Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No School for Teens. Updated 07/07/2006

by Bobcatben Posted 13th Jun 2006 at 4:06 PM - Updated 21st Oct 2006 at 9:53 PM by Bobcatben : Updated compatibility info.

64 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 57 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#26 Old 6th Jul 2006 at 3:30 AM
it makes them not go automaticly, but you can send them to school if you click on a bus comeing for a child sim, or if you use a car in nightlife
Instructor
#27 Old 7th Jul 2006 at 9:21 AM
Hmm.. I suppose I could disable it when I go to play families with teens that I want to go to school who don't have younger siblings around and then enable it for when I want to play teens that I want to stay home from school..
Thanks!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#28 Old 7th Jul 2006 at 7:33 PM
there i added versions that block for children and teens, or just children
Test Subject
#29 Old 11th Jul 2006 at 12:59 AM
Very nice I can use this so my teens and kids carpool without the bus eating up my polygon count. Does this disable the message that they need to be at school in an hour?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#30 Old 11th Jul 2006 at 2:24 AM
it should
Test Subject
#31 Old 5th Aug 2006 at 6:53 AM
That's really cool, now I can do "homeschooling" with my kids. Now I just have to decide if I want to go to the trouble of taking out and putting it back in depending on the family I'm playing....
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#32 Old 5th Aug 2006 at 2:43 PM
i may at some point make a object that can manipulate the hack, for options and such, i just been real busy with work, and frustrated at my roboticizer object(the animations don't wanna work the right way).
Test Subject
#33 Old 9th Aug 2006 at 8:11 PM
This is a really good idea, but I can't help thinking that, assuming it's possible, it may be useful to link this to a telephone service so that you can call for a school bus if you only want the kids/teens to attent on certain days...
Would anyone know if this is feasible?

Also, I like the notion by "suceress" above - a version that allows the player to select which kids/teens go to or remain home from school.

Is there a mod out there to enable the *earning* of school grades by studying at home, rather than using a possible instant qualification?
Field Researcher
#34 Old 11th Aug 2006 at 8:09 AM Last edited by CtfG : 11th Aug 2006 at 8:11 AM. Reason: Typos, what else...
@Bobcatben:

No offense meant, but my Teen-PC which I posted in March 2006 does exactly the same without conflicting with any other mod / hack: it "frees" any teen you want to from having to go to school. Since it is an object hack and not a global mod, it will affect only specific teens, but not all. Check here to see: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=138660

I have to admit though that the function "Quit school" is not marked as a highlight since the PC was intended to fulfill other functions. But still it is there
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#35 Old 12th Aug 2006 at 3:15 PM
didnt know about that, the difference is yours makes them quit school all togather, mine merely makes it not automatic
Top Secret Researcher
#36 Old 4th Sep 2006 at 2:42 AM
Thank you! I am creating a Victorian neighborhood and did not want the schoolbus to come to my house. Now they won't! I can still send my child to school if I want or I can have them 'tutored at home'.

Now, if only we could find a way to get to replace carpool vehicles or have folks walk to work.
Test Subject
#37 Old 15th Apr 2007 at 7:48 PM
Thanks; this is working fine with Inteen by the way. It was just too hard on me to have my sims go to both work and school at once

Isn't that a girl's name?
Test Subject
#38 Old 7th Jun 2007 at 2:54 AM
What about grades? my parents have the Child Brings home a A+ report card want...how do i do that? And how do you home school kids? I'm a beginner (can you tell )
Any ways, thanks for making something that I've been looking for a loong time.
Test Subject
#39 Old 8th Jun 2007 at 4:06 AM
kay, i upload the mod...but the bus keeps on coming and my kid keeps going to school...help!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#40 Old 9th Jun 2007 at 2:44 AM
1, to get kids to goto school with the mod installed they will either have to hitch a ride with a sibling that does go(like, if you have the noschool for teen version installed, it will still come for children) by clicking the bus and going, or by using a car if u have nightlife+.

2, theres 3 versions, 1 that stops the bus from coming for kids, 1 that stops it from coming for teens, and 1 that stops it from coming period.
Test Subject
#41 Old 9th Jun 2007 at 5:04 PM
kay, thanks...i thought my comp had not read the mod right.
Test Subject
#42 Old 11th Jun 2007 at 9:25 PM
Thanks! Now my teen sims can enjoy a wonderful, long winter-summer-spring break! :D
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 14th Jun 2007 at 11:57 PM Last edited by Beauismyhorse : 26th Jun 2007 at 9:27 PM.
YAY! Now the social worker won't be a meanie and steal all my kids, finally!
Sir, I salute you for this.
My children and teens never go to school (heh..), so the teens fail and can't get into college. The social worker always picks up (steals!!) the children.
Many families will be together now, thanks to you, my friend.

edit: Will this conflict with the Teen Computer?
Test Subject
#44 Old 13th Nov 2007 at 6:28 PM
can you update this for "real life", please? lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Mommy, mommy, mommy !!!
Look at your son ... You might have loved me,
But now I've got a gun ... You better stay out ...
Of my way!!
Oh, mommy I think I've had a bad day!!!"
Test Subject
#45 Old 13th Jan 2008 at 7:33 PM
Yay!! Ive been wishing for this from when I first got the game!
Great Job!!
Test Subject
#46 Old 3rd Jun 2008 at 12:31 AM
this is wonderful, thank you SO MUCH!!! Exactly what i've been wanting :D

"We can't prevent
what we can't predict."
Test Subject
#47 Old 3rd Jun 2008 at 8:46 PM
thanks!
is it possible to download this temporarly for our sims to have a "summertime" and then undownload it wen they are ready to go back?
Test Subject
#48 Old 22nd Aug 2008 at 1:33 AM
Thanks so much! This is great for my medieval neighborhood.

"If I can stop one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain." - Emily Dickinson
Test Subject
#49 Old 26th Jan 2009 at 2:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by uagirlPlayer
thanks!
is it possible to download this temporarly for our sims to have a "summertime" and then undownload it wen they are ready to go back?

There is a summer vacation hack here: http://www.modthesims2.com/download...=0&page=4&pp=25

Or you could remove the package file from your downloads folder when you want your children to go to school... but that could be a bit of a hassle since you would need to close and restart the game.

This is awesome for my medieval neighborhood... since I don't want the poorer children to go to school, but the rich children can still walk or get a ride to school. It works just fine with AL and with Inteen just as you said! Thanks a bunch!
Test Subject
#50 Old 30th Mar 2009 at 4:50 PM
:steals and runs off laughing:
Perfect for my Witches boarding school. I didn't want them running after the big yellow bus during their Potion class. :lovestruc
Page 2 of 3