Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Oct 2013 at 2:12 AM
Default Sims2Pack Refusing to Open
I'm having a bit of a jam with Clean Installer as of lately. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and I've looked through the other threads and can't seem to find a solution to my problem. The installation goes very smoothly, but then opening it is where my trouble starts. It gives me a large window saying how it's not valid (I have attached a screenshot of this window), and then when I hit the OK button, it opens the window for Clean Installer, but then says it has encountered a problem and needs to close. Any suggestions/fixes? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Screenshots
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 11th Oct 2013 at 4:26 AM
Unfortunately, it's failing in Windows, not the Clean Installer or .NET code. Can you search your system for a file named comctl32.dll please? What version of Windows are you using?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Oct 2013 at 7:46 AM
There's 17 of those files you had me search up. And this should be my version Windows XP Home Edition 2002. It's a fairly old computer, but Clean Installer did work on here before.
Site Helper
#4 Old 11th Oct 2013 at 4:11 PM
You're saying that the latest version of the Clean Installer worked before and doesn't now? Or, was it an earlier version of the Clean Installer (say 1.5.1.4, before the switch to .NET 2.0)?

The Clean Installer should run under Windows XP. Do you have SP3 installed? If not, which service pack are you running? You can tell by looking at Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> System.

Can you look at the version of comctrl32.dll in your WIndows\System32 folder? To find the version, right click on the file in Windows Explorer and select Properties. I've attached mine for comparison.

You might also want to check the version in Windows\System32\dllcache, to see whether you have an old version cached for some reason.
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Oct 2013 at 9:51 AM
No, it was an earlier version. I had it about a year and a half ago. I'll get back to you on the other questions as I'm currently not able to get to my personal computer. But something odd happened. I had uninstalled Clean Installer and decided to just try to unzip the download and put it in myself. It had the Clean Installer icon on it (the one that shows you can use Clean Installer on it) and I double clicked it to try and open it. A window similar to Clean Installer's opened up and asked if I wanted to install the pack. I hit yet, curious as to what would happen, and it successfully installed the items I wanted. Don't know how it worked, but it did.
Site Helper
#6 Old 12th Oct 2013 at 5:07 PM
Was it the Clean Installer, or was it the shipped BodyShop installer?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 21st Oct 2013 at 8:40 AM
Ohhh, okay. Yeah, it went to the BodyShop