Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jun 2013 at 1:54 AM
Cannot Install or Uninstall Clean Installer
So a while ago, I packaged some lots and did something to the game which I don't quite remember. As I recall, some of the lots had families of which I really want get back. I'm did everything imaginable but there is no way in the world I could resolve any issues and it is absolutely frustrating. I installed Clean Installer and tried to use it a while ago and I don't think I knew how to use it. So I tried uninstalling it and as I understood it went through. I tried doing things again and no luck. I looked everywhere and everyone said Clean Installer was how to fix issues. Now, whenever I try to install one Windows says there is already a version of it and I need to uninstall it first. Hitting Yes or No does absolutely nothing and it is truly frustrating. Using the Sims 2 installer, the blue box comes up but it says that expansion pack content is needed that I don't have. I tried a variety of things and they wouldn't go through. I deleted all associations with Clean Installer and the program isn't on my list. When I go to start and hit uninstall, the computer doesn't know what file to uninstall, I'm so lost and angry. I can't get any custom lots and it is aggravating. Any help? Is there any way the developers could change the name and something in the coding to make Windows see it as a separate program and install on? PLEASE HELP.
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 25th Jun 2013 at 5:55 AM
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Jun 2013 at 5:13 PM
Thank You
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
Did you try a manual uninstall?
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=438882
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=173517

I saw the first link before but the second one proved extremely useful. Thank you so very much. All mods work now and I couldn't be happier, you just improved my Sims 2 experience