Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#26 Old 9th Oct 2016 at 12:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
If I am unsure I check a posters profile or if it doesn't say I just say 'their'.

I thought it was male by default? And according to Delphy a lot of people don't change it (or was it HP who said that?).

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 9th Oct 2016 at 12:34 AM
I'm female, and I identify as female and have never been called a male.

@wickedjr89 Your RL name is seriously my favorite name ever .

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#28 Old 9th Oct 2016 at 12:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Technically it's 2 if you go by the downstairs bits, plus an additional 'unsure' variant, where the downstairs aren't fully developed one way or another (with different variants). I'm not sure if there are cases of being both, though.

Hermaphrodites? They certainly exist. There are also intersex people with two X chromosones plus a Y or vice-versa or other variants. I think intersex also includes (though am not sure) other variations such as hormonal difference and unclear or undeveloped gonads or sex organs.

Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
Eh, I think 'sex' is the biological component and 'gender' is more psychological; I'm saying this as someone who's mildly anti-SJW.

I thought gender was generally regarded as cultural?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#29 Old 9th Oct 2016 at 12:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
I thought it was male by default? And according to Delphy a lot of people don't change it (or was it HP who said that?).

Some people change it to say unspecified or human race or something like that.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#30 Old 9th Oct 2016 at 12:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DezzyBoo
I'm female, and I identify as female and have never been called a male.

@wickedjr89 Your RL name is seriously my favorite name ever .

Lol, thank you Stephanie was a super popular baby girl name in the 80s and 90s though, in the top 10 (I'm very into names lol) and thanks to that in school a teacher or some other adult could call "Stephanie!" and me and 5 other girls would say "Here!"....then "Which one?!" I love my name though despite that, only name i've ever known and wouldn't change it. Sometimes, usually, we'd go by "Stephanie our last initial" but in my 11th grade English class there was me and one other Stephanie...both with the same last initial had to be even more specific there, and I sat right behind her so pointing may not have helped either

My middle name is Jean. Stephanie Jean

My Simblr
He/They
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#31 Old 9th Oct 2016 at 12:41 AM
Yes, I meant cultural. Psychology and culture aren't really vacuumed from each other, though.

My middle name (which I go by) is a bizarre French spelling of an otherwise common name.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#32 Old 9th Oct 2016 at 12:50 AM
I'm male, I think. I have occasionally been mistaken for female in Real Life due to small stature (5ft. 5in., 1.65m), long hair (about the same length as my Sim Andrew) and a fairly high voice pitch. My main online presence is here on MTS, and I think most regulars here know that I'm male. When I first joined I was thinking of not disclosing, hence me choosing the names of both my [then] new Sims (Andrew and Gloria) as my user name, but when it asked my sex, I thought I might as well tell the truth.

Although biologically male, I think I'm miles from the traditional masculine gender stereotype. I cry easily and hate violence. Compared to many female Simmers here, I tend to eschew the use of formulae to decide what my Sims are going to do. Instead I tend to rely on pure intuition.

By the way, what does "anti-SJW" mean?

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Top Secret Researcher
#33 Old 9th Oct 2016 at 12:50 AM
Yeah I was only talking about biological sex. Which while that in itself can be varied gender i'd say is even more confusing. Well i'm not sure confusing is the right word. I just figure that's however you feel you identify, and for most people that just ends up matching their sex. I'll support whatever pronouns someone wants to have used though, it's a part of who they are. I'm a cis woman so I can't speak for trans or intersex people, i'm just an ally for them.

I'm a big supporter of LGBTQIA+ rights and the I as far as i'm aware I stands for intersex. I'm bisexual myself, the B..

My Simblr
He/They
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#34 Old 9th Oct 2016 at 12:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
By the way, what does "anti-SJW" mean?

SJW = social justice warriors. You can look more up about them but here's my view: Might have a few good points but they have a tendency to go too far and get into vigilante justice and witchhunts; my best friend nearly got doxxed for claiming the lyrics of a certain song weren't actually about rape, and Black Lives Matter was invited to a gay pride parade in Toronto and in return, tried to shut it down for....some reason.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Top Secret Researcher
#35 Old 9th Oct 2016 at 12:59 AM
I don't pay much attention to SJW's. Some seem like great people who care but then as ihate mentioned some have a tendency to go too far and just

I just go by the person. One bad apple doesn't spoil the whole bunch.

Edit: Maybe I should clarify I don't pay attention the label SJW, it's not that I ignore them.

My Simblr
He/They
Inventor
#36 Old 9th Oct 2016 at 1:05 AM
I'm feeling neutral today, so I'mma say that . I idle on neutral, or agender, most of the time, never feeling particularly one way or the other. Though I don't use the tag genderfluid, simply because I do skew some to a particular gender if I'm feeling one at all. It used to amuse me when someone mistook me for the 'wrong' one (i.e. the one that didn't fit my biological sex, because I wasn't aware of the separation of sex and gender back then), but now I just shrug. He/she/they, whatever, just don't call me something nasty and I'm fine
Mad Poster
#37 Old 9th Oct 2016 at 1:10 AM
There are absolutely cases of being both; not to mention that family in Puerto Rico where girls are occasionally born who grow up to be boys at puberty. The family is totally used to this and the transition is seamless because everybody knows it's normal in this family, and the little girl grows up to be a man who behaves like a normal Puerto Rican man.

The term SJW is like "politically correct," weirdly used to shame people for saying "You know, you should treat X group like human beings." You can support BLM and LGBTQ groups and feminism and disability activism and respond to individual cases of the failure of intersectionality. Racism is rife within feminism and LGBT groups and misogyny is rife within racial activist groups and LGBT groups and, ableism is rife everywhere including in organizations that are supposed to be helping them, and let's face it, the "Gay Community" is really bad at supporting their bi, trans, and intersex members. Because that's the world we live in - we have no idea what our 'isms are till we're faced with them.

Cynicism is the most supine moral position. Let us all be gentle with one another.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#38 Old 9th Oct 2016 at 1:19 AM
@AndrewGloria Good for you, sweetheart. You'd be surprised how many girls would like a guy like you around

@wickedjr89 We had the same problem with too many Nick's in our classroom. My name however is Desiree (Des-ur-ray) quite unpopular when I was growing up and everyone kept calling me Des-ur-ree Hated that. Hated my name actually. But I have learned to like it better with my nickname, Desi.

I spell it Dezzy online cuz...idk it looks more username friendly, I guess. The Boo was added cuz I'm an idiot and if I had to choose, I would get the Boo removed.

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Top Secret Researcher
#39 Old 9th Oct 2016 at 1:23 AM
@DezzyBoo Omg I love the name Desiree, my best friend in Elementary school is named Desiree! We kinda of grew apart as we got older but we are actually still friends on facebook, we didn't part on bad terms or anything just grew apart and into different things.

My parents split up when I was in kindergarden so 1st grade was a new school for me, and she was the first friend I made there.

My Simblr
He/They
Field Researcher
#40 Old 9th Oct 2016 at 2:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LFact
Female, although I usually use musculine.

Picky pedant corner: "musculine" would mean "mouse-like", as in Mus musculus, the House Mouse. In fact, I think the musculus is a diminutive of mouse, if so the Latin name would literally mean "Mouse little-mouse"

I think you meant "masculine"

On thread: I'm male, have never pretended to be otherwise, nor had any reason to think I might be otherwise. I wouldn't go so far as to assume that anyone here is female until stated otherwise, but I would be inclined to think that they are more likely to be female. So long as they're making sense, I don't see how it matters.

SJWs: From what I gather, the term originally arose within the social justice movement itself, as a way to deride vocal self-righteous individuals who spouted a lot of hot air but never did much in the way of real activism.
Instructor
#41 Old 9th Oct 2016 at 2:05 AM
@saturnian: Yes, masculine. I had to spell check before posting... ('English is not my mother tongue' is my excuse) XD
Scholar
#42 Old 9th Oct 2016 at 2:20 AM
@wickedjr89 Awwww, well then good. I am noticing that Desiree is becoming a bit popular lately. And most of the girls I see with it are my age which surprised me So yeah, I am starting to like my name. I even gave my Second Life avatar the name Desiree

And I have yet to make a self Sim named that...maybe I will

Top Secret Researcher
#43 Old 9th Oct 2016 at 2:28 AM
Desiree is a pretty name

According to nameberry.com it means "desired, wished" too

My Simblr
He/They
Mad Poster
#44 Old 9th Oct 2016 at 2:58 AM
My username admit of no doubt in my gender.
I never emphasized a gender on online forums or games. Most important are actions or things what you want to say.
If someone says "Thanks, buddy" I'll take it for granted. And I've heard it a lot.
Mad Poster
#45 Old 9th Oct 2016 at 8:34 AM
Female. I suppose I should add more to that. But that answers the question.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#46 Old 9th Oct 2016 at 11:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Some people change it to say unspecified or human race or something like that.

I think the point was there seem to be a higher than expected number of male members of the site. Sure some people change it, many don't.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#47 Old 9th Oct 2016 at 12:15 PM
If they don't notice or change it than yes. My daughter is a member here and hers said male until I told her about it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#48 Old 9th Oct 2016 at 12:29 PM
Genderfluid, physically male, homosexual, homoromantic demisexual. hahaha I sound like a tumblr post

I do sometimes get mistaken for a woman online, but mostly when I use female avatars.
Mad Poster
#49 Old 9th Oct 2016 at 12:43 PM
There of course, conditions as well, but generally, people are born one gender or another, with a tiny percentage of exceptions, and in my view it has little, if anything at all, to do with sexual preference. I have gay friends who are far more masculine than many of their straight counterparts and will never refer to themselves as anything but male. The only difference between them and other men - their sexual preference. One of the opposition members in parliament is a very handsome gay man, married to another very handsome gay man, a scientist. (And so what if they are not that masculine?) Our world class athlete, Castor Semenya, has hyperandrogenism and looks quite masculine, is married to a woman, but still refers to herself as a woman and that is the way we see her as well.

So I don't really get the sensitivity about gender.
Field Researcher
#50 Old 9th Oct 2016 at 1:17 PM
I'm very much female, but I have been surprised by some of the answers in this topic already hahaha. I don't know, I always just assume anyway. I don't think you can base a lot off of my 'name' (Charlie), because it's unisex and it's a nickname, not my real name.
Page 2 of 9