Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Statue of Life: Updated 11/22/10

by Kolipoki Posted 21st Jan 2010 at 6:51 PM - Updated 22nd Nov 2010 at 4:20 PM by Kolipoki

465 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 385 Feedback Posts, 79 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 19
Test Subject
#51 Old 29th Jan 2010 at 1:10 AM
i have everything in the right folders but when i click on the statue it say no interaction HELP!!!!!
The Attack Cat
retired moderator
Original Poster
#52 Old 29th Jan 2010 at 2:23 AM
@angelmario do you have the d3dxl file?
Test Subject
#53 Old 29th Jan 2010 at 4:01 AM
wait is there a package and a resource file? cuz i didnt see the resource file when i extracted this awesome mod! and its still not working. but now that i think about it ALL of the moded items i downloaded custom interactions arnt working. is there something im not doing right?
The Attack Cat
retired moderator
Original Poster
#54 Old 29th Jan 2010 at 5:05 AM
Like I have said in the additional installation in the bottom of my post you need the d3dx9_31.dll file which is easily added by installing Delphy's Install Helper Monkey.
Test Subject
#55 Old 29th Jan 2010 at 1:13 PM
Thank you so much! That's what I've been waiting for!!!
Test Subject
#56 Old 29th Jan 2010 at 5:56 PM
i have the dll file
Test Subject
#57 Old 30th Jan 2010 at 2:47 AM
i have the d3dxl file
Test Subject
#58 Old 30th Jan 2010 at 6:38 AM Last edited by chely : 30th Jan 2010 at 7:33 AM.
I can't download it I am using zipitfree. It says failed to set data for
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 30th Jan 2010 at 3:22 PM
awesome now i don't have to wait so long for the mom to finally give birth
The Attack Cat
retired moderator
Original Poster
#60 Old 30th Jan 2010 at 3:56 PM
@angelmario do you have WA?

@Chely try using WinRAR
Test Subject
#61 Old 30th Jan 2010 at 3:55 PM
yes i have WA
The Attack Cat
retired moderator
Original Poster
#62 Old 30th Jan 2010 at 4:08 PM
@angel then i believe you need to put the d3dxl file in two places.
Quote:
* Download the d3dx9_31.dll from here
* Place the downloaded file in the same location as your TS3.exe. This is usually

Image:TS3 game-bin path.png

* For World Adventures, you need to also copy it to the same place as your TS3EP01.exe file. This is usually C:\Program Files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 World Adventures\Game\Bin\
Test Subject
#63 Old 30th Jan 2010 at 5:45 PM
i think what your saying is have the dll file in WA gamebin and in the reguler sims 3 game binn. if this is what your saying then i already have the dll in those bins
Test Subject
#64 Old 31st Jan 2010 at 5:20 AM
Switching the dll file works! it made all my custom interactions work in my game!

thanks kolipoki!
Test Subject
#65 Old 31st Jan 2010 at 7:28 AM
I used WinRAR it didn't work ethier I don't remember what said I uninstalled yesterdat
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 31st Jan 2010 at 12:05 PM
For people who have World Adventures.

From "TS3 Install Helper Monkey"
Q. Does this work with World Adventures?
A. No, it doesn't.

You'll need Framework Installer tool. That is what it said: (http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...g_Package_Files)

Because I tried that Helper Monkey but it wont work on WA. So, I uninstalled all of them and used Framework Installer instead. It did run well. Now, I already have two resources and d3dx9_31.dll files for both Sims 3 and WA in the "...\Game\Bin" folders. But "no interactions available" is still here in my game, even I already installed Framework Installer. =/

Oh well, I'll keep trying. =)
Test Subject
#67 Old 31st Jan 2010 at 7:58 PM
I was having the same issues with not being able to use the object in game.

I tried installing the Framework Installer without uninstalling anything else and it worked just fine with WA!
Test Subject
#68 Old 1st Feb 2010 at 1:59 PM
Thanks for sharing this mod.
I've got WA and 2.33 patch and it works fine.

I'm loving it. :lovestruc
Test Subject
#69 Old 1st Feb 2010 at 3:24 PM
Awesomeness tyvm.
I have WA 2.33 patch and works fine except for one thing....

When my sims are already pregnant, and i choose the "Have baby" option, my sims have the baby, but then, after the labor, they are still pregnant, and then they go through labor again, and again, and again, until i reach the limit of 8 sims.

PLEASE READ

Im not from a place where we talk english

So sorry if i misspell something :D
Test Subject
#70 Old 1st Feb 2010 at 10:37 PM
I reinstalled WinRAR I am getting

! C:\Users\Chely\AppData\Local\Temp\MTS_Kolipoki_1053393_Kolipoki_StatueofLife.rar: Cannot create Kolipoki_StatueofLife.package
! Access is denied.
! C:\Users\Chely\AppData\Local\Temp\MTS_Kolipoki_1053393_Kolipoki_StatueofLife.rar: No files to extract
Test Subject
#71 Old 1st Feb 2010 at 11:44 PM
i still cant get it to work and i have framework and helpermonkey. and the dll file is in both bins HELP!!!
Test Subject
#72 Old 3rd Feb 2010 at 12:17 AM
So when i try to install this with the monkey thing it says access denied to the folder it suppose to go in. I have version 1.2.7.. If someone could help me out that would be great! really want to utilize the pregnancy option.
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 3rd Feb 2010 at 7:05 AM Last edited by DarkCougar555 : 3rd Feb 2010 at 8:31 AM. Reason: Add some words and edit the grammer.
Updated - Oh, wow, that's so cool!! I love your mod! I now am able to impregnate my girls with any man, even to pause their pregnancies. Ha ha =P Yes, yes. Finally, it's work!

EDIT - Feb 3, 2010 12:30 am: I forget to say one thing. My roommate have his WA and he just tried it without uninstalling everything else (except the Helper Monkey thing), and he followed some of what I did. It is work for him as well.

Now, I don't know if ModtheSims allows tips for everyone.. But, I really hope this is helpful tip for people who have WA. Noted, I have Window Vista laptop. I don't know if it is work for anybody who do not have Window Vista. Be remember, you don't have to follow exactly what I did.

Okay... Be sure that you back up your saves from the game first. Same with Mods folders from EA folder in the Program Files.

1.) I just followed what TS3 team said for the latest patch (1.9/2.4), so I backed up my saves and Mod folders. But I completely and manually uninstalled the Sims 3 (and Sims 3 WA too) cos I had an issue with the EA Download Manager that was disconnected. Yeah, it was a bug.

(It was disconnected between my game and the EA Download Manager. I tried to fix the disconnection for EA Download Manager so many times (even with the help from Sims3.com and others). So, I never bother to fix it since it was nothing work. I also want to uninstall the EA Download Manger as well).

In a case - if you have a similar problem as mine, you might want to do uninstall the EA Download Manager. It's up to you. If you don't have a problem, then there is no need to uninstall it.

If you don't want to uninstall the WA & TS3, don't do it. It was just for my preference to uninstall all TS3, WA, and EA Download Manager.

3.) I already uninstalled the Helper Monkey but I forget to delete all Helper Monkey folders in my program files (Computer > Program Files > Mad Scientist Monkey Helper [or something]). So, I deleted 'em all.

--> But if you don't have or don't download the Helper Monkey and/or the folders, just skip to the number 4. If you do, be sure to uninstall it first (Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a program) and then to delete all folders that are related to the Monkey Helper.

NOTED - the Monkey Helper won't work with WA. It is better to not download it at all.

4.) I didn't uninstall or delete the Framework Installer. I just left it alone. So, it's better to not uninstall or delete it. =) In a case, if you don't have a framework installer, you can download it from my previous comment.

--- EDIT: I forget to say a few things. You'll need to delete two resource.cfg and two d3dx9_31.dll from your TS3 & WA folders in the program files and "...\Games\Bin" folders. ---

5.) Now, I restarted my laptop...

6.) I re-installed all TS3, WA, and EA. Firstly, TS3 was re-downloaded & updated to 1.9v, secondly, EA was fully connected (Finally, no more disconnection for my EA! Yay yay.. =P), and lastly, WA was re-downloaded & updated to 2.4.

I still didn't put my saves and Mod folders back, yet. You'd better to not put them back, yet.

6.) Now, I can use the Framework Installer to open it, and then to click on the "Install" button. It worked well. so, the framework Installer should place everything in your TS3, WA, and "...\Games\Bin" folders a such thing as a resource.cfg, a d3dx9_31.dll, and etc.

Now, you can put your Mod folders and saves back to where they exactly were before. That was what I did.

7.) I ran my game to test it to see if there is no "no interactions available". Fortunately, I'm so happy that is work! I can click any button: impregnate, youngize, and etc!! There, you should have no problem if everything goes well (hopefully, it work for you).

Now, you can try to follow what I did if you want to. It's up to you. Be remember, you don't have to follow exactly what I did. But, I really hope that is work for you guys. *crossing fingers*

Oh, wow, I didn't realize my comment is so long! Sorry about that. ^^

- DarkCougar555

PS - I know my grammar is not prefect.. I just do my best to explain it clear. ^^ If you don't understand what I said, please let me know. Thanks~
Test Subject
#74 Old 3rd Feb 2010 at 9:47 PM
i uninstalled helper monky and just have framework now but it still says no interaction
Test Subject
#75 Old 4th Feb 2010 at 2:30 AM
For everyone that says its not working, make sure the d3dx9_31.dll is in the WORLD ADVENTURES Game\Bin folder as well as in the SIMS 3 game\bin folder. this made my custom interactions work WITH world adventures. DONT GIVE UP THIS IS AN AWESOME MOD!
Page 3 of 19