Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jul 2006 at 10:50 AM
Clean Installer won't even install into my computer!
I tried to download the most recent version of the Clean Installer but it keeps telling me that I have an older version on my computer already. Then it proceeds to ask me if I want to uninstall it. When I select "yes", it does nothing. When I select "no", it still does nothing. I do not have any previous versions at all on my computer anymore. I have tried to delete and re-download the installer about 7 times, and even restarted my computer. Does anyone have any suggestions? Any would be much appreciated, thanks!
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 12th Jul 2006 at 12:06 AM
Try removing the registry key and manually deleting any Clean Installer files:
MY COMPUTER\ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ SOFTWARE\ Sims2packClean Installer
Test Subject
#3 Old 2nd Aug 2006 at 4:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by reesa3376
I tried to download the most recent version of the Clean Installer but it keeps telling me that I have an older version on my computer already. Then it proceeds to ask me if I want to uninstall it. When I select "yes", it does nothing. When I select "no", it still does nothing. I do not have any previous versions at all on my computer anymore. I have tried to delete and re-download the installer about 7 times, and even restarted my computer. Does anyone have any suggestions? Any would be much appreciated, thanks!
hi i had this exact situaion but i listened to you and it worked.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 18th Aug 2006 at 12:46 AM
Thank you ! I will try it!
Test Subject
#5 Old 19th Aug 2006 at 3:21 AM
You are the BEST!!!! I have been driving myself crazy trying to figure this one out. Thanks a bunch! Love this website!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Test Subject
#6 Old 23rd Aug 2006 at 10:39 PM
I can't find this MY COMPUTER\ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ SOFTWARE\ Sims2packClean Installer on my computer- could someone post a location I can just manually run? I have Windows XP so that might be why I can't seem to find it...
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7 Old 23rd Aug 2006 at 11:45 PM
Test Subject
#8 Old 24th Aug 2006 at 12:17 AM
Thanks, I was able to find it- sadly there were no sims Clean Installer files in there to delete and I still have that problem installing the newest version of the program. I posted about it in another thread.
Test Subject
#9 Old 24th May 2010 at 3:51 AM
I'm having the same issue. I've checked my program folder, my computer folder, I uninstalled the installer in the control panel, and did the "regedit" thing and still there were no hot keys or whatever to delete.
I'm really confused and I still keep getting the same message saying that I need to uninstall the program. There are no signs of the sims2 clean pack installer on my computer. Please help.
Thank you.
Site Helper
#10 Old 25th May 2010 at 7:46 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 25th May 2010 at 10:39 PM.
See whether you have any of the following in the registry (look for spaces as typed below, excluding the quotes):
"Sims2Pack Clean Installer"
"S2PCISE"
"S2PCI"
Test Subject
#11 Old 31st May 2010 at 8:24 PM
I fixed my problem! Apparently I wasn't looking in the right place for the Sims2PackCleaner file. But I found it now, and it works!
Thanks guys!
Test Subject
#12 Old 9th Mar 2013 at 3:46 PM
Thank you thank you thank you for this!