Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#226 Old 1st Mar 2005 at 6:17 PM
Gah! The correct mesh shows in bodyshop until I delete the files stated in step 25 and I can't figure out why this is happening.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#227 Old 1st Mar 2005 at 9:09 PM
holy f*ck this actually works! I'm scared, those things usually don't work for me first time :D

only one problem remains...too many polygons they got in their models! my eyes can't take it! :D

oh, and praise to WDS BriAnna :D
Test Subject
#228 Old 2nd Mar 2005 at 2:25 PM
Hello all,

I guess my problem is the one that have been encountered in a few posts in that thread :
I can see a modified mesh in BodyShop but it shows my changes partially and also some changes on some places that I have not change any thing.
I guess that modeler program removes some of the vertices or something like that.
I am using Wings 3D and I also made test with blender (this one gives me worst results).
I am trying to found a solution with free software.

If any one can give me any information I will appreciate.
At the moment I am trying to understand the obj file format to check if my guess is right. But I don’t understand the way ‘vt’ ‘vn’ ‘f’ and so lines are used (understand only ‘v’ lines :-/)

Any way thanks to all for all that good work.
Jpaul
Ps : sorry for my poor english hoping I am not too difficult to read.
Test Subject
#229 Old 2nd Mar 2005 at 2:34 PM Last edited by MisterV : 2nd Mar 2005 at 3:25 PM.
now, I had a wierd prob, really:
I did everything allright through the tutorial, but since the start (since the first time you say to check the thing in bodyshop) the picture in Bodyshop was allright but the cloth as shown was completely different! it was a red top with whitish trousers (and I had chosen a formal gown)!
hah, that's so random it had me laughing! :D

I guess I'm a big loser and will have to go through the tutorial again? :D

oh, yeah, the same problem i just had, again! I did a top, went up to step 25, went to check the thing in Bodyshop and - same thing! instead of my top it shows a regular brown t-shirt!

I'm clueless... well, almost. Only one thing differs from the things mentioned in your tutorial. one small thing. But in this business everything counts, so here it is: in step 22, when you say "delete the shape and node marked [userfile]", I can clearly see that in the screenshot they are marked, but with me, they aren't! (im using the latest SimPE, version 0.22.1885.2495)

strange enough, as you may see from my last post, when I did it first time it worked okay (up to step 25 and the first check, at least)

so, yeah, please help :D
Test Subject
#230 Old 2nd Mar 2005 at 4:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MisterV
I did everything allright through the tutorial, but since the start (since the first time you say to check the thing in bodyshop) the picture in Bodyshop was allright but the cloth as shown was completely different! it was a red top with whitish trousers (and I had chosen a formal gown)!

oh, yeah, the same problem i just had, again! I did a top, went up to step 25, went to check the thing in Bodyshop and - same thing! instead of my top it shows a regular brown t-shirt!

I'm clueless... well, almost. Only one thing differs from the things mentioned in your tutorial. one small thing. But in this business everything counts, so here it is: in step 22, when you say "delete the shape and node marked [userfile]", I can clearly see that in the screenshot they are marked, but with me, they aren't! (im using the latest SimPE, version 0.22.1885.2495)

strange enough, as you may see from my last post, when I did it first time it worked okay (up to step 25 and the first check, at least)

This is exactly the same problem I'm having. I start with the dress shown in this tutorial and the first time it tells me to check in bodyshop The little thumbnail pic is the correct dress but when I click on it it shows a formal gown that has a completly different mesh and style. And I've tried this over like 20 times and I get the same results everytime and I have clicked the commit button wherever it said to click it and I followed all the steps just as it said to do it.

- Sharon
- The Sims Boutique
Test Subject
#231 Old 2nd Mar 2005 at 4:29 PM
Default Hope this will help
Yesterday I had quite the same in BodyShop :
The custom mesh I was choosing was different that the one BodyShop was using. I thought may be all the tests I have down were involved with that problem so I created as directory sav_SavedSime and sav_download and move every tests in teh respective directories to empty directory save sims and download. Then I made a test calling BodyShop checking that there was not any more custom to choose : it was Ok. Then I generate my last test in downloads (blender one) and then I was able to see that blender result was worst then Wings 3D one. But confusion between customs meshes were gone...
Jpaul

Test Subject
#232 Old 2nd Mar 2005 at 5:22 PM Last edited by MisterV : 2nd Mar 2005 at 5:43 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by jpaul
Yesterday I had quite the same in BodyShop :
The custom mesh I was choosing was different that the one BodyShop was using. I thought may be all the tests I have down were involved with that problem so I created as directory sav_SavedSime and sav_download and move every tests in teh respective directories to empty directory save sims and download. Then I made a test calling BodyShop checking that there was not any more custom to choose : it was Ok. Then I generate my last test in downloads (blender one) and then I was able to see that blender result was worst then Wings 3D one. But confusion between customs meshes were gone...
Jpaul

well, it's not really a confusion between custom meshes, because I havn't even changed the default mesh, but Ill try, thanks I just hope my Bodyshop doesnt crash, with me removing the downloads manually.

EDIT: doesn't work :fallen:

Life runs mostly on "Sudden Death" mode.
Test Subject
#233 Old 2nd Mar 2005 at 8:19 PM
MTS2 not working
After following the instructions in this tutorial, I clicked on the Load 3d file button in MTS2 and chose the edited mesh OBJ file from Milkshape, but the next button Load sims mesh remains grayed out and I cannot proceed.
Test Subject
#234 Old 2nd Mar 2005 at 9:20 PM
Hum this looks like if your obj file is wrong.
If you still have a copy of the one exported bye SimPe, try to load it, it should work OK. If yes this will confirm that the problem comes from your modified obj file.
For information : my version of MTS2 shows a popup window (see attachement) telling that the loading of the obj file is done? Do you have that windows ?

Jpaul

Quote: Originally posted by CharmeC
After following the instructions in this tutorial, I clicked on the Load 3d file button in MTS2 and chose the edited mesh OBJ file from Milkshape, but the next button Load sims mesh remains grayed out and I cannot proceed.
Attached Images

Lab Assistant
#235 Old 2nd Mar 2005 at 10:49 PM
Seems like a fairly common problem after the check at number 25, as mine doesn't show up either. And I don't think it's anything to do with SimPE version as I have tried it with both 1.5 and 2.2. It's a shame as it's a very well done tutorial, I hope there is a solution to this problem.
Test Subject
#236 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 12:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Aner-Dyfan
Seems like a fairly common problem after the check at number 25, as mine doesn't show up either. And I don't think it's anything to do with SimPE version as I have tried it with both 1.5 and 2.2. It's a shame as it's a very well done tutorial, I hope there is a solution to this problem.

Yeah I wish I knew what was causing this problem, I'm kind of releived that it's not just me getting this problem as I was convinced I'd done something wrong but after like 20 attempts I was starting to think it wasn't a problem caused by my lack of meshing knowledge.

- Sharon
- The Sims Boutique
Test Subject
#237 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 12:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jpaul
Hum this looks like if your obj file is wrong.
If you still have a copy of the one exported bye SimPe, try to load it, it should work OK. If yes this will confirm that the problem comes from your modified obj file.
For information : my version of MTS2 shows a popup window (see attachement) telling that the loading of the obj file is done? Do you have that windows ?

Jpaul

This happened with v0.9.29, I got no message at all after clicking on Load 3d file and choosing a file. However if I click on Object wizard instead then I do get the "Finished reading obj file" message. Later I tried MTS2 v0.9.46 and none of the buttons is grayed out in this version, but when I click on them there's also no message telling me if the file was read successfully, on clicking Save file I get a message saying File saved. I replaced the Geometric data container in my edited mesh file with the resulting SimPE file from MTS2, and then opened up Bodyshop, the mesh looks totally unchanged, I repeated all the steps in the tutorial several times and still can't get the new mesh to show up. I think MTS2 simply did not convert my OBJ file successfully, while it seemed to have worked for lots of people here
Lab Assistant
#238 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 1:50 AM
Quote:

I'm also having this problem with the latest version of SimPE.
This is the first time I've had this problem--and it's only occurred since updating to the more recent version of the program (version 0.22).

Instead of showing the formal gown I'd chosen to edit (the loose gown), Bodyshop showed another formal gown (the tight one with shoes showing). I'm completely clueless as how to proceed here. Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be?
Test Subject
#239 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 2:04 AM
There is another thread on this under modding and then tools,
not modeling tools. It was posted by FoxyRoxyNYC, I believe.
I did not update my SimPE and it still works. Several people
are having the same problem.
Bill
Lab Assistant
#240 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 2:10 AM
Is there any way for me to re-download a previous version of SimPe?
Test Subject
#241 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 2:16 AM
You can check the website and see if they have it.
My version is 19.1877.6526 and it works.
It seems the problems started with version 20 from what I have
read. You can also check your hard drive and see if you still
have the rar file that had an earlier version. I deleted mine, sorry.
Bill
Lab Assistant
#242 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 4:32 AM
Bah! Didn't have an older version on the hard drive, but I was able to download version 0.15 in .rar file.
It's under the "outdated" section.
Happily, I think it will work for my purposes
Test Subject
#243 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 5:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CharmeC
This happened with v0.9.29, I got no message at all after clicking on Load 3d file and choosing a file. However if I click on Object wizard instead then I do get the "Finished reading obj file" message. Later I tried MTS2 v0.9.46 and none of the buttons is grayed out in this version, but when I click on them there's also no message telling me if the file was read successfully, on clicking Save file I get a message saying File saved. I replaced the Geometric data container in my edited mesh file with the resulting SimPE file from MTS2, and then opened up Bodyshop, the mesh looks totally unchanged, I repeated all the steps in the tutorial several times and still can't get the new mesh to show up. I think MTS2 simply did not convert my OBJ file successfully, while it seemed to have worked for lots of people here

I am also using the v0.9.29.
My sugestion was, to check if this is comming from the contain of your obj file, to try to load in MTS2 the file exported by SimPE without modification and check if you have thye popup windw.
What kind of modeler do you use ?
I, I have tryed with Wings3D and Blender.
There is no problems during the tuto except that I have to load the file in notepad to change the o bottom|body|top line to gbottom|body|top and of course excep^t also that the result is a modified mesh but not exactly the one that I want.
I have made my test with a bottom.

But for me the tuto is Ok.
Jpaul
Lab Assistant
#244 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 10:00 AM

I'm having the same problem. I followed the tutorial EXACTLY, but all I get in BodyShop is the red shirt and white pants. I have no idea what to do.
Lab Assistant
#245 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 10:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tomorrow
I'm having the same problem. I followed the tutorial EXACTLY, but all I get in BodyShop is the red shirt and white pants. I have no idea what to do.

Using SimPE 0.15 fixed that. Now it's using the new mesh,but it's screwed up. Oh well, a different problem, at least.
Test Subject
#246 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 10:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by crechebaby
I'm also having this problem with the latest version of SimPE.
This is the first time I've had this problem--and it's only occurred since updating to the more recent version of the program (version 0.22).

Instead of showing the formal gown I'd chosen to edit (the loose gown), Bodyshop showed another formal gown (the tight one with shoes showing). I'm completely clueless as how to proceed here. Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be?

I get the very same thing happening I choose the loose formal gown and all I see after step 25 is the tight gown witrhh shoes showing.

- Sharon
- The Sims Boutique
Lab Assistant
#247 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 12:48 PM
sharon,
I uninstalled SimPE 0.23 and went back to the SimPE download page and downloaded SimPE 0.15 (it's in .rar format, instead of a self-installing EXE.. just extract everything into your *empty* SimPE folder).
Problem fixed! I'm now able to mesh as usual, and will continue to use this version until the updated version has been fixed.
Lab Assistant
#248 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 12:53 PM
oh, by the way. I adore your site and I especially like your latest update. who knew elderly men could be so stylish?? :D
Test Subject
#249 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 4:43 PM
Ooh! thanks crechbaby I will go get the older version on SimPE later and hoefully I'll be able to learn a bit about meshing.
Lab Assistant
#250 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 5:30 PM
WOOHOO!!!!

I've got it working! You need SimPE 1.5. Get is in the 'outdated' section of the site. Do everything in the tutorial, and then in order to view the model properly at (20) you need to move the mesh_* file into the savedsims directory. Move it out when you move onto the next step and edit the mesh. SimPE 2.2 does not work. I said that 1.5 doesn't work ealier but thats because I didn't move the mesh. Do'h.
Locked thread | Locked by: tiggerypum Reason: Outdated, replacement tutorial posted
Page 10 of 54