Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Mar 2022 at 5:01 AM
Default Spending too long on a mod
Does anyone else ever spend WAY too long working on a mod or cc? I'm still so new at this but omg anytime I start working on something, it always winds up taking me 3x as long as I think it will, and sometimes more. Seasoned creators, do you have any tips for how to budget time and not get stuck in the weeds?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 22nd Mar 2022 at 10:10 AM
I also only just started out, but I can relate to your problems, since I'm a terrible perfectionist...
I think part of the problem (at least for myself) is to work on something without getting fast feedback.

Since I started modding myself I'm quite curious about all the new stuff that is being created and I remember your mods in particular since they seem quite well done and useful, so at least I would say that your time is well invested
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Mar 2022 at 5:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by flauschtrud
I also only just started out, but I can relate to your problems, since I'm a terrible perfectionist...
I think part of the problem (at least for myself) is to work on something without getting fast feedback.

Since I started modding myself I'm quite curious about all the new stuff that is being created and I remember your mods in particular since they seem quite well done and useful, so at least I would say that your time is well invested

Oh thank you! Yours are super useful too, and I can't believe you've finished 5 already! I'm glad to hear I'm not alone.

I think part of my problem is I spend half the time messing around trying to figure out how to make certain features, that when it's finally time to assemble it my code is messy that I almost have to start over (not always)! I think I need to be a little more methodical and work on one piece at a time instead of getting distracted by trying to figure out how it all works
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 22nd Mar 2022 at 9:08 PM
Hmm, I'd say that sounds like healthy prototyping