Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Mar 2012 at 1:07 AM
Default Installing Lots...
I think I'm posting this in the right place.
I downloaded llike...30 lots from Mootilda, and they won't load!
I extracted them, double clicked them, and the Clean Installer said it would be in my game.
I have tried a million different ways: the manual way; putting them in my downloads folder; putting them in my desktop.
Is it impossible? All my Body Shop, Buy, and Build CC works...
Thanks!
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 18th Mar 2012 at 2:16 AM
Are you looking in the Lots and Houses bin? How can you tell that they aren't installed?

Did you change the default installation location in the Clean Installer? If so, try installing into the default installation location.

Otherwise, perhaps you could take screenshots of each Clean Installer window, so that we can try to understand what's happening.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Mar 2012 at 2:47 AM
I'm sorry...I'm really confused when it comes to computers.
Yes, I have looked in the Lots and Houses bin, and they're not actually IN the game, but every time I double click it, it says it's been installed.
I'm not really sure how to change the default location, so I don't think I did (unless by accident).

But I got some screenshots, first of what it looks like when I click on the application, and then what it looks like when I try to download...

Sorry to be a bother...
Screenshots
Site Helper
#4 Old 18th Mar 2012 at 3:35 AM Last edited by Mootilda : 18th Mar 2012 at 2:28 PM.
Can I see the next screen? The one that you get when you click on the Install button?

That screen will tell us where the lot is being installed, so that we can look for it using Windows Explorer.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Mar 2012 at 3:33 PM
Okay, here is what happens when I click install, then the next when I click install the next time. After both these steps, it shows the "file successfully installed" box.
It says it goes to the Teleport folder, but it's never there.
Screenshots
Site Helper
#6 Old 18th Mar 2012 at 6:16 PM
The fact that you get the "already exists" error seems to indicate that the files are actually being added to the Teleport folder.

Did you check the full path shown in either of these windows? Is that the correct path to your game (C:\Users\John\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Double Deluxe\Teleport)? Can you look in that folder to see whether there are files in it?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 18th Mar 2012 at 6:52 PM
It wasn't the correct path...for some reason, it has been saving to my brother's account.
But I fixed it and now they show up in the game.
THANK YOU SO MUCH :D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Test Subject
#8 Old 7th Dec 2012 at 8:50 AM
Default This is happening to me too
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
The fact that you get the "already exists" error seems to indicate that the files are actually being added to the Teleport folder.

Did you check the full path shown in either of these windows? Is that the correct path to your game (C:\Users\John\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Double Deluxe\Teleport)? Can you look in that folder to see whether there are files in it?

we I go into my Teleport folder there are no files in there at all. Are there meant to be?? When I've checked using Sims2Pack Clean Installer all of the lots are in the LotCatalog subfolder. I don't know what i'm doing wrong and all of the other comments apply to me too. All the same things happen to me including the box that pops up saying the files are installed but when i enter the game they are no where to be seen. I'm really confused. Please, I need your help...
Site Helper
#9 Old 7th Dec 2012 at 4:12 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 7th Dec 2012 at 10:06 PM.
The files in the Teleport folder are temporary. The Clean Installer adds them and they are removed by the game when it installs the lots from the Teleport folder into the LotCatalog.

Check the installation location in the second window. Is that where your save game is stored? If it is, then could I see a screenshot of the second window, taken just before you're ready to click on the Install button?
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 22nd Dec 2012 at 2:14 PM
I think I'm posting this in the right place.
Before uploading my lot, i am scaning it with Clean Installer. I uncheck the unwanted content and then click Save As and save a new file with a new name. Then I checking lot in the game without CC.
I install new file with a new name with Clean Installer.
lot does not appear in the catalog of lots. The game does not see CC of this lot.
Immediately after installation lot with a new name with Clean Installer size of all files is normal (in folder downloads). After game start size of all files is reduced to 1 KB(folder downloads)
If i install lot with a old name (lot before uncheck the unwanted content) - all OK.
Why?
Site Helper
#11 Old 22nd Dec 2012 at 8:22 PM
Notice how your lotSegmentForUpload is an empty package? I suspect that's your main problem. That message is saying that the lot isn't a valid lot, but a package with nothing at all in it. The actual lot must be one of the other packages. In fact, I can see the Sims2Import file, although I can't see the corresponding Sims2Tmp file. This is very odd; I've never seen anything quite like it before.

I'm afraid that I'll have to see the original Sims2Pack to try to determine what's wrong with it. If it was downloaded, could you please give me a link to the download? If you created it yourself, or if it's pay content, please zip and share the Sims2Pack. Depending upon the size, you may be able to attach it to a post in this thread. If it's too big for that, then share it at a file sharing site like MediaFire and then give me a link.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 22nd Dec 2012 at 9:57 PM Last edited by Droopsi : 22nd Dec 2012 at 10:26 PM.
Mootilda, thanks!!! I drew attention to empty packages after your post. I have left a mark only for lotSegmentForUpload and then click Save As and save a new file with a new name. lotSegmentForUpload is not an empty package!!! Then I uncheck the content which may be paid ( I not sure - this content is paid or not, I just disabled the suspicious files) and save a new file with a new name. There are no empty packages! So, may be my problem in the paid content?
Sims2Pack - is my lot. I wanted to clean it from recolors trashcans and mailboxes. Here
Site Helper
#13 Old 23rd Dec 2012 at 2:02 AM
I haven't been able to reproduce your problem. Which version of the Clean Installer are you using?
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 23rd Dec 2012 at 7:51 AM
Site Helper
#15 Old 23rd Dec 2012 at 12:53 PM
That's likely your problem. That's a very old version which has a bug that sometimes creates empty packages.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 23rd Dec 2012 at 2:51 PM
If I bet a new version of the Clean Installer, do I need to reinstall the net framework?
Site Helper
#17 Old 23rd Dec 2012 at 5:05 PM
No, you wouldn't need to reinstall .NET. However, you need to make sure that you have a version of .NET which is 2.0 or higher.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 23rd Dec 2012 at 6:14 PM
Mootilda, many-many-many thanks!! My .NET 2.0 1.1. Which version Clean Installer you advise me to download?
Site Helper
#19 Old 23rd Dec 2012 at 8:55 PM
I would recommend the latest version, 1.6.18, which can be found at the autolink for the words "Clean Installer".