Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jul 2021 at 2:45 AM Last edited by Treehawk : 20th Jul 2021 at 4:53 PM.
Default (Solved) Subset Selection screen blank in SimPE
I'm trying to make a recolor for an object I have a CEP Extra installed for, the Simple Sentry Clothes Booth. When click recolor in the Object Workshop, it shows the Subset Selection screen like normal, but there's nothing there, and I can't click "Okay". Is there some special way to recolor things with CEP Extras that I'm missing? I could swear I've done this before but I cannot for the life of me remember how.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 20th Jul 2021 at 3:35 AM
If it's this one, make sure to put the files where they're meant to go. They're listed at the bottom.
https://modthesims.info/d/638474/si...-cep-extra.html

If you have the Ultimate collection or any of the CD collections, use the folders here:
Programfiles "...Base\TSData\Res\Catalog\zCEP-EXTRA"
"...Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\zCEP-EXTRA"

If that doesn't work, is the CEP installed correctly? You need that for the extras to work.
Make sure you have the "_EnableColorOptionsGMND" file in Downloads and "_EnableColorOptionsMMAT" in the "(programfiles-> basegame)...\TSData\Res\Sims3D" folder.
Also make sure they're recognized by SimPE in the Preferences.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Jul 2021 at 6:18 AM
Well, I was able to check all those things and get it somewhat fixed. However, I still don't see the new subset when trying to recolor - the only option is the original subset. Other CEP Extras are working as expected, so there must be something weird with this one in particular. Thank you for your speedy help!
Screenshots
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 20th Jul 2021 at 11:19 AM
I had a problem similar to this- dunno if the solution would apply in this case...
https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=621378
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th Jul 2021 at 4:53 PM
Hooray! That fixed it, thanks so much!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 20th Jul 2021 at 5:09 PM
Oh good, well done @HugeLunatic once again! Glad you fixed it Treehawk.