Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Dec 2015 at 1:56 PM
Default A quick question....
I have recolored a bedroom that was converted by CuriousB. I couldn't help but notice in game that she had set the price of the bed at 3000 simoleons (night stand and dresser were both well above 1000 each) but left the room values, etc., at 0 and the comfort level of the bed at 3...no energy... and only 2 to the room. I went in to the respective meshes and tweaked these numbers... because, let's face it.... would you buy an expensive bedroom set that did nothing for you?
My dilemma here is that I'm not sure of the "ethics" on how to present this.
should I....

1) add notation on the file names that they were "tweaked" by myself and just call it good?
2) add the links to the original files and just be happy knowing that people will not be happy with pretty bedrooms that their sims will hate? (doesn't seem logical)
3) give the explanation on what I've done and still provide the link to the original?

It's entirely up to you....

Thank You
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 5th Dec 2015 at 2:02 PM
I think option 3 but it's a bit of a grey area uploading edited meshes. When I did it (here), I offered some original recolours at the same time. Also, the original meshes are no longer available which makes it better.

Also from that thread, make sure you point this out:
"You can't have both versions of the mesh in your game as I have not altered either the names of the files or the GUID - pick one or the other."
If that's the case.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc