Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers needed for a twins only hack

by LizzLove Posted 31st Oct 2004 at 4:56 AM - Updated 14th Oct 2008 at 7:55 PM by Christy1077

431 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 428 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 18
#101 Old 12th Nov 2004 at 6:52 AM

Ok, I tried the modified patch, and the game poped up with an error that the game crashed and it closed it down. No go on either patch for me.
Field Researcher
#102 Old 12th Nov 2004 at 9:45 AM
can this patch be made with the option of having 1 or 2 babys? Id love to be given the choice or even a 50/50 chance? Thanks for listening
Lab Assistant
#103 Old 12th Nov 2004 at 9:16 PM
Yeah, this is a really good idea... Please you can do this option? :D
Field Researcher
#104 Old 12th Nov 2004 at 11:58 PM
Using Merola's updated verision I have successfully had twins with every pregnancy except those already in progress when the patch was added. Those pregancies were singles (I have never had a twin birth before the patch). Since the patch I have had multiple births of girls who appear identical (hair, eye and skin the same); boys who appear identical; boy and girl with same eyes and hair and boy and girl with different hair and eyes.

Used now for 28 twin pregnancies while running fast through other game play (on two computers with only other patch/hack in place was the expresso machine) I have grown most twins through teen years and 2 sets to adulthood. I seem to have normal results and no issues.

I am gleening 'normal results' from reading about twins born naturally bu those lucky enough to have had twins without a patch and nice enough to post about the experiences. Twins have a higer relationship score to each other then to other sibs and identicals are higher without intervention by childhood.

Removing the patch results in twins from existing pregnancies and back to singletons in subsequent births.

The only guestion this raises is Maxis' assertion that the % of twins is determined by what one eats unless they emant before pregnancy as it seems twins are determined at conception. I had several pregnancies in progress on two computers when I removed the patch and all of those ended in twins and then all parents went on to having singletons thereafter.

Come visit www.variousimmers.net where my original objects and recolors now reside. The site hosts many other creators, moddres and developers.
Test Subject
#105 Old 13th Nov 2004 at 12:50 AM
three Pregancies and all Twins, Thanks my neighboorhood is growing FAST!
Test Subject
#106 Old 13th Nov 2004 at 10:57 AM
i would just like to say, thank you soooooooooo much for this!!!!

i have tried like crazy to get twins, ive made tons of little brats..i mean kids, in an effort to have twins. I even reloaded a birth 25 times, to try and get twins.

As soon as i installed your patch i selected one of my families and got the lady up the duff. 3 days later, my first set of twins!!!!

Im dashing off to try again, as it was a girl and boy, want same sex this time.

But seriously, massive thanks xxxxxx!!!!!!
Test Subject
#107 Old 14th Nov 2004 at 10:24 PM
i have a question. do you have to use WinZIP on this file?
Test Subject
#108 Old 15th Nov 2004 at 2:01 PM
I've been using Merola64's version of this hack and although it does cause every birth to be twins, I've found that it also prevents free will from functioning in my game. I wasn't sure what was doing it so I moved all my hacks to a separate folder, loaded the game, and free will worked. Then I moved them back one at a time and loaded the game up each time and it was when I moved the twins hack back that my Sims started standing around like idiots again. So now if I want to have twins I put the hack in, get my Sims to try for a baby, and then when my Sim is pregnant, close the game and move the hack back out again. It's a bit of a nuisance but I guess at least this way my Sims won't be having twins ALL the time.
Field Researcher
#109 Old 15th Nov 2004 at 2:24 PM
I've had no problem's with Merola64's twin hack edited version, free will works fine, if I forget to tell my sims what to do, they either play on the computer or there video game on there TV and sometimes they'll take the garbage out or be affectionate towards each other

I'm the one that's gonna die when it's time for me to die,So let me live my life the way I want to!.-J.Hendrix
#110 Old 15th Nov 2004 at 2:29 PM
LizzLove, This is awesome!!! I have not had any problems with it and my families are growing fast!!

Many Many Thanks
#111 Old 15th Nov 2004 at 5:07 PM
Hey.. I've installed this patch and I've only tried once for twins, but it worked.. And I can say that I never had twins previous to the patch. But agreeing with Elven_Ranger... I'd really like it if you could make a patch that gives both single births, twins and maybe triplets... And have it be at random, not the same everytime... THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GREAT WORK!
Test Subject
#112 Old 15th Nov 2004 at 6:28 PM
Well, I have tested Merolas64's twin hack and I have to say it’s worked for me 100%. I was just wondering if there's anyway to increase the chances of having identical twins. So far I’ve been having fraternal twins which is okay but it would be nice if I could have identical twins. Thanks
Test Subject
#113 Old 15th Nov 2004 at 7:05 PM
what about triplets? hahahahahaa, I'm so funny! !amazed
Test Subject
#114 Old 15th Nov 2004 at 7:29 PM
I have the Merola64 edited hack and it gave me twins with a husband and wife, and then the next with the husband and an alien abduction. No problems.
#115 Old 15th Nov 2004 at 8:40 PM
This is sooooo confusing! Can someone post the one that works best?
Test Subject
#116 Old 15th Nov 2004 at 8:43 PM
I would be honored to test it out for u.

I am Amy and yes I have a problem.. I am a sims addict and I admitt it freely.
Lab Assistant
#117 Old 15th Nov 2004 at 9:04 PM
The one that works best, as far as I know, is Merola64's version. You can get it here: http://72.9.230.162/e107_files/public/2089_twinsonlyedited.zip
Test Subject
#118 Old 15th Nov 2004 at 11:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by silentwarrior202
Well, I have tested Merolas64's twin hack and I have to say it’s worked for me 100%. I was just wondering if there's anyway to increase the chances of having identical twins. So far I’ve been having fraternal twins which is okay but it would be nice if I could have identical twins. Thanks

I've had only one set of twins in the whole entire game and they were identical. i don't know how i got them just luck i guess. But if you really want identical :! you could try saving right before the birth and then keep restarting from there until you get identical twins. well that's my idea!
Test Subject
#119 Old 16th Nov 2004 at 12:02 AM
Ok the edited works great, I had like 40 somthings sets of twins but something strange...one house I filled with the max of 7 sims, then I moved out 4 of the children out as soon as they where adults and I only had a single pregnancies until I went back to the neighborhood and back into the house.

Loosing faith in Humaity one person at a time..........
Test Subject
#120 Old 16th Nov 2004 at 2:51 PM
I have tried to save right before the birth many many times in order to get identical twins but with no success. Thanks for the suggestion though.
Lab Assistant
#121 Old 16th Nov 2004 at 8:35 PM
I used Merola's version, no twins for existing pregnancies, but it worked for the new pregnancies...Thanks.
Test Subject
#122 Old 16th Nov 2004 at 11:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by silentwarrior202
I have tried to save right before the birth many many times in order to get identical twins but with no success. Thanks for the suggestion though.

oh, well maybe i will think of something else but i doubt it. why don't you post a picture of some of your twins!!
Test Subject
#123 Old 16th Nov 2004 at 11:38 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/Tae/Screenshot.bmp here are my identical twins, except one has blue eyes and the other brown!
i'm sorry the picture is so small

[ Edited 16-11-2004 11:45PM ]
#124 Old 16th Nov 2004 at 11:55 PM
One question.. you unzip it into my documents/ea games/sims 2/downloads right? Because after I installed the patch I had one of my sims get pregnat, but she only had a single birth, and I waited about a sim day and the other baby never arrived or anything..

I'll try again. lol
Instructor
#125 Old 17th Nov 2004 at 2:15 AM
okay.. so I tried this out and it worked and all a couple times.. then I tried it with The Smith Family (Jenny Smith, i think thats her name.. and her alien husband dude) in Strangetown.. and something truly strange happened.. lol is it just me

[img]e107_files/public/24584_snapshot_6d7b3369_6ea52eb6.jpg[/img]
<span class='smalltext'>[ 24584_snapshot_6d7b3369_6ea52eb6.jpg ][/i]

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
-Ferris Bueller
Page 5 of 18