Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jun 2021 at 5:05 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default Nraas Master Controller makes games freeze
Hello!
Lately I've been having a problem with my game. Specifically on the same sim day around 4 am the clock stops and sim freeze but the plumbob and the trees keep moving and I can still here the game sounds effects from seasons, fountains etc. After going through my mods I figures it happened when I played my game with both TIPSYOMSP and Master Controller. I removed TIPSYOMSP and launched my game again but as long as moved the rest of my CC back on the game, the same thing happened again. After searching I figured out that a CAS item was causing the freeze and tried to figure out which one and when I thought I had finally found it and was ready to play, I realised that the freeze kept happening when I launched the game with nothing but Master Controler, while it didn't before.
I checked the version of the game and it is compatible with the mod's version and also I tried deleting the save and playing with the backup or reseting the whole twon but nothing works.

I'm sorry if I wasn't helpful enough, English isn'y my first language.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#3 Old 6th Jun 2021 at 8:35 PM Last edited by igazor : 6th Jun 2021 at 8:46 PM.
Whozzat?

Yes, support for NRaas mods is best provided at NRaas. But the thing is, MasterController doesn't actually DO anything to or for your game as the game clock moves forward. It is a player control center through which we players can issue commands (go there, come here, be this, stop being that, run a status or demographics report, reset yourself, etc.). It does absolutely nothing on its own other than provide the required NRaas menus on objects, sims, lots, and City Hall. It doesn't seem possible that just providing menus then sitting back and doing nothing would cause simulator overload, and certainly not at the same sim time each day.

The same could be said for OMSP items, they don't actually DO anything when not in Build/Buy placing the slots on objects.

It sounds like you are not using Overwatch, ErrorTrap, or Register and we're going to end up strongly recommending those mods no matter where you ask for help in order to preserve and troubleshoot gameplay properly.

Now 4 am is an odd hour for this to be happening because it's not very likely that sims across town would be going to school or work at that hour. Maybe coming home and going to bed? More likely there is an overabundance of spawners on some lot(s) in town that are triggering far too many of their objects all at the same time at 4 am. Or possibly you have a lot of LN elevator buildings in town and bartenders/patrons are getting stuck in them when they try to go home after the bars close -- Overwatch helps with this, to an extent, by resetting all of the elevators in town every sim night. But if none of that helps perhaps you could bring the issue to us at NRaas and we could walk you through using DebugEnabler to produce an alarm data dump of scheduled tasks at 3:50 am or so and we can take a closer look at what might be happening.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 6th Jun 2021 at 9:09 PM
Ι have both Overwatch and Error Trap and I'll download Register too. I'll launch my game with just those four mods and come back with the results.

PS. I don't have Late Night intalled anymore, I have forgotten to update my profile.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 6th Jun 2021 at 9:14 PM
I'm not reading your profile, was just thinking about what might be going on in a typical world, if there is such a thing, at precisely 4 am.

If ErrorTrap is kicking up any interesting script error logs (not correction or deref logs, those are just routine operations), then we would like to see them. But again, better at NRaas and not here.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 7th Jun 2021 at 7:45 PM
I'll go create a topic on Nraas. Thanks again.