Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Statue of Life: Updated 11/22/10

by Kolipoki Posted 21st Jan 2010 at 6:51 PM - Updated 22nd Nov 2010 at 4:20 PM by Kolipoki

465 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 385 Feedback Posts, 79 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 19
Test Subject
#26 Old 23rd Jan 2010 at 5:23 PM
This looks really great! i can really use the impregnate feature for when my stubborn simmies just won't get pregnant!

Only problem is, everytime I try to download, it tells me the link is broken. Is this my computer? Or is it a problem with the file? I see that many have downloaded it successfully, so it must just be me. I'll try again later and see it that has any effect. At any rate, great mod, looking forward to using it!

What are we afraid of when it comes to facing fears? And life is only temporary but death lives on for years.
Test Subject
#27 Old 23rd Jan 2010 at 8:03 PM
Hi i have downlaoded it and bought it in game but it doesn't come up with anything when i click on it, how do you use it#?
Test Subject
#28 Old 23rd Jan 2010 at 10:28 PM
please heeeelp !!! i really want this mod but i dont know how to use . I have installed in mods/packages folder but i dont see it in the game !!! please help!
The Attack Cat
retired moderator
Original Poster
#29 Old 24th Jan 2010 at 3:42 AM
The links are not broken for me. As for installing, following the install instructions and if that does not work you probably need the reference file that you get when you get Delphy's Install helper.
Mad Poster
#30 Old 24th Jan 2010 at 8:57 AM
Amazing idea ! Wooot it sounds great to use ! Thanks a ton for sharing this fantastic creation
Test Subject
#31 Old 24th Jan 2010 at 2:08 PM
I myself downloaded it and found it in the game but when you click on it it says no interactions. Nothing happens. Just a pretty statue sitting in my living room. I will try to re-install it again and see what happens.
Test Subject
#32 Old 24th Jan 2010 at 5:59 PM
hey,i downloaded it,placed in mods folder,but when I start my game after sims 3 intro the game quits...what's the problem?:/
Test Subject
#33 Old 24th Jan 2010 at 8:43 PM Last edited by Pirate001 : 24th Jan 2010 at 10:09 PM.
Hello, I am getting a similar problem to what cbreidxo is having, every time I try to extract the file from WinRAR I get the message 'C:\Users\Content.IE5\VD4O9QZL\MTS_Kolipoki_1050376_Kolipoki_StatueofLife[1].rar: Unexpected end of archive'
or occasionally a second message saying the file is corrupt, any ideas on what I need to do here?

EDIT: It's working now, I just updated to the latest patch and it appeared.
Thanks for a very good mod.
The Attack Cat
retired moderator
Original Poster
#34 Old 24th Jan 2010 at 10:23 PM
Like i have said before, you will need the resource file that is given by Delphy's Install Helper, it should make custom interactions work.
Instructor
#35 Old 24th Jan 2010 at 11:27 PM
If I understood It Correctlly, I must first control the ghoust before resurect Him/Her. Am I wright? Can anybody tell me If there Is a way to get a controlable ghoust? Because I have never gotten an oportunity from the lab. Maybe there Is a mod for that?
The Attack Cat
retired moderator
Original Poster
#36 Old 25th Jan 2010 at 1:15 AM
Well you only get the opportunity when you play as a sim who dies but still have someone else to play as. You don't just get it randomly for people who've died without you playing/knowing them.
Test Subject
#37 Old 25th Jan 2010 at 2:53 AM
I've installed the Statue into my game, and I found it in buy mode..but when I put it in my sim's house it said "no interactions available". I already have a resource.cfg file and everything. You mentioned needing the one from Delphy's Install Helper? I also tried downloading that but there wasn't a resource.cfg file with it.
The Attack Cat
retired moderator
Original Poster
#38 Old 25th Jan 2010 at 3:14 AM Last edited by Kolipoki : 25th Jan 2010 at 3:34 AM.
It automatically places the resource.cfg in it (or it used to). What exact file are you downloading, no recharge or recharge.

@sims3blog - Thank you for bringing that to my attention, I am currently working on fixing it.

@Ketsumei - It does not work with any type of Male pregnancy because it is not within the original EA code.
Test Subject
#39 Old 25th Jan 2010 at 8:29 AM
No recharge. I found that it automatically places it in there (silly me lol), but my game still says that there aren't any interactions available.
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 25th Jan 2010 at 3:42 PM
Thanks for making I tried it in the game the statue appears and it say no action available please help I know I am using the right statue.
The Attack Cat
retired moderator
Original Poster
#41 Old 25th Jan 2010 at 9:17 PM
Okay, so i believe that its not the resource file, it's actually the d3dx9_31.dll which needs to be in your Game/Bin folder.
Test Subject
#42 Old 26th Jan 2010 at 3:04 AM
OK, so I have the quick installer and that made it appear in my game, and the d3dx9_31.dll file is in the bin folder, but its still says that theres no interactions with it. could it be because i have WA installed? Is it because i have game version 2.3.33.003001? Or something totally diffrent? (Everything is in its proper folder for mods.)

PLEASE HELP! I REALLY WANT THIS MOD!
Test Subject
#43 Old 26th Jan 2010 at 3:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kolipoki
Okay, so i believe that its not the resource file, it's actually the d3dx9_31.dll which needs to be in your Game/Bin folder.

Alright, thanks! I'll try that. Hope it works!
Test Subject
#44 Old 26th Jan 2010 at 10:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sims3blog
i have world adventures, version 2.3 and the mod worked fine.

the only extra thing that happened is after my sim gave birth she still had the pregnancy moodlet n kept touching her belly as if she was still pregnant even though she wasnt

mine was nauseous
anyway, great mod, thanx!
Instructor
#45 Old 26th Jan 2010 at 5:20 PM
Well no opurtunity for me. I played with Agness, the one whos husband died (Eric Darling). She even worked In Lab, she got old, but no oportunity to resurect her husband. There must be some cheat on It, But I didn't find It.
Test Subject
#46 Old 27th Jan 2010 at 1:41 AM
Ahh I'm stuck!
Okay, my d3dx9_31.dll file is in the bin folder!
It shows up in my game, but no interactions!
I have helper monkey which threw everything where it is supposed to be..
What's the problem!?
..I really want this Mod!
H - E - L - P !
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 27th Jan 2010 at 1:21 PM
yay for immediate pregnancies. bye to waiting around forever for my sim to give birth. now i can have a dozen minion babies in my household in like, a few hours. woo! thanks.
Test Subject
#48 Old 27th Jan 2010 at 9:26 PM
Ok, I have the resource file, the d3dx9_31.dll file, everything in its place but it just doesn't work. I have WA installed, so first I thought that they weren't compatible, but after reading some comments above, I realized that something else is going on. Please held, I really want to try this mod!
The Attack Cat
retired moderator
Original Poster
#49 Old 27th Jan 2010 at 11:37 PM
Update 1/27/10
5 new interactions have been added as well as a change in the name of the old Speed up Pregnancy to Have Baby.

All i can suggest Ennis is to try the newest update.
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 4:48 PM
Just wanted to thank you again, At first I could not get it to work in the game. Duhhh it was the dll file that need to be in the game bin. Now it works fine and I just love it.
Page 2 of 19