Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jun 2021 at 8:58 PM Last edited by mistermooman : 13th Jun 2021 at 10:17 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Is it okay to not install Store Edition?
I don't have ultimate collection, and I just got the last of the disks that I needed to have everything. I've freshly installed several times, but some mods still won't work. Certain mods tell me to install things in M&G stuff, but my game always loads EP99. I think if I just refuse to install it, it might fix some things, but I'm scared it might also break some things. Do you know if it's okay, or do I really need it?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 13th Jun 2021 at 10:01 PM
The EP99 is the Store version, and if you have the option not to install it, the game should (in theory, anyway) be able to work fine without. It was a part of the later CD collections but not the single packs, and not the UC either (at least, I haven't seen it in my version). I don't think it's needed for the game to run for the CDs that have it as an option, and I think it's possible to opt it out when installing (but someone who has the collection CDs, correct me if I'm wrong).

The Store version can complicate things a little bit when setting up your game and mods. You may need to use the Store shortcut/EXE to start the game, and a few mods that involve the install directory may require some special attention, but for most mods like that you should still use the M&G folder, as the EP99 doesn't have a full setup like the other EP/SPs do.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Jun 2021 at 10:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
The EP99 is the Store version, and if you have the option not to install it, the game should (in theory, anyway) be able to work fine without. It was a part of the later CD collections but not the single packs, and not the UC either (at least, I haven't seen it in my version). I don't think it's needed for the game to run for the CDs that have it as an option, and I think it's possible to opt it out when installing (but someone who has the collection CDs, correct me if I'm wrong).

The Store version can complicate things a little bit when setting up your game and mods. You may need to use the Store shortcut/EXE to start the game, and a few mods that involve the install directory may require some special attention, but for most mods like that you should still use the M&G folder, as the EP99 doesn't have a full setup like the other EP/SPs do.

Okay, you've given me the confidence to install without it. Thank you!
Field Researcher
#4 Old 14th Jun 2021 at 2:33 AM
Also, I've seen people who had issues getting 4GB Patch to work with it, so that's another thing to consider. If you can avoid installing it, then avoid it.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 14th Jun 2021 at 6:34 AM
You very much DON'T want to install Store Edition, its a pain in the butt.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~