Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

-Finally Done- Default Replacements for Family Fun Stuff

by Phaenoh Posted 10th Feb 2008 at 3:26 AM - Updated 8th Sep 2008 at 5:43 AM by Phaenoh

67 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 56 Feedback Posts, 10 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Instructor
#26 Old 11th Feb 2008 at 7:06 PM
LOL I am thrilled that you took those goofy looking slippers off the kid's pajamas. I couldn't believe they finally gave us CUTE pjs for kids and had to stick slippers on them.
Inventor
#27 Old 11th Feb 2008 at 8:48 PM
I actually love the slippers on the Pjs but they just don't really suit my sims so I don't really use them much, so I'm gunna play without them for awhile and see if I use them more.

Thanks for the nightgown fix, I use it quite alot but the colours are really dull, I think they go great with the TSS Elite set (I think it looks more suitable for children then teens).

Oh and the mermaid dress fix is great too, I think i might actually use it now.

~R.I.P Tibbs. You will be truely missed~

|MTS2|DeviantArt|
Instructor
#28 Old 11th Feb 2008 at 10:55 PM
I never used the kid's 'slipper Pjs', Now I will! Thanks a bunch

They call me The Seeker.
I've been searching low and high.
Test Subject
#29 Old 11th Feb 2008 at 11:46 PM
[QUOTE=Phaenoh]
A form fitting undershirt just wouldn't look right and changing the mesh is too much of a hassle. I've seen this style a lot on beaches as a cover for the top of a bathing suit. It's not really meant to be worn as normal everyday wear. Sorry I can't fix it for you!
QUOTE]

That's okay! At least you had the decency to reply, and for that, I am grateful.

We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey. ~Kenji Miyazawa
Field Researcher
#30 Old 12th Feb 2008 at 1:47 AM Last edited by Canoodle : 29th Feb 2008 at 11:23 PM. Reason: Converted to a 'thanks' post.
I loved them when they were up running around but hated HATED them getting into bed with them on, So I really love what you have done.

Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
I'm surprised I wasn't the only one! Wow!

About the slippers, yeah, everyone either loves them or hates them, no inbetweeners here! Thanks for commenting everyone!
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 12th Feb 2008 at 11:33 AM
Was the foot texture cloned from another outfit? Because I downloaded this really neat replacement set where it replaces the feet. Even if it doesn't I bet it will look MUCH better on my sims than the maxis ones. Also will you be moving the night caps to sleepwear only? I mean I HATE seeing townies with those nightcaps for everyday it's just plain ugly! But yeah thanks for these replacements. :P

You had eyes to see.
Need help with that rusty tool? x-x
Test Subject
#32 Old 12th Feb 2008 at 3:57 PM
It was definitely worth it. Thank you VERY much for ALL your work. It is amazing. Thanks again! :D
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#33 Old 12th Feb 2008 at 5:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Joshua Degennaro
Was the foot texture cloned from another outfit? Because I downloaded this really neat replacement set where it replaces the feet. Even if it doesn't I bet it will look MUCH better on my sims than the maxis ones. Also will you be moving the night caps to sleepwear only? I mean I HATE seeing townies with those nightcaps for everyday it's just plain ugly! But yeah thanks for these replacements. :P
I'm guessing you are talking about the pjs and slippers? I actually didn't touch the textures on that outfit, I just grabbed some normal children feet and stuck them in where I deleted out the dragon slippers. The slipper textures are still hanging out in your game, they just don't have vertices that they are assigned to anymore.

Didn't know about the nightcap bit, I'll throw that up in a minute here, thats easy.
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 13th Feb 2008 at 4:26 AM
YOu are a god! I have been hating some of the family fun stuff for so long I was beginning to think I only bought it for the bedroom sets! Thanks for making the clothes so much better!
Scholar
#35 Old 23rd Feb 2008 at 9:36 PM Last edited by Canoodle : 29th Feb 2008 at 11:24 PM. Reason: Converted to a 'thanks' post.
[QUOTE=Mokusgirl]YAY!!! You are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO awesome!!!!! you got rid of the bear feet!!! YAY!!!

anyway... U R AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE

:lovestruc My sentiments exACTly! Thanks sooo much!

"What we say is good for nothing, if we say nothing for good.".
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 3:40 PM
Lovely!

Because, seriously, what sane parent puts their child in a midriff-baring outfit? Kids, not mini-sluts! I like it when you make more modest replacements.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#37 Old 3rd Mar 2008 at 3:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lianne87
Thank you! So do I put all these files in my Dowloads folder?
Yup, thats it
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 14th Mar 2008 at 5:10 AM
Wow, I didn't realize how much the mermaid outfit creeped me out until I saw your replacement. Thanks for making that outfit usable!
Test Subject
#39 Old 18th Mar 2008 at 3:12 PM
WooHoo!!! finally no more ugly bear slippers

thank you thank you THANK YOU!!!
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 12:29 AM
One thing I really appreciate about your fixes is how you provide them separately like this. Those of us who like the silly slippers can still fix our jail-bait mermaid outfits. I also really love the toddler skirts. Thank you so much!

coming to you directly from the mothership/make my funk the p.funk
Field Researcher
#41 Old 3rd Apr 2008 at 10:05 PM
cool! i dont even have family fun and i want to download your new fixes! XDDD i think you did a great job :D
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 15th Apr 2008 at 10:19 PM
I ... Love ... you!
once again I have to say, your replacements make me actually want to use the skins within the game!
... from the beginning (say sims1) i avoided using maxis defaults .. now I really want to let my baby grow up
nina
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 13th May 2008 at 11:25 PM
You don't know how long I've been waiting to kill those bear feet! I'm pretty bad at meshing though, so thanks for this.
Instructor
#44 Old 3rd Jun 2008 at 10:34 PM
I'd like to have both creature feet pajamas AND barefoot ones. Since I can't use your tutorial to do it (due to the change in the mesh), any chance of getting some non-defaults sometime?
retired moderator
Original Poster
#45 Old 4th Jun 2008 at 12:39 AM
Get FreeTime, it has the same PJ mesh for kids WITHOUT the bearfeet and keep the ones from FFS with the feet. Or, use the meshing tutorials on this site to make a custom mesh out of mine, you don't have to edit anything in a meshing program, just need SimPE for this.
Instructor
#46 Old 6th Jun 2008 at 3:18 AM
Does it now? How did I miss that in Freetime? Thanks for the tip.
Instructor
#47 Old 7th Jun 2008 at 5:39 AM
Er... actually, I can't find it in Freetime. I have new kiddie PJs from K&B, but they're not particularly similar to the monster-feet PJs, and I have no children's PJs from Freetime at all. I guess I'll just look up how to clone the mesh eventually.
Test Subject
#48 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 3:46 PM Last edited by cow_tools : 22nd Jul 2008 at 4:06 PM. Reason: grammar, more detail
I love your default replacements; you actually make most stuff I'd never touch, well, touchable :o)

However, I've noticed that after installing the Hawaiian outfits replacements, it doesn't change the one female and male Hawaiian outfit (orange shirt and tan/brown-ish pants) included in BV. Is there any chance of a fix (later down the line, if you are busy now) that makes it match the rest of the Hawaiian stuff?
retired moderator
Original Poster
#49 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 5:58 PM
akatonbo, the mesh is from the sewing machine.

cow_tools, if its ugly its already on my list!
Test Subject
#50 Old 30th Jul 2008 at 7:59 PM
I'm having a hard time to download. Keeps bringing me to a white page and saying Forbidden...any advice?

"You never know what you have until you lose it. "
"If you don't cheat, You're not trying"
(`'•.¸(`'•.¸*¤*¸.•'´)¸.•'´)
«´¨`•..¤*Heather*¤..•´¨`»
(¸.•'´(¸.•'´*¤*`'•.¸)`'•.¸)
Page 2 of 3