Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#1301 Old 29th Apr 2018 at 8:30 PM
Wine is on the house for contestants
Advertisement
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1302 Old 29th Apr 2018 at 9:05 PM
ok guys, links are caught up I am giving everyone a few more hours to get stuff in, but after that I will just have to call in judges to get the links. We only have 8 in so far! I know two people are late due to being sick, and one is just moved so am not pushing... too hard :P
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#1303 Old 29th Apr 2018 at 9:36 PM Last edited by maxon : 6th May 2018 at 1:00 PM.
Default SimPetra
So here's my build for the final round. I'm just about happy with it. Blimey, it's been a bit of a rollercoaster ride for all of us hasn't it?

When I first found out about Petra (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petra) and saw the pictures, I was ... amazed. That something like that could exist, could have been made so far out in the wilderness of the desert, was stunning. Of course, at the time, I'm pretty sure the Nabataeans knew what they were doing and it perhaps wasn't quite so much of a wilderness then as it is now. Still, talk about iconic. I think pretty much everyone has seen pictures of the Treasury (al Khazneh), but Petra itself is quite a large site (you need walking boots and plenty of stamina) and must, at one time, have been a large settlement. Given it was a trading capital, that goes without saying perhaps. This is a good site if you want to find out more and ogle some stunning pictures: https://www.bugbog.com/gallery/petra_pictures/ and this Google Maps page is outstanding: http://www.google.com/maps/about/be...ew/treks/petra/

So, this is my tribute to the Nabataeans and their amazing capital. Of course, nowadays Petra is uninhabited - there are lots of people there (tourists and local vendors of comestibles) but no-one actually lives there anymore. But this is a sim lot, not an archeological site, so I decided to make it a tribute, not a copy. I built a version of the Treasury and made it into a restaurant and also a version of the most distant monument, Al Dier, which I made into a bathhouse. I built a cafe (did you know there is a drinks stand or stall at every stopping site at Petra? Needed as it happens, because it's so blasted hot you need to keep hydrated), added a garden and decided, as it's an old trade capital, that a market might be suitable. Sims can soak in the hottubs in the bathhouse or get a massage, can drink coffee and smoke a hookah at the cafe and play chess on the cafe roof or sit in the cooling shade of the garden and enjoy the sound of running water in the blazing sunshine. Later, at night, they can enjoy a gourmet meal in the Treasury Restaurant, perhaps followed by a little star-gazing at the Place of High Sacrifice (the alternative route into Petra). I also inserted, as you can see, the Siq - the crack (basically) in the surrounding rock which gives access to Petra valley. This was impossible to get narrow enough and also had to be squeezed in at the front of the lot. Still, I enjoyed making it - that build took a bit of working out. I wanted to do more with the buildings but ... time and I've not been well so this will have to be good enough. I also avoided for this version putting in tills - I used katvip's stall holder models instead. I think if you were to build a desert locale like this, you'd need to default your NPC outfits - otherwise it would look odd. It was bad enough with the waiters, cook and barista. Having said that, this would be nice for a market lot for a vacation destination.

Theme: Desert
Lot: Simpetra in SimJordan
Lot size: 6x6
Price: $271,865

Required pictures - I've included two pictures here of the facades of the two main buildings because they were very difficult otherwise to show in pictures as I had, in particular, shoved the Treasury in sideways (so to speak). The floor plans I did separately because it's a huge lot and you can't really see the details if I try to take a picture of all the buildings at the same time.

Facades

Extra Pics

The floorplan pictures uploaded to the post had to be split because they were too large and I left out the facades here.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1304 Old 29th Apr 2018 at 10:23 PM
Top Secret Researcher
#1305 Old 29th Apr 2018 at 10:27 PM
Impressive lot, @maxon. And you found some cc that I hadn't seen! And camels! I particularly like the latticed-type arches and that hanging lantern (I looked all over for something like that).
I don't envy the judges this time round!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#1306 Old 29th Apr 2018 at 10:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by yavannatw
Impressive lot, @maxon. And you found some cc that I hadn't seen! And camels! I particularly like the latticed-type arches and that hanging lantern (I looked all over for something like that).
I don't envy the judges this time round!

I love that set - I think it's quite old. I'll retrieve the name in a minute. I liked the screen so much I used it twice.

Edit:
The files have the ID JS and there are three sets called Casablanca - a living, a bedroom and a kitchen set. I love them all. I'm definitely keeping them.

here: https://archive.tehsims.com/mirror/...onation_28.html
Though that says it's a donation (really?? After all this time?) so I guess I got them from the Booty.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#1307 Old 29th Apr 2018 at 10:52 PM
Well, I've got my AGS working again. So as my back allows, I will work on the lot and still try to get it finished for the sake of completion. But I can guarantee it wont be up till at least late tomorrow.
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#1308 Old 29th Apr 2018 at 11:09 PM
Yay, so glad AGS is working again!

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Top Secret Researcher
#1309 Old 29th Apr 2018 at 11:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
I love that set - I think it's quite old. I'll retrieve the name in a minute. I liked the screen so much I used it twice.

Edit:
The files have the ID JS and there are three sets called Casablanca - a living, a bedroom and a kitchen set. I love them all. I'm definitely keeping them.

here: https://archive.tehsims.com/mirror/...onation_28.html
Though that says it's a donation (really?? After all this time?) so I guess I got them from the Booty.

Awesome, thank you! I downloaded so much cc that I thought I'd delete most of it after this contest, but I do like them so I think I'll have to create some more Middle Eastern families and community lots.
Instructor
#1310 Old 30th Apr 2018 at 1:15 AM
Hi everyone

I am so sorry but I won't be finishing this contest..

My daughter was in a car accident yesterday and had to be life flighted to Columbia, MO..she broke one of her vertebrata and they really can't do a lot with that..since your spinal cord is in that..and she broke her pelvic bone and she is going into surgery first thing in the morning..she is the first on the list..she can't move one of her legs..so not sure if something happened to the spinal cord with that vertebrata..or if she is in so much pain that she can't move it..

At first all she knew was her name and when my son John showed up she didn't know who he was at first..but she is talking and coherent and then she had a huge gash in the back of her skull..they stitched that up last night..

I have no way of getting up there or back..it's a 45 minute drive from Jefferson City to Columbia and then the University is on the other side..so all I can do is rely on what John, her boyfriend DJ and her say..she won't let me talk to the doctors..

I am waiting for her to wake up DJ said she just went to sleep..and then in the morning he's calling me when she goes into surgery..

She did get to talk to her 3 kids..and their dad is going to try and get them up there to see her..and DJ said he was going to try and get her over to Fayette when she gets out to see them before he takes her home..he hasn't left her side..

Renee is only 33..5'2" tall and weighs only around 100 to 125 pounds..

So this contest is pretty much over for me..I can't concentrate to do it..I am so sorry..
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1311 Old 30th Apr 2018 at 1:47 AM
BIG HUGS @broomhilda61 and prayers too
Mad Poster
#1312 Old 30th Apr 2018 at 1:49 AM
Holy cheese, Broomhilda, you've got much more important things to stress over than building a sims house!

We really need to get a coven or something together and lift the Contest Curse. This sucks.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Space Pony
#1313 Old 30th Apr 2018 at 2:13 AM Last edited by Kukamuukaanmuka : 30th Apr 2018 at 10:40 PM.
Strongs, hugs and prayers to @broomhilda61

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1314 Old 30th Apr 2018 at 2:14 AM
Yes! We definitely need to lift this curse!
Top Secret Researcher
#1315 Old 30th Apr 2018 at 2:18 AM
Wow, broomhilda, you really don't need to apologise! I hope your daughter pulls through ok. Take care.
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#1316 Old 30th Apr 2018 at 2:25 AM
Praying, Broomhilda! (((hugs)))
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#1317 Old 30th Apr 2018 at 3:22 AM
I hope everything works out Broomhilda.

Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1318 Old 30th Apr 2018 at 3:39 AM
We are officially on Judge's time and I FINALLY remembered to only give them a week when it no longer matters really. And Jones I put a note on the sheet you would be a tad late
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#1319 Old 30th Apr 2018 at 3:51 AM
@broomhilda61 (((Big Hugs))) Praying.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#1320 Old 30th Apr 2018 at 7:07 AM
Praying too, @broomhilda61 - you and your daughter will be in my thoughts.
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#1321 Old 30th Apr 2018 at 8:23 AM
So sorry to hear your news @broomhilda61. I will remember your daughter and your family in my prayers.

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Mad Poster
#1322 Old 30th Apr 2018 at 8:23 AM
Hoping your daughter makes a good recovery, broomhilda61.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Mad Poster
#1323 Old 30th Apr 2018 at 10:05 AM
I am so sorry to hear your awful awful news Broomhilda. I'm sure she'll get the very best care she possibly can, from my experience trauma care staff are where health care really shines. Will be praying and hoping surgery and post-surgical recover goes well.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Instructor
#1324 Old 30th Apr 2018 at 1:44 PM
Hope everything works out! Hugs @broomhilda61
Mad Poster
#1325 Old 30th Apr 2018 at 5:13 PM
@broomhilda61 - OH! What terrible news! My prayers are with ya'll I hope she pulls through everything and is back to normal soon.
I was 20 when I had my head-on collision: I, in a little chevette going about 15mph -vs- a big ole pick-up doing at least 55mph. It was NOT pretty. I was in the hospital for 10 days or more, and then had pretty intense therapy for a year after, but I survived. She will too {{{hugs}}} It sounds like she has good support around her :lovestruc She and your family have been added to my prayer chain.

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths

Page 53 of 59