Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Dec 2020 at 3:40 AM
Default Families in the bin disappearing after installing Tarlia's clean templates
Yesterday I downloaded Tarlia's clean hood templates, but when I went to test them, Belladonna Cove and Strangetown had every stealth hood family missing from the bin, only the Singles and Loner (which come from Strangetown, not a stealth hood) were still there. Those were the two neighbourhoods I was using to test my game before, they were already created. Riverblossom Hills, Desiderata Valley, Veronaville and Pleasantview I only loaded after the clean hoods and they worked just fine, every family was there. Why did this happen? I probably can solve the issue in no time by getting the templates in the Programs folder and creating new versions of Belladonna Cove/Strangetown (and it wouldn't even matter as I really wasn't playing those hoods, just testing), but I'm asking anyway to be sure.

On a related note, do Belladonna Cove, Riverblossom Hills and Desiderata Valley (the non-base game hoods) have anything in the neighbourhood history/storytelling like Pleasantview, Strangetown and Veronaville? I didn't pay attention to that when first loading Belladonna Cove but I noticed yesterday that those three didn't have it at least in Tarlia's versions, and was wondering if it's a Maxis thing or Tarlia's versions changed that.

Nice Rachel we're having.
My C:Simblr!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 30th Dec 2020 at 5:03 AM
Those families are created when the stealth hood is created, i.e. when you load the neighborhood for the first time. If you've loaded those neighborhoods before, which bin families they have has nothing to do with the clean templates and is based on whatever you had installed the first time you loaded them. I've had the generation of EAxis hoods glitch out with default templates before (when I first loaded Belladonna Cove after installing Apartment Life, there were no sims at all either on lots or in the bin - they could be summoned with the teleporter but all seemed to be set as adult males, regardless of what age/gender body they had), so possibly something like that happened.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Dec 2020 at 1:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
Those families are created when the stealth hood is created, i.e. when you load the neighborhood for the first time. If you've loaded those neighborhoods before, which bin families they have has nothing to do with the clean templates and is based on whatever you had installed the first time you loaded them.

That's what I thought, that's why what happened confused me even more. I'd be less surprised if this hadn't happened in Belladona Cove and Strangetown and instead in the other 4 which I hadn't loaded.

Test Subject
#4 Old 31st Dec 2020 at 11:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Yvelotic2001
Yesterday I downloaded Tarlia's clean hood templates, but when I went to test them, Belladonna Cove and Strangetown had every stealth hood family missing from the bin, only the Singles and Loner (which come from Strangetown, not a stealth hood) were still there. Those were the two neighbourhoods I was using to test my game before, they were already created. Riverblossom Hills, Desiderata Valley, Veronaville and Pleasantview I only loaded after the clean hoods and they worked just fine, every family was there. Why did this happen? I probably can solve the issue in no time by getting the templates in the Programs folder and creating new versions of Belladonna Cove/Strangetown (and it wouldn't even matter as I really wasn't playing those hoods, just testing), but I'm asking anyway to be sure.

On a related note, do Belladonna Cove, Riverblossom Hills and Desiderata Valley (the non-base game hoods) have anything in the neighbourhood history/storytelling like Pleasantview, Strangetown and Veronaville? I didn't pay attention to that when first loading Belladonna Cove but I noticed yesterday that those three didn't have it at least in Tarlia's versions, and was wondering if it's a Maxis thing or Tarlia's versions changed that.

I feel slow - trying to understand what happened. But you loaded Belladonna Cove the original hood and it had no stealth hood families? And then loaded the original Strangetown and it too had no stealth hood families? That sounds like at some point you installed clean stealth hood templates and when you loaded them for the first time they were never created.

If that is the case then it is really odd that the clean template versions of Riverblossom, Veronaville, Pleasantview have all the stealth hood families. I don't think they should - regardless of whether you have the clean stealth hood templates in place or not. But I could be wrong. Maybe if you reverted back to the populated stealth hoods you would end up with the corresponding sims in the sim bin even on clean templates.

Regardless you can always add these shopping districts and get them back. https://meetmetotheriver.tumblr.com...d-empty-stealth

To your other question: Only the 3 base game hoods have scripted events. But all the hoods should have stories/pictures associated with each family and text in the family bios. I've found that sometimes for whatever reason the family picture albums end up blank when I load a clean hood. Seems hit or miss - not sure why.
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Jan 2021 at 1:36 PM
I'll try to clarify. Before I downloaded the clean hoods I had already played in Belladonna Cove and Strangetown for testing. After I downloaded them, the other four premade hoods were just fine, but the two I had already loaded had no stealth hood families in the bin. And no, I didn't have any other templates before and the families were there up until the clean hood situation.

As for the neighbourhood story, it's kinda meh, personally I don't care that much, but it seemed odd that the base game hoods still had pictures.