Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers needed for a twins only hack

by LizzLove Posted 31st Oct 2004 at 4:56 AM - Updated 14th Oct 2008 at 7:55 PM by Christy1077

431 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 428 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 18
#76 Old 5th Nov 2004 at 6:07 AM
i just registered today....and have never put in a patch since the game's release. but i am wonder where the extracted 'twins' file should be placed? (just in case i'm wrong) i'm soooo excited to try this out
Test Subject
#77 Old 5th Nov 2004 at 6:25 AM
So far I've tried it and it works good except with the telescop hack.. take one hack out for play.. guess no twin aliens LOL
Field Researcher
#78 Old 5th Nov 2004 at 6:40 AM
Others have had the telescope and this hack work. What kind of problems are you running into?
Lab Assistant
#79 Old 5th Nov 2004 at 7:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by missologist
i just registered today....and have never put in a patch since the game's release. but i am wonder where the extracted 'twins' file should be placed? (just in case i'm wrong) i'm soooo excited to try this out

Unzip the file. Then put the .package file in the My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Downloads/ folder.

geocities.com/saramkirk
Merge Pleasantview, Strangetown, Veronaville. Keep terrains/deco, houses, relationships!
#80 Old 5th Nov 2004 at 7:26 AM
thanks so much saramkirk! i just unziped it and tested it on an existing family...which produced twins! boy and a girl. thanks so much! i've wanted twins for the longest time and it just never happened till now!! wooo
Test Subject
#81 Old 5th Nov 2004 at 8:18 PM
I also tried the twinhack both the original and the edited one, and after I installed the edited hack, I got 3 set of twins from the same parents. One of the sets was aliens... Strange looking family. I had twins before, but I created a new neighborhood called Twintown, for ...yes, families with twins
Lab Assistant
#82 Old 5th Nov 2004 at 8:46 PM
I tried the first hack and i came out with a single baby, then i tried the second hack and now i have a set of human boys and a set of alien girls one day apart!!! Hopefully the painting came save them (i JUST learned about the painting and i've been doing it w/o til now)!!!!
[ Edited Fri Nov 05 2004, 12:49PM ]

"I'm offended by your attempts to not offend me"
"Anatidaephobia: The fear that somehow, somewhere, a duck is watching you."
"Where in the rhyme does it say Humpty Dumpty was an egg?"
♥Robyn♥
Field Researcher
#83 Old 5th Nov 2004 at 10:34 PM
Ah yes, that painting is a godsend for parents with twins!
Test Subject
#84 Old 6th Nov 2004 at 10:56 AM
I tested both the original and edited.

original:

male abduction produced single birth
female pregnancy produced single birth

edited:

male abduction produced twins
female pregnancy produced twins

I plan on doing further tests in a few days. [color=violet][/color]

Check out my Sims 3 Legacy Challenge Story

Image in avatar is "Regeneration" by Jonathan Earl Bowser
Test Subject
#85 Old 9th Nov 2004 at 12:27 AM
I have tried 3 preganacies since installing metorolas and Lizzies and neither of them resulted in twins what am I doing wrong? I put it in the right folder its not working!

lalala..sims 2
Test Subject
#86 Old 9th Nov 2004 at 12:28 AM
&| I have tried 3 preganacies since installing metorolas and Lizzies and neither of them resulted in twins what am I doing wrong? I put it in the right folder its not working! ?!

lalala..sims 2
Test Subject
#87 Old 9th Nov 2004 at 7:31 AM
I tested the edited version yesterday, made two new female sims, got them pregnant and the result? Two sets of twins, all girls.
Test Subject
#88 Old 9th Nov 2004 at 7:32 AM
I tested the edited version yesterday, made two new female sims, got them pregnant and the result? Two sets of twins, all girls.
Lab Assistant
#89 Old 9th Nov 2004 at 9:51 AM
I have tried this for many days, and always got the same results, -twins.

Here there are a picture with tree pair of twins.
Right after birth the mom got pregnant... so here they have 6 children with diapers. Phu...

[color=Blue]look at the photo here[/color]
Test Subject
#90 Old 9th Nov 2004 at 11:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by 9308
I downloaded Merola's edited hack and it works like a charm--truly awesome!!! It even gave me twin aliens when abducted (which was accomplished with the abduction hack lol). Great job! I recommend it.

Me too. My abducted sim had twin alien babies after the patch installation. !amazed
Test Subject
#91 Old 9th Nov 2004 at 12:46 PM
I tested Merola's version and my poor sims... LOL i tested by getting two male sims abducted in the same house the same night and thought no biggy it may not work on my game... HA! omg they are having a heck of a time dealing with TWO sets of alien twins the same age at the same time LOLOL so yes yes yes it works ...

Creativity feeds your mind, it's never limited by your creativity but moreso by the boundaries your mind puts in place~
#92 Old 9th Nov 2004 at 4:48 PM
LizzLove Patch:

3 pregnancys = I got twins only the first time... I put the patch before my sims got pregnant!

Merola edited patch:

5 pregnancys = 5 sets of twins!

I guess the one edited by Merola work's well!

Test Subject
#93 Old 9th Nov 2004 at 5:15 PM
I really love twins but I don't want them all the time is there a way to make a option when in bed/hot tub to have the option try for twins and at the telescope search for 2 or something as I would not like to keep placing it and deleting it all the time thx
Test Subject
#94 Old 10th Nov 2004 at 2:30 AM
*sigh* okay i guess i was dumb but here is the problem i ran accross with the twinsonlypatch... i had a woman get pregnant while the patch was still installed.. i had forgotten about her because she was living in a seperate house from the two men i tested on.... anyways she got prego with the patch installed and once i got done testing w/ the men i removed the patch before letting her have the pregnancy done and it crashed that neighborhood... uggg so anyways glad it was a test neighborhood i made myself and not a neighborhood that i have been playing for months... just thought i'd mention that cuz it kinda sucked having it crash by removing the patch.

Creativity feeds your mind, it's never limited by your creativity but moreso by the boundaries your mind puts in place~
Test Subject
#95 Old 10th Nov 2004 at 12:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 573
Yes by popular request I did a small hack and believe I have a package that causes all births to be twins. I have only had time to test with one family, but they did have twins. A boy and a girl.

While one test is not enough, the code was simple enough that I am sure it will work everytime.

So if you want twins just put unzip this file and place it in your downloads directory. If you don't want twins anymore just move it back out.

It will need some serious testing to make sure everything went ok, and since it takes 5 sim days to find out it it worked, the more people the better.

Note: my test was to get a sim pregnent after I installed the patch. It would be nice to know if it also works on existing pregnacies.

PS.... I am still digging for the code that determines if a baby is born male or female. I think I have found the right Bhav files, but they are long and nothing has jumped out at me yet.

Here is the package, since it is only one bhav file it is very small.

I have to thank Quaxi for SimPE!
If not for him and his wonderful program I would have never dug down this far into the object package and found this.
Hex editing is kinda fun, but sooo slow, and hard on the eyes. %-6

[file=e107_files/public/4573_twinsonly.zip]4573_twinsonly.zip[/file]

I downloaded the twins yesterday, put in download folder after unzipping. Had two pregnancys, niether of which resulted in twins. Maybe I did something wrong but sadly, only one child.

I'll try again and see what happens.

miss marigold
#96 Old 10th Nov 2004 at 1:18 PM
How bout going for tripplets? well they say that wimen are baby factories (hell im gonna cop lots of **** for that comment ha!)
Lab Assistant
#97 Old 11th Nov 2004 at 8:16 PM
hi , I LOVE THIS !!!! i had a sim already preg before i put this in however she only had 1 baby thats ok with me :-)how ever then she got pre again after i installed this and for the 1st time ever i have Finally had twins 1 girl and 1 boy I LOVE THIS thanks alot !!!!!! :-)
Test Subject
#98 Old 11th Nov 2004 at 9:00 PM
I think it would be good that once this whole twin thing gets figured out... if there were new "try for baby" options like "Try for Baby" then "Try for Twins" Try for..." etc up to like 7 babies at once.... if nothing else it'd be nice to be able to choose between having normal or twins so you dont have to constantly move the patch in and out...

Just an idea for when the twin thing gets fixed up so you dont need to make new sims for it to work reliably (or at least thats what i gathered from Saramkirk's post)
Lab Assistant
#99 Old 12th Nov 2004 at 3:03 AM
I tried Merola's hack, and it works!
Cassandra Goth has three sets of twin in a row! Helena and Hera, Cleopatra and Clymnestra, and... Remus and Romulus.
My other sim also has a set of twin girls.

The conclusion is, every single concepcion that occur after I had the hack is appear into twins.

Great jobs. :D
#100 Old 12th Nov 2004 at 6:41 AM

I just downloaded and put the twins only from lizzy in my download's folder, started the game, went to the house with the family I wanted to try it on and I get them in bed relaxing, then they disapear and in the same second they are standing next to the bed. I can't even get to click on them to get them to do it at all. I'm about to shut the game down, and try the edited patch. I didn't feel like going through the other page of posts to find out if this has happened to anyone else because I'm tired. brb
Page 4 of 18