Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 6:16 AM
Default Retexturing objects with a separate dds
My quest is to make a rainbow of recolours for various plants and trees.

However, they get their textures from a fullbuild package, so when you clone the plant object, it doesn't contain an image file. I've discovered how to find the images ( http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...C_and_modify_it ), however it is a very outdated tutorial, and what I can't figure out is how to put the new image file in the cloned object file so that it uses that texture instead of the default game one, as a new object.

...hopefully that makes sense.

I did make a sort of similar thread about this before, however that was before figuring out where the images were found, and there was never a response to my updated query.
Thus, new, uncluttered thread, in the hopes that someone will be able to point me in the right direction.
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 10:13 AM
With plants you mean those from Build Mode, right? Those that come near trees and flowers?

If so, maybe this thread can help you: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=548625
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 11:57 AM
Hm, I'm not sure... that whole thread is a bit confusing to me.

Basically I just want to recolour flowers, for instance the azaleas or hibiscus, while leaving the leaves alone =\
Inventor
#4 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 12:24 PM
Flowers are the same as trees as far as cloning, retrieving the textures and edit the _SPT resource.
I don't want to be auto-referential, but post#2 in that thread should tell you everything you need to
know (and you can re-color only the flowers and not the leaves, I don't see the problem).

If you want to create default replacements for the flowers, you can simply override the textures without
doing the other steps. You have to retrieve the textures, extract them in a new package and edit them
from there (extract them from the package, change them with a graphic software and re-importing them).
But I'm sure you already know the drill. If you need more help let me know ^^
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Mar 2015 at 3:39 AM
Alright, I'll try to follow that guide, hopefully it's not beyond my capabilities ^^ Thanks for the advice.