Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#251 Old 22nd Mar 2006 at 8:26 PM
I'm new to this but I'm here for one thing...When i became a criminal mastermind i got a extremely gay suit. Is there a way I can change the criminal mastermind outfit to everyday clothes or something?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#252 Old 3rd Apr 2006 at 11:06 AM
Default Career prevents families loading...
I have OFB and followed all of the instructions in the Career Procedure instructions and, but the career prevents me from loading any famlies in the game. How do I get past this problem?
Consciously Undead
retired moderator
#253 Old 3rd Apr 2006 at 4:23 PM
Is it EP ready Ydde?

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate
Test Subject
#254 Old 9th Apr 2006 at 3:34 PM
Can you put those in zip cause I really, really want to make my own career but sadly I have no rar extractor and it won't download onto my computer. So, porfavor? lol
Field Researcher
#255 Old 21st Apr 2006 at 1:34 AM
okay i realize that this is just a reference thread as the ofb SimPE has dramatically changed appearantly, but i download careers all the time on the boards that are compatible with ofb, so someone must have been able to figure the new SimPE out...i'm a beginner at this, and i'm continually looking through this tutorial but i'm still competly lost, i would appreciate a reference to a step by step picture tutorial using the newest version, but i would settle for anyone helping me as i'm a deticated and complete computer doofus student...
Test Subject
#256 Old 1st May 2006 at 10:12 PM
where do I go to get the newest SimPE download
Test Subject
#257 Old 1st May 2006 at 10:42 PM
Google is your friend.
Lab Assistant
#258 Old 12th May 2006 at 11:42 PM
I'm with staciew1; I'd really like to see a tutorial updated for the OFB version of SimPE. I'm no computer expert, but I can follow directions (especially if there are no steps left out). Who's the person to beg? It would be much appreciated.

Test Subject
#259 Old 13th May 2006 at 5:16 AM
Yes I'd love a new one writen for OFB SimPE please!! Especially so I can make careers that do not write over other ones! I'd love anyone who did it.. well at least for awhile. Hehe. No seriously I would love any help. Thanks!

Chami
"When at first I appear I seem delirious, When explained I'm nothing serious."
Test Subject
#260 Old 15th May 2006 at 5:41 PM
As a newcomer to this website, and direct modding as a whole, I would like to thank Psion for posting this document. Even though I have the new version of SimPE, I find the document extreamly useful and concise. I only hope that soon there can be an updated version which includes the new SimPE and Bidou's Career Editor plugin.
Test Subject
#261 Old 2nd Jun 2006 at 1:12 AM
I can't even get the files to open!
Part-time Hermit
#262 Old 2nd Jun 2006 at 4:44 AM
nkb07, you have to be more specific about your problem. Which files do not open?
Test Subject
#263 Old 4th Jun 2006 at 8:38 PM
i just downloaded the very latest version of SimPE with bidous career editor. i also downloaded the base careers thing and open the file ep2basecareer.. and pressed bidow career ediotor. now i see it lets me edit but i want to know.. do i have to change the #'s like old times?? can someone please tell me how to start do i have to make a new file how do i get it to not overwrite? what should i save as.. there doesnt really seem to be enough documentation about the new system. and. i have used the old ways back before any eps.. ive successfully made careers with the old layout and i recall changing some #'s around that would permit it to not overwrite. also how should i go about changing the imgs and how do i make a custom rewards object??
Test Subject
#264 Old 20th Jun 2006 at 10:03 AM
thanks for the tutorial
Test Subject
#265 Old 4th Jul 2006 at 10:43 PM
can you make it the read file in a zip (i don't have nor understand winrar) please?
Part-time Hermit
#266 Old 5th Jul 2006 at 4:41 AM
kitty<3, here is a tutorial for extracting rar files.
Test Subject
#267 Old 5th Jul 2006 at 1:51 PM
How do i get the tutorials?
is there a link to follow?
Part-time Hermit
#268 Old 5th Jul 2006 at 2:03 PM
You download the attachment(s) in the first post.
Test Subject
#269 Old 5th Jul 2006 at 3:24 PM
Career Template and Career Package.
I don't get the first two steps...
Test Subject
#270 Old 19th Jul 2006 at 3:00 PM
Wow! thats a big explanation!
Test Subject
#271 Old 3rd Aug 2006 at 2:23 AM Last edited by IgnorantBliss : 3rd Aug 2006 at 4:52 AM. Reason: edited to combine posts
can someone please email me it, I can't download rar.
My email is: [email protected]

Do you absolutaly need Simpe?
Part-time Hermit
#272 Old 3rd Aug 2006 at 4:53 AM
mrs.T, why can you not download a RAR?

Yes, you absolutely need SimPE for this.
Test Subject
#273 Old 4th Aug 2006 at 5:53 AM
Im currently remaking the criminal career track but I am stuck in making a chance card for Criminal Mastermind. Can some of you give me ideas? I don't like the default one, with a whole Doomsday Device scheme. i was thinking of something Mob-related. please reply.
Test Subject
#274 Old 14th Aug 2006 at 7:05 AM
Default help please.
i followed your guide to the dot... and yet when i test my career, it doesnt show up in-game... any idea why?

i copied the package file and pasted it in the downloads folder after closing SimPE, if that helps.

I like sleep....
---------
~Soon bandos will rule the world!! Just you wait...~
Test Subject
#275 Old 1st Sep 2006 at 6:24 AM
Question: I was trying to create a template file, but I'll need to open a file called 'package.xml' using SimPE, but I can't! SimPE refused it by saying:

Exception of type
System.OutOfMemoryException was
thrown.
[Details]
[Get Support] [OK]

Can anyone help?
Page 11 of 14