Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Feb 2006 at 9:23 AM
Default A future addition request
I think the Sims2Pack Clean Installer is awesome and I thank everyone who made this. I would like to make a suggestion of something I think would make it even better, and that is when scanning the files to somehow notify the user when they have a files with a missing mesh. At times when I have alot of files in my downloads it takes me over 20 minutes to start the game and get it to the neighborhood selestor, and I have a 2.4GHz P4 Hyperthreaded with 1056 mb of DDR400 Ram, so I think my computer is fast enough. I think if I just knew which files had missing meshes it would clean alot of them up so I could make my start time much less.

Thanks for listening to my opinion.
Advertisement
Part-time Hermit
#2 Old 12th Feb 2006 at 10:08 AM
You can do that to objects with SimPE's Scan Folders option. Use the recolor - base mesh scanner option (and uncheck all the other options), it'll let you know which recolors in your downloads folder are missing the mesh (check the Recursive option to scan for subfolders, too)
Test Subject
#3 Old 13th Mar 2013 at 9:01 PM
Default I don't think so...
I just tried this because I have a bunch of skins and hair that is showing Maxis default in-game, but it's not identifying them.
Site Helper
#4 Old 14th Mar 2013 at 12:38 AM
I think that Delphy's Download Organizer also has this option.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 24th Mar 2013 at 8:59 PM
Sims Explorer from Simmergirl.com has the ability to identify which items have missing meshes but the program can be quite slow for large downloads folders.