Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Feb 2010 at 10:11 AM
Default iPod shuffle writing game
Hi! Stole this meme off various fanfictioners but it occured to me that it would work perfectly well for non fanfiction as well and maybe produce some cool stories we could share.

So, basically, you put your iPod/iTunes/media player playlist/whatever on shuffle. For the first song that comes up, write a drabble inspired by that song. Supposedly you can only write for as long as the song lasts, but I usually cheat a bit. And then you repeat however many times you want to, with only the songs that come up on shuffle.

So if anyone could be bothered to do this, please share

Call me Meg

lately i want everything
every star tied to a string

av credit
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 17th Feb 2010 at 11:21 AM
This sounds like fun, and as i am typing this on my ipod ill try it.

This is upagainst a

Standing on a cliff, at the sea. Thoughts are all mixed up, intoxicated. I breathe in the chilly sea air and remember your smell and eyes. It all seems so blurry, llife has no purpose. A broken heart i should just end it all... If i jumped it would be better. The pain in my heart. If only id never loved you. If I could only go back and rewind my mistakes, rewind everything. This is my last good bye.

Eh, hope thats alright. A bit short its hard to type on my ipod.

Oh the song was 'up against a wall' by boys like girls

Smile.
It's easier than explaining why you're sad.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 7th Jul 2010 at 12:04 AM
Good thing my iPod is right next to me!! lol
Jeeze, I need to add Selena Gomez's Round & Round song.
I'm not gunna write for the whole song, lol, that's too much! Plus I type really, REALLY fast.... so that won't work out for me.
-SHUFFLE MODE, ACTIVATE!!-
You can always be a super star, you just gotta try, but sometimes you can't. You gotta believe in yourself, but things will stop you from doing things you want or must do. They always want to know what you're doing. You should act stronger and have no fear to stand out and show off yourself. You start off as a loner. You may want to go back to what you once did because life won't be easy...
The song was: Superstar by Lupe Fiasco
As you can see, I wrote really bad, but whatever... lol
----
Don't give up yet, you're almost there, you're gonna get to the place you want if you put in effort and all of your hardwork. Don't worry about the others, it'll take time, just don't give up. You're gonna make it without a problem if you keep putting as much work as you can. When you're being yourself, you have a lot of potential, no matter what others say. It'll be fine, trust yourself and just go and do it! You're gonna make it to your goal, keep working!
The song was: The Middle by Jimmy Eat World
----
You must be sorry because you want me back. You must regret what you said to me before, all of your insults. You didn't believe that you'd come back for me, but we belong together forever and you finally realized that. Our lives are much better with each other. I shouldn't have made you leave me alone, but I didn't know and neither did you. I'm just as sorry as you are, since I'm nothing without you.
The song was: My Life Would Suck Without You by Kelly Clarkson
----
You think I'm stupid, useless, and that I'm the worst person on Earth. Well, tough luck, because I am not and I know I'm not. I found a new guy much, MUCH better than you and he KNOWS that I'm beautiful, intelligent, funny... all the good stuff. You, however, are gross, annoying, and rude. No girl can like you. I am happy with my new life and you should get a life that doesn't involve lying that I'm a bad person, because look who's talking! The person insulting me is actually describing themselves... besides, you dated me, so I know I'm worth it. You aren't. The world knows I am better than you.
The song was: According to You by Orianthi
----
I really need a wish right now, my life is headed nowhere but down. I need luck, I need faith, I need everyone and everything I can get. With this life, I can't live happily anymore. Everything makes me so miserable, I step out the door and know it won't be a good day. They say a new story will unfold, but it seems that I can't afford that book. I really need a better life...
The song was: Airplanes by B.o.B feat. Hayley Williams
----
I can't go forward without you, I really want you back, but we've been separated and both of us can't take it. We miss each other so much, the old days were so warming... I always think about you and I really miss you. I want you back so much. Let's get back together, but I'll need you to help, too. Please help, I can't live without you, I need you badly. Please try, I will try for you but you must do the same. I know you miss me, I need you, but everything is keeping us apart. Fight it and let's get back together, no matter what happens. I'll be waiting for you to try, please just come for me. Again, I can't be without you... please. Do it for us.
The song was: Meet me Halfway by The Black Eyed Peas
---
I'm not sure if that's what you asked for, but if so.. I personally think it's bad >.<

ENTJ
Scholar
#4 Old 9th Mar 2011 at 4:58 AM
Okay, I'm going to do a very bad thing and resurrect the thread.

This was written to "Here's My Life" by BarlowGirl.

--------------------

I know that you may never forgive me for what I had to do. You were just a little boy – a little boy who wanted to be my saviour. A little boy who deserved more than the shambled remains of the girl who called herself your mother.

You have to understand, my little ninja cowboy, that this life wasn’t what I had envisioned, but that I still loved you with all my heart and soul. It’s just that I got so tired, so overwhelmed with the need to protect you from my crazy ideas and my nonsensical world, that I can’t bear to have you watch me go through this downward spiral anymore.

It makes my heart cry, makes my soul break into tiny shards of glass, to know that I will never see you get on the school bus for your first day of school. Never see you play hockey and look up at me whenever you score a goal, even if it was in your own net. Never see you go off on your first date, your first dance, your driver’s test, your graduation. But you deserve better than me, my child. You deserve a mother who can be wholly present for you during those times. You deserve more.

--------------------

Hope that's good!