Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#301 Old 25th Jan 2007 at 8:03 AM
paddylocks, you need to search for

afbodydresslongloose

in the search box (actually your old search should come right back up when you click the finder again)

Then you need to search with your eyeballs in the list to find the different parts - 4 of them.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#302 Old 26th Jan 2007 at 12:55 AM
Am I at the good place?
I searched a lot and even got lost on the site, searching for a place to ask... In fact, I just have a question about hellborn's Vertice Mapper.

I forgot to create a remap file at the beginning and I already modified my mesh with wings3d. I was wondering if I could use it without redo everything from the beginning and how I could do this?

thanks in advance for any answers,
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#303 Old 26th Jan 2007 at 2:43 AM
Naegi, I'm afraid I don't know the answer to that question. You will have to try things. If you have the original obj file still, maybe you can map it and then use hellborn's thing however it works, but I don't know.

Good luck with your experiment. If not, I've redone meshes before myself, the good thing I found is that doing the edits the second time usually went a lot more quickly.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Test Subject
#304 Old 26th Jan 2007 at 12:14 PM
It's me again, I was only wondering if it could not be something else I did wrong.

In the beginning, when I was extracting the different part of the mesh, there was something strange : I did it 2 times and in bodyshop, that was the wrong thumbnail coming with my package. I took an existing mesh from the base game though. But when I was importing it in wings3d, it was the mesh I wanted to modify so I continued that way. Could this change the result? I didn't succeed to create a good remap file, so it's my last try to find an answer, I will go back silently to my mesh after...
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#305 Old 27th Jan 2007 at 1:21 AM
Naegi, I'm sorry I'm at a bit of a loss, because I cannot see exactly what you're seeing. The thumbnails will not update with every edit, but ought to look like your base Maxis mesh. When you click the thumbnail your changed mesh should appear on the sim, even though the thumbnail isn't updated. (The game doesn't expect the mesh to change after it's in the game). Perhaps you should delete your two old recolor files from Saved Sims and import a new base maxis mesh recolor. Then redo the part where you put the modified shape and cres into it.

Lab Assistant
#306 Old 30th Jan 2007 at 9:21 PM
I can't seem to be able to double click afbodydresslongloose _tslocator_gmdc because it says it has an error?

яαcћεℓℓε<3
Pass the ribbon around if you know someone that has survived, died, or is living with cancer.
(())
//\\
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#307 Old 30th Jan 2007 at 9:52 PM
fadedkisses did you install all the 'must have these things' stuff with your simpe? Go back to the SimPE site and check.

Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#308 Old 31st Jan 2007 at 5:33 AM
FadedKisses you need to put the picture on a public webspace area or edit your message (or go advanced when you first post) and 'manage attachments' to upload here. We can't view pictures on your C drive.

Lab Assistant
#309 Old 31st Jan 2007 at 5:56 AM
Oops, deleted the post, I have attatched the photo, it's really weird! Any idea what it is?
Screenshots

яαcћεℓℓε<3
Pass the ribbon around if you know someone that has survived, died, or is living with cancer.
(())
//\\
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#310 Old 31st Jan 2007 at 7:42 AM
You're using basic meshtool. That sort of exploded mesh usually happens when you delete or add points to a mesh assuming you did this with milkshape (or if you used a program that tends to change the vertex order - there are special plugins for... I think blender and wings). You should be able to start again from the spot where you read the obj file into the 3d editor, do your edits (only move vertices) and then use meshtool to make your gmdc and then put that one into your meshfile with simpe.

Test Subject
#311 Old 4th Feb 2007 at 8:29 PM
I followed the guide exactly, and everything seemed hunky-dory, until I actually tried to view my new mesh in action at the end. The the old mesh is still there when I try to view it in body shop. Any ideas in what's going wrong?
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#312 Old 4th Feb 2007 at 10:30 PM
Infocenter: Frequently Asked Questions

Mesh: The modified mesh does not show up in bodyshop!
http://www.modthesims2.com/article.php?t=131405

Test Subject
#313 Old 5th Feb 2007 at 1:18 AM
I am having a slight problem. at Step ten, its nt really that complicated, but Im still having trouble. When I type in "Sims04.package" the computer searches for time, than comes up with nothing! The box that has all the files and stuff in it is empty.(sorry I fell in love with the smiles, they're soooo cool! :lovestruc :lovestruc )
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#314 Old 5th Feb 2007 at 1:32 AM
You don't type in 'Sims04.package' you look with your _eyes_ further down the list. You searched for 'afbodydresslongloose' and now you're looking through the results to find the 4 parts.

You go to the window, and you scroll down in it until you find the first part of your mesh, when you double click on it it should close the finder window and bring up the list, where you find that part and extract it.

Then you click on the finder tab and it should bring up your search results again, scroll further down (note that they are organized by what file they came from) and look for the next part. And so on.

Test Subject
#315 Old 5th Feb 2007 at 4:36 PM
Default Help!
i dont understand how to get to bodyshop! HELP ME PLEASE!
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#316 Old 5th Feb 2007 at 5:15 PM
lex,

#1 bodyshop comes with your game
#2 if you don't know how to use bodyshop, this part of the site is going to be beyond you. Go start over here: http://www.modthesims2.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20 and look at the tutorials.

Test Subject
#317 Old 5th Feb 2007 at 9:01 PM
thanx for your help! I was really confused!
Test Subject
#318 Old 6th Feb 2007 at 1:40 AM
I am having a problem with step 49. Where do I find this file?
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#319 Old 6th Feb 2007 at 2:27 AM
Okay, way way back at the beginning you make a 'working' folder where you save out the 4 mesh parts, and then you probably also saved your obj file there. That's where to find the 'original gmdc'. The original gmdc is one of the 4 mesh parts. It's 'original' because it's not been modified (and you won't ever be modifying that file)

Test Subject
#320 Old 6th Feb 2007 at 10:01 PM
so I checked in the working folder, however all that is there is my modified files.(modified shape, modified cres.) I check step 3 of your tutorial, it says to save that file in savedsims. I went there, and I found the file, but once I tried to upload it, it said that it could not upload the file fully. So i quit, and tried again, only to find that nothing was in ANY of the folders in the Sim2 folder! I am really confused and want to see my final mesh. HELP!

I thank you for your exelent info and patience with my stupid questions
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#321 Old 7th Feb 2007 at 5:33 AM
Way back at the beginning, in part II, the first thing you need to do is find the 4 parts, make a meshfile, fix integrity, and then also save out the modified cres and gmdc. You built the mesh file. I don't know where you put the original 4 parts, you need to relook at that. You did save an _entire_ file (with all 4 pieces in it) to your downloads folder.

Test Subject
#322 Old 8th Feb 2007 at 12:49 AM
Default body1?
ooooh, so do you mean the body1 folder? O! I get it now! Thanx 4 ur patience!
Test Subject
#323 Old 8th Feb 2007 at 12:56 AM
When I go to open ANY of my folders, there is nothing in them! IS there something I can do to help this?
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#324 Old 8th Feb 2007 at 2:10 AM
kerry, I have no idea what you did, I can't look over your shoulder. I never said in the instructions to make a 'body1' folder. I suggested to save your milkshape projects out and name them something like body1, body2, etc, so you can keep a history of edits.

I suggest you start over. Go slow. Read carefully. Pay attention to where you are putting your files. You should have *1* folder that you make that is your 'work folder' for this project. Over time it should contain 4 mesh pieces, the modified shape and cres, and your milkshape project files AND your new gmdc files. You will also save your MESH file into your game 'downloads' folder and you'll be editing a recolor file from your 'saved sims' folder.

When you open ANY of your folders there is 'nothing' in them? Are you looking at them from your desktop/OS?

Test Subject
#325 Old 8th Feb 2007 at 11:49 PM
: Maybe I do not clearly understand which file in which folder you are talking about. I have tried all the things above but nothing has worked. Take me through EVERY SINGLE thing you do from the moment you click "load sims 2 mesh file" untill we have downloaded it. I have gone back and checked everything to make sure I have all the right files in the right folders. I feel really dumb because everybody seems to know what they are doing, but Im all confused, and its probbally because Im 11, but i feel like a total IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Page 13 of 21