Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#126 Old 4th Jun 2018 at 1:48 PM
@simsample, tell me I haven't completely lost my mind... Your avi was different yesterday wasn't it? lol. I'm glad to see it's back to the "classic" Sim pic (if I'm not crazy). I was quite shocked when I saw posts from you without Sim staring at me from over the rim of his glasses :P
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#127 Old 4th Jun 2018 at 1:52 PM
@justJones I don't know, I thought simsample's new avi was hot stuff. :P

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#128 Old 4th Jun 2018 at 2:20 PM
@justJones

@joandsarah77

Screenshots
Attached Images

Mad Poster
#129 Old 4th Jun 2018 at 2:52 PM
Well, I am happy to be winked at once in a while again
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#130 Old 4th Jun 2018 at 6:41 PM
Ah yes, @simsample, it was the simmerized one I saw, lol.

@joandsarah77, I didn't say the new one wasn't nice Just that it wasn't what I was used to, lol
Mad Poster
#131 Old 4th Jun 2018 at 11:13 PM
Some thoughts as a first-time judge, who has just started to work on the judging sheet, which I want to share with the contestants
You have worked hard, some contestants harder than others, but I appreciate what all of you have done.
I will try to be fair, and I hope that my comments will be helpful along the way - I will try not to make mistakes (I know to err is human, but I will still try).
If you are disappointed with your score later, I can tell you that I have ended up stone last in the first round of my first competition, but managed to take 2nd place in the end, because I just worked harder.
Never forget to have fun - you should enjoy it
Good luck to everyone!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#132 Old 4th Jun 2018 at 11:33 PM
A round of applause for our judges!

This round will take longer to judge since judge 1 is moving house. If she can't judge I will step in as the emergency judge. If anybody is lurking who would like to be emergency judge feel free to put your hand up though as hosting is quite enough for me really. I only put myself down as nobody had volunteered for the position.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#133 Old 4th Jun 2018 at 11:44 PM
I will volunteer to be the emergency judge if you would like to have me? I have plenty of lots on my profile. Here are a couple of my uploads Northfield University Dorms, and my latest The Shelley Bungalow

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#134 Old 4th Jun 2018 at 11:47 PM
Thanks Karen, that is much appreciated. Putting you down on the judging table.

~Call me Jo~
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#135 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 2:51 AM
I just realized the last entry on the table shows Aysarth's entry again.

@Justpetro @yavannatw @gdayars Fixing this. It may not fix it on the judging sheet though.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#136 Old 6th Jun 2018 at 10:44 PM
I really am struggling with the basement in this house. The trouble is that the floor of the basement is 20 clicks below the level of the floor above instead of the usual 16 clicks. I wanted to use the basement as a bedroom for Ajay with an en suite toilet and wash basin (and possibly a shower), and an additional small room that he might use for private study. To save space I wanted to use a ladder I have (actually the Climbing Mesh from Phaenoh's "It's all Wood" playground set). But the ladder isn't long enough (It's for a 16 click difference between floor levels), and when I try to place new internal walls in that basement, it just says "Covered by Floor Tile".

So basically I want to raise the basement floor level by four clicks. I thought I'd do this by using the "Split Level Interior Foundations". But, though I could place floor tiles on the raised floor, I couldn't place walls or the ladder there. I'm wondering if I can use CFE to raise that floor by 4 clicks without distorting the walls. I see other people have successfully added dividing walls inside that basement.

It makes me glad I gave up trying to take part in the contest proper -- I'm "just" a play-along now. But even as a play-along, I'll really have to post my entry soon. If I don't think of something quickly, I'll just have to finish the rest of the house and move Ajay in. And deal with the basement later. I'm actually doing this in my regular Strangetown (which I've only played for one rotation).

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#137 Old 6th Jun 2018 at 11:14 PM
@AndrewGloria I didn't even need to use CFE. I just used the terrain tool to raise one point of the ground 4 clicks, then raised the other three points around that square by 4 clicks too. The terrain level tool then allows you to make the rest of the basement level to match.

I always use a Maxis wallpaper that has a skirting board on it to do this- if you place one of those on the basement wall, you can then see how much you need to raise the terrain to make it the correct height (unlike walls, you can raise the ground right next to foundations with no problem). Once you have that right, you should be able to place walls in there with no trouble.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#138 Old 6th Jun 2018 at 11:45 PM
I also use wallpaper. Another way is to simply leave the basement as is. I would have made this place over for Ajay and left the basement. Just seems to be the easiest choice.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#139 Old 7th Jun 2018 at 12:05 AM
Thanks simsample and Jo! I'll do that tomorrow.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#140 Old 7th Jun 2018 at 8:55 PM Last edited by Justpetro : 7th Jun 2018 at 9:05 PM.
I think we need to have a party around here right now Unfermented fruit juice for the judges, fermented for everyone else. Contestants should use the opportunity, since they will have to be building again soon.

BBQ and wine at the fermented fruit juice bar
Screenshots
Instructor
#141 Old 7th Jun 2018 at 9:05 PM
I'll be the first to join the party!
Scholar
#142 Old 7th Jun 2018 at 9:35 PM
and i'll be second!

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Space Pony
#143 Old 7th Jun 2018 at 10:08 PM
Me three!! Any rosewine, perhaps, Justpetro ? :P

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
Mad Poster
#144 Old 7th Jun 2018 at 10:10 PM
If you want rosewine, there will be rosewine!
Field Researcher
#145 Old 7th Jun 2018 at 10:53 PM
Thanks for the fermented juice. Much appreciated.

(this glass is the wrong shape though.)
Top Secret Researcher
#146 Old 7th Jun 2018 at 11:06 PM
Cheers!
Prost
Santé
Salud
Salute
Skål
Kippis
Sláinte
Space Pony
#147 Old 8th Jun 2018 at 4:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by yavannatw
Kippis

Kippis to you too! <3

Very suprised I was (and like Yoda I sound like now) to see that in there :D

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
Top Secret Researcher
#148 Old 8th Jun 2018 at 9:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kukamuukaanmuka
Kippis to you too! <3

Very suprised I was (and like Yoda I sound like now) to see that in there :D

I purposely put that in there for you
Mad Poster
#149 Old 8th Jun 2018 at 11:44 AM Last edited by Justpetro : 18th Jun 2018 at 9:25 AM.
Default Round 1 Play Along : Ajay Loner
I felt like playing along, so here we go. Ajay has to keep himself busy if he is going to be a loner, so he has plenty of things to do. He can also count the new, clean sea sand grains in his backyard systematically, square by square, now. He makes robots for a living, which he sells to the (aliens in the) air. Visitors have to find the entrance at the back themselves

I had fun Edit: Added a clearer screenshot of the floor plan.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#150 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 2:30 AM
Since I don't know how to pm pictures @yavannatw I am placing how the cells of the judging sheet should look here. You should be able to type in your scores into the cells on the sheet that I uploaded. If downloading the sheet is still giving issues I could try dropping it into a PM on Discord. The sheet you sent is fine, but if we can fix it so the real sheet works that would be preferable.
Screenshots

~Call me Jo~

Page 6 of 25