's okay- the more we can find out about this resource, the better!

Regretfully, that means this file can't be used to make worlds that are neighborhoods with just no cars, or just location music. They'll always have all the location characteristics or none at all.

It also means we can't have a city as a vacation destination too, of course. So no 'Sim City' weekend breaks!

Thanks for all of the information- it's great news to know that having byte 06 set to 02 doesn't break anything regarding jobs, rabbitholes or opportunities. And it's also good to know that we can have a neighbourhood full of French/ Egyptian/ Chinese named simmies! I know someone who will be very glad about that!
Mad Poster
#94 Old 7th Dec 2010 at 2:23 PM
Just a quick bit of info. I placed a single apartment lot from the library into my test world and noticed NO change in ambient sound. Maybe more than one apartment is required for it to make a difference.

I did see a burglar run inside while I was watching though. :P

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#95 Old 7th Dec 2010 at 2:31 PM
Hmm, I'm not hearing the ambient sounds Pyronium3 mentioned, either. Perhaps it is only linked to certain shells?
Test Subject
#96 Old 7th Dec 2010 at 2:30 PM
It's possible only the really big ones generate the sound. One thing I've also noticed is that when I'm in map view, the sound is only audible when you rotate the camera in a certain way.

It's weird, but when I look one way, there's no sound, and when I turn the camera the other, there is.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#97 Old 7th Dec 2010 at 3:06 PM
Could be similar to the fog markers- they seem directional too for the visible fog.
Lab Assistant
#98 Old 7th Dec 2010 at 7:55 PM
it could be the fog emitter... you might insert a key then it makes city sounds XD
Lab Assistant
#99 Old 13th Dec 2010 at 1:17 PM
any news??
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#100 Old 13th Dec 2010 at 1:47 PM
Yup- we've always been at war with eastasia.
Locked thread
Page 4 of 9