Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jul 2020 at 8:10 PM
Default Can you disable Simfests?
Hiya,

So I'm playing in my custom world which has the performance park and the port-a-party-warehouse. In order to keep things as clean as possible I'm really managing who all lives in the world. Immigration is turned off and I changed the number of sims for many of the roles to either 1 or 0. However because there's the two showtime venues, even though I have magician, acrobat, and singer set to 0 whenever there's a simfest it spawns a magician. Having Overwatch clean up homeless takes care of them that same night but it's still kind of annoying.

I was wondering if there was a way to disable/turn off Simfests from ever happening. Some things I read suggested to just removing the venues but I want to keep them in case I have a sim in MY family who is a magician/acrobat/singer but I'd kinda like Simfests to stop.

Is this possible?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 10th Jul 2020 at 2:04 AM
Remove the performance stages from the venues
Alchemist
#3 Old 10th Jul 2020 at 6:13 AM
It's possible with a simple tuning mod, but not in vanilla game.

Just call me Nikel
Mad Poster
#4 Old 10th Jul 2020 at 9:30 PM
While it's not the best solution, but by going to EDIT TOWN mode and changing the assignment to that of a non-performing one or back to one (respectively to whether you choose to send a performer or not) is the one way I know on going about this besides removing a stage or venue entirely.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.