Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Sep 2012 at 10:05 PM
Default Empty folders with stuff in them?
Hellos,

My problem is a bit strange. I've been trying to chase down a default replacement skin file in my game and thought I could just use the installer to sort everything by type and look at the preview pictures to figure out which was the one I was looking for. However when I open my skins folder in the installer nothing shows up at all.

I don't think it's because the files have already been installed, that's never been an issue before, but for some reason nothing in this folder will show up. I browsed the folder using windows and it's chocked full of stuff, just in the installer nothing is showing. No .rar and no .package files at all.

I'm running Windows 7, if that helps at all. I'm confused xD

Thanks ahead of time for any assistance!

-- Somni
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 24th Sep 2012 at 10:54 PM
As it stands, I don't have enough information to help you.

How large is your skins folder? What kind of files does it contain? What steps are you following to open the folder with the Clean Installer? Can you attach a screenshot of the Clean Installer window?
Sockpuppet
#3 Old 25th Sep 2012 at 2:18 PM
i dont think the installer is capable to do this as skin replacements only have DDS files inside
You best open these files with SimPE to view the texture
Site Helper
#4 Old 25th Sep 2012 at 4:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BloomsBase
i dont think the installer is capable to do this as skin replacements only have DDS files inside
Could you provide a link to one such CC? I'd like to see what the Clean Installer does with these files.
Sockpuppet
#5 Old 28th Sep 2012 at 7:38 PM
Site Helper
#6 Old 28th Sep 2012 at 10:23 PM
I downloaded the first Sims 2 CC in that list. The Clean Installer seems to display all of the skins in that download just fine.

What makes you think that the Clean Installer doesn't work with those files? Do you have one which is not displayed, that I could look at? I can't solve this problem if I can't reproduce it.

Somnambulist, I can't solve this problem without more information. Please provide the information that I requested, so that I can try to understand why the Clean Installer isn't working for you.
Sockpuppet
#7 Old 29th Sep 2012 at 7:54 PM
i didn't say that
I was responding to SOM's post that the installer(EA's) probably isn't capable to view them.
He didn't mention wat installer he was using..

edit,
Oh, didn't see he posted in Sims2pack Clean Installer section
Site Helper
#8 Old 29th Sep 2012 at 8:03 PM
OK; I understand. I just like to follow up on all reports of problems with the Clean Installer.